Locomotion again

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

After playing the game for a while I find I must change my opinion of it.
At first I considered it a really poor substitute for TTDLX, but it sort of
grows on you. There are still some things that could be done better,
probably in a bugfix/upgrade to deluxe.

Bob
5 answers Last reply
More about locomotion again
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:04:20 +0000 (UTC), Compfix wrote:

    > After playing the game for a while I find I must change my opinion of it.
    > At first I considered it a really poor substitute for TTDLX, but it sort of
    > grows on you. There are still some things that could be done better,
    > probably in a bugfix/upgrade to deluxe.
    >
    > Bob

    I found I have been through several stages of hating/liking it. I am hating
    it now as a couple of scenarios can be so easily won by building several
    Concorde. It really doesn't belong in the game, or needs to carry less
    people and cost about 50 times more a month to run!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:07:23 +0100, Me wrote:

    > On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:04:20 +0000 (UTC), Compfix wrote:
    >
    >> After playing the game for a while I find I must change my opinion of it.
    >> At first I considered it a really poor substitute for TTDLX, but it sort of
    >> grows on you. There are still some things that could be done better,
    >> probably in a bugfix/upgrade to deluxe.
    >>
    >> Bob
    >
    > I found I have been through several stages of hating/liking it. I am hating
    > it now as a couple of scenarios can be so easily won by building several
    > Concorde. It really doesn't belong in the game, or needs to carry less
    > people and cost about 50 times more a month to run!

    I don't mean to be heretic about ttd/locomotion but after seeing what the
    demo of the new RCT3 is - fully 3d, nice grapiscs, etc. I thing i'll be
    sticking to it.

    Thw only new feature in locomotion that i really want to see in ttd is
    playfield rotation - in fact i was thinking of a way to acheive it by
    saving the same and rotaing the tiles in the save. It is trivial but
    complicated to do. Some graphics wont be ok, but roting on 180 degress
    would be fine . well graphis wont be ok.

    as for rct3 - the engine is wery good and the trakbuilding is more
    conveniet. only the put the simcity 4 interface in. but i can sware maxis
    were bought by EA not Atari.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    "Compfix" <compfix@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > After playing the game for a while I find I must change my opinion of it.
    > At first I considered it a really poor substitute for TTDLX, but it sort
    > of grows on you. There are still some things that could be done better,
    > probably in a bugfix/upgrade to deluxe.
    >
    > Bob

    I agree, I didn't like it at first, but am enjoying it more all the time.
    The main thing I don't like is that the reliability drops so fast, and there
    is no way to slow it (as per depot and/or scheduled maintenance). The only
    way that I have found is to replace it with a new engine, which gets to be
    soooooooooo time consuming when you have a lot of engines!! I end up having
    to spend too much time doing that instead of working on other projects
    ......'sigh'

    Bob R./SirLoin465a
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    SirLoin465a wrote:

    > The main thing I don't like is that the reliability drops so fast, and there
    > is no way to slow it (as per depot and/or scheduled maintenance).

    On tt-forums there is two "mods" (actually it is a modified version of
    all vehicles of the game) :
    - no breakdowns (so no problem if vehicles are old and not reliable)
    - increased relability for new vehicles
    I prefer the seconds. New vehicles get a 180-160% reliability instead of
    80% or something like that, so they last about 20-25 years instead of
    less than 10 before they become too old. So with this mod it is finally
    it is a little like the good old TTD, except you do not get a message
    when the vehicle becomes old (but since the vehicles can be sorted by
    reliability, you can quickly find which ones are too old).
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

    "Antoine" <antp@-removethispart-clara.co.uk> wrote in message

    > On tt-forums there is two "mods" (actually it is a modified version of all
    > vehicles of the game) :
    > - no breakdowns (so no problem if vehicles are old and not reliable)
    > - increased relability for new vehicles

    Kewl! That will sure help the frustration level :-)
    Thanks,
    Bob R./SirLoin465a

Games Video Games