C:windowssystem opens when clicking on various items

Hello,
I cleaned up my PC and must have deleted something important. I can
send a message from Hotmail but I can NOT send a message or reply from
my Yahoo account. Also, C:\windows\system opens up when I click on
some shortcuts.
THanks for any help,
Earl Strassberger

> C:\windows\system opens up when I click on
> some shortcuts.

Earl,

Are the targets of these shortcuts still present? What happens if you
create a new shortcut? Does this also cause the system folder to open?
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

strassbergere@yahoo.com <strassbergere@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I cleaned up my PC and must have deleted something important. I can
> send a message from Hotmail but I can NOT send a message or reply from
> my Yahoo account. Also, C:\windows\system opens up when I click on
> some shortcuts.

Mike,
I clicked on various shortcuts, I created a new one, BUT none of this
caused windows\system to open. I will keep a more accurate log of when
this happens.

The serious problem is that I can not create a message or reply to a
message in Yahoo. I can in hotmail and my mindspring account. I can
type the reply or message but when I click on SEND nothing happens.
Thanks for your help,
Earl

strassbergere@yahoo.com <strassbergere@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I clicked on various shortcuts, I created a new one, BUT none of this
> caused windows\system to open. I will keep a more accurate log of
> when this happens.
>
> The serious problem is that I can not create a message or reply to a
> message in Yahoo. I can in hotmail and my mindspring account. I can
> type the reply or message but when I click on SEND nothing happens.
> Thanks for your help,

Never having in the past and never likely to in the future use Yahoo I'm
sorry but I can't help you there. If I am correct in ASSuming that Yahoo
is a web based e-mail service then the problem is most likely due to
problems with Yahoo or possibly a cookie or similar problem on your PC.
Have you changed any security settings recently?
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com