symantec still here?

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
January 29, 2005 4:59:01 PM

i thought i had remove sym from pc? like sym lliveupdae com module 1.63.12.o,
1.64.3.0 , 1.80.19.0 and sym net same #'s. i have installed etrust
armor/firewall/antivirus. hoping for the best. regt'd 1yr free.

please advise.

More about : symantec

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 2:08:48 AM

Run this tool to clean your system of all residues:

http://ca.huji.ac.il/bf/mcafee/NoNav.exe

Zee

"bonifacia" <bonifacia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i thought i had remove sym from pc? like sym lliveupdae com module
1.63.12.o,
> 1.64.3.0 , 1.80.19.0 and sym net same #'s. i have installed etrust
> armor/firewall/antivirus. hoping for the best. regt'd 1yr free.
>
> please advise.
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 2:08:49 AM

wow!!! tanks.

"oops!!" wrote:

> Run this tool to clean your system of all residues:
>
> http://ca.huji.ac.il/bf/mcafee/NoNav.exe
>
> Zee
>

> "bonifacia" <bonifacia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i thought i had remove sym from pc? like sym lliveupdae com module
> 1.63.12.o,
> > 1.64.3.0 , 1.80.19.0 and sym net same #'s. i have installed etrust
> > armor/firewall/antivirus. hoping for the best. regt'd 1yr free.
> >
> > please advise.

January 30, 2005 3:12:28 AM

That tool NoNav.exe looks interesting. Where can I read more about it? How
does it differ from Rnav2003.exe? There isn't much about it on the HUCA
website.

http://ca.huji.ac.il/helpdesk/tshoot/mcafee.shtml#norto...

It looks to be a tool to remove Norton/Symantec Client Corporate Edition,
but it doesn't say which versions. I just uninstalled SystemWorks 2004.
Would this tool be beneficial to me, or is it only for removing 2003
versions?

"oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Run this tool to clean your system of all residues:
>
> http://ca.huji.ac.il/bf/mcafee/NoNav.exe
>
> Zee
>

> "bonifacia" <bonifacia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i thought i had remove sym from pc? like sym lliveupdae com module
> 1.63.12.o,
> > 1.64.3.0 , 1.80.19.0 and sym net same #'s. i have installed etrust
> > armor/firewall/antivirus. hoping for the best. regt'd 1yr free.
> >
> > please advise.

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 8:57:02 AM

i have dsl verizon w/msn and aol broadband byoa. does the error message have
anything to do with servers.?

"bonifacia" wrote:

> i thought i had remove sym from pc? like sym lliveupdae com module 1.63.12.o,
> 1.64.3.0 , 1.80.19.0 and sym net same #'s. i have installed etrust
> armor/firewall/antivirus. hoping for the best. regt'd 1yr free.
>
> please advise.
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 1:04:48 PM

I found it here:

http://ca.huji.ac.il/helpdesk/tshoot/mcafee.shtml

Norton/Symantec Client Corporate Edition:

If the HUJI distribution version is installed in your computer, and you
didn't manage to uninstall Norton from the Add/Remove programs Control
Panel, download and run NoNav.exe.

But I found it works with several versions of NAV.

Zee

"ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> That tool NoNav.exe looks interesting. Where can I read more about it? How
> does it differ from Rnav2003.exe? There isn't much about it on the HUCA
> website.
>
> http://ca.huji.ac.il/helpdesk/tshoot/mcafee.shtml#norto...
>
> It looks to be a tool to remove Norton/Symantec Client Corporate Edition,
> but it doesn't say which versions. I just uninstalled SystemWorks 2004.
> Would this tool be beneficial to me, or is it only for removing 2003
> versions?
>

> "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > Run this tool to clean your system of all residues:
> >
> > http://ca.huji.ac.il/bf/mcafee/NoNav.exe
> >
> > Zee
> >

> > "bonifacia" <bonifacia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > i thought i had remove sym from pc? like sym lliveupdae com module
> > 1.63.12.o,
> > > 1.64.3.0 , 1.80.19.0 and sym net same #'s. i have installed etrust
> > > armor/firewall/antivirus. hoping for the best. regt'd 1yr free.
> > >
> > > please advise.

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 1:04:49 PM

No. I don't have HUJI installed and don't really know what HUJI is.

I was reading this thread while waiting for a reply in another thread and
was simply curious about NoNAV. I wonderered if NoNAV could be used to
remove traces of NAV 2004 or SystemWorks 2004, but there isn't enough info
on that page to make an informed decision, and it may not even be
applicable to me since I don't use HUJI.

I uninstalled Norton SystemWorks at Noel Paton's suggestion. Now I use a
different antivirus, but there could still be traces of SystemWorks in my
registry. WinMe is working much better and faster now, and Noel is helping
me get all my Windows Updates reinstalled, consequences of removing Norton
and IE and reinstalling IE.

Symantec does not yet have an RNAV2004 or a removal tool for NAV 2004 yet.
I'd better not worry about manually removing registry entries at this point
unless a problem arises.

Thanks.

ForestSpirit

> I found it here:
>
> http://ca.huji.ac.il/helpdesk/tshoot/mcafee.shtml
>
> Norton/Symantec Client Corporate Edition:
>
> If the HUJI distribution version is installed in your computer, and you
> didn't manage to uninstall Norton from the Add/Remove programs Control
> Panel, download and run NoNav.exe.
>
> But I found it works with several versions of NAV.
>
> Zee
>

> "ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > That tool NoNav.exe looks interesting. Where can I read more about it?
How
> > does it differ from Rnav2003.exe? There isn't much about it on the HUCA
> > website.
> >
> > http://ca.huji.ac.il/helpdesk/tshoot/mcafee.shtml#norto...
> >
> > It looks to be a tool to remove Norton/Symantec Client Corporate
Edition,
> > but it doesn't say which versions. I just uninstalled SystemWorks 2004.
> > Would this tool be beneficial to me, or is it only for removing 2003
> > versions?
> >

> > "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > > Run this tool to clean your system of all residues:
> > >
> > > http://ca.huji.ac.il/bf/mcafee/NoNav.exe
> > >
> > > Zee
> > >

> > > "bonifacia" <bonifacia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > 1.63.12.o,

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 2:47:54 PM

I tried it to remove traces of NAV2003 in Win98 and ME and it worked.

It doesn't clean (as far as I could see from the log file) anything not
related to NAV (stress NAV not NSW).

It does break Norton Speed Disk but that's easily repairable if you want to
keep it.

And, yes, not enough info on it.

Good luck,

> No. I don't have HUJI installed and don't really know what HUJI is.
>
> I was reading this thread while waiting for a reply in another thread and
> was simply curious about NoNAV. I wonderered if NoNAV could be used to
> remove traces of NAV 2004 or SystemWorks 2004, but there isn't enough info
> on that page to make an informed decision, and it may not even be
> applicable to me since I don't use HUJI.
>
> I uninstalled Norton SystemWorks at Noel Paton's suggestion. Now I use a
> different antivirus, but there could still be traces of SystemWorks in my
> registry. WinMe is working much better and faster now, and Noel is helping
> me get all my Windows Updates reinstalled, consequences of removing Norton
> and IE and reinstalling IE.
>
> Symantec does not yet have an RNAV2004 or a removal tool for NAV 2004 yet.
> I'd better not worry about manually removing registry entries at this
point
> unless a problem arises.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ForestSpirit
>
> "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I found it here:
> >
> > http://ca.huji.ac.il/helpdesk/tshoot/mcafee.shtml
> >
> > Norton/Symantec Client Corporate Edition:
> >
> > If the HUJI distribution version is installed in your computer, and you
> > didn't manage to uninstall Norton from the Add/Remove programs Control
> > Panel, download and run NoNav.exe.
> >
> > But I found it works with several versions of NAV.
> >
> > Zee
> >

> > "ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > That tool NoNav.exe looks interesting. Where can I read more about it?
> How
> > > does it differ from Rnav2003.exe? There isn't much about it on the
HUCA
> > > website.
> > >
> > > http://ca.huji.ac.il/helpdesk/tshoot/mcafee.shtml#norto...
> > >
> > > It looks to be a tool to remove Norton/Symantec Client Corporate
> Edition,
> > > but it doesn't say which versions. I just uninstalled SystemWorks
2004.
> > > Would this tool be beneficial to me, or is it only for removing 2003
> > > versions?
> > >

> > > "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 2:54:29 PM

HUJI - The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Not quite sure how you can install a University on a PC!!! :)

AFAIK, the RNAV tool works on NAV 2004 - at least it can't do any more harm
than NAV itself has already done.

Note that the NoNAV program is intended ONLY for the Corporate client
edition of NAV, and not for your Retail copy (it will work to a certain
extent, but not completely)

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> No. I don't have HUJI installed and don't really know what HUJI is.
>
> I was reading this thread while waiting for a reply in another thread and
> was simply curious about NoNAV. I wonderered if NoNAV could be used to
> remove traces of NAV 2004 or SystemWorks 2004, but there isn't enough info
> on that page to make an informed decision, and it may not even be
> applicable to me since I don't use HUJI.
>
> I uninstalled Norton SystemWorks at Noel Paton's suggestion. Now I use a
> different antivirus, but there could still be traces of SystemWorks in my
> registry. WinMe is working much better and faster now, and Noel is helping
> me get all my Windows Updates reinstalled, consequences of removing Norton
> and IE and reinstalling IE.
>
> Symantec does not yet have an RNAV2004 or a removal tool for NAV 2004 yet.
> I'd better not worry about manually removing registry entries at this
> point
> unless a problem arises.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ForestSpirit
>
> "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I found it here:
>>
>> http://ca.huji.ac.il/helpdesk/tshoot/mcafee.shtml
>>
>> Norton/Symantec Client Corporate Edition:
>>
>> If the HUJI distribution version is installed in your computer, and you
>> didn't manage to uninstall Norton from the Add/Remove programs Control
>> Panel, download and run NoNav.exe.
>>
>> But I found it works with several versions of NAV.
>>
>> Zee
>>

>> "ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > That tool NoNav.exe looks interesting. Where can I read more about it?
> How
>> > does it differ from Rnav2003.exe? There isn't much about it on the HUCA
>> > website.
>> >
>> > http://ca.huji.ac.il/helpdesk/tshoot/mcafee.shtml#norto...
>> >
>> > It looks to be a tool to remove Norton/Symantec Client Corporate
> Edition,
>> > but it doesn't say which versions. I just uninstalled SystemWorks 2004.
>> > Would this tool be beneficial to me, or is it only for removing 2003
>> > versions?
>> >

>> > "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 3:07:04 PM

Quote:
This will remove NAVCE and Symantec AV version 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, SCF, SSC, and
AMS from the filesystem and registry, and restart the computer.
Unquote.

Noel is correct, it removes what is common on both/all versions.

Anyway, it will leave you with a much cleaner system.

Zee

news:o hy4vJsBFHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> HUJI - The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
> Not quite sure how you can install a University on a PC!!! :)
>
> AFAIK, the RNAV tool works on NAV 2004 - at least it can't do any more
harm
> than NAV itself has already done.
>
> Note that the NoNAV program is intended ONLY for the Corporate client
> edition of NAV, and not for your Retail copy (it will work to a certain
> extent, but not completely)
>

> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > No. I don't have HUJI installed and don't really know what HUJI is.
> >
> > I was reading this thread while waiting for a reply in another thread
and
> > was simply curious about NoNAV. I wonderered if NoNAV could be used to
> > remove traces of NAV 2004 or SystemWorks 2004, but there isn't enough
info
> > on that page to make an informed decision, and it may not even be
> > applicable to me since I don't use HUJI.
> >
> > I uninstalled Norton SystemWorks at Noel Paton's suggestion. Now I use a
> > different antivirus, but there could still be traces of SystemWorks in
my
> > registry. WinMe is working much better and faster now, and Noel is
helping
> > me get all my Windows Updates reinstalled, consequences of removing
Norton
> > and IE and reinstalling IE.
> >
> > Symantec does not yet have an RNAV2004 or a removal tool for NAV 2004
yet.
> > I'd better not worry about manually removing registry entries at this
> > point
> > unless a problem arises.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > ForestSpirit
> >
> > "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I found it here:
> >>
> >> http://ca.huji.ac.il/helpdesk/tshoot/mcafee.shtml
> >>
> >> Norton/Symantec Client Corporate Edition:
> >>
> >> If the HUJI distribution version is installed in your computer, and you
> >> didn't manage to uninstall Norton from the Add/Remove programs Control
> >> Panel, download and run NoNav.exe.
> >>
> >> But I found it works with several versions of NAV.
> >>
> >> Zee
> >>

> >> "ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > How
HUCA

> > Edition,

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 3:07:05 PM

hi, came to ask your advise on a something different that i encounted when i
logged on today .. an error message which reads: C;
WINDOWS\SYS\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE ... VALIDATION FAILED FOR C WINDOWS\SYS\VS
NIT.DLL
first time see above message ? does this have anything to do with my new ez
armor installed yesterday.

in a follow up to this thread i looked into folders c:windows.pchealth>temp
found nis8>nav/setup/virus def files. what to do? looked in search files for
pchealth (83files). on nis8 (1 file).
i thought i had removed the pchealth /pchealth data coll.at an earlier time.
had the norton anti 2001 oem factory install, later web downloaded the nis
2005 upgrade on 11/05.
appreciate further guidance on both issues.

"oops!!" wrote:

> Quote:
> This will remove NAVCE and Symantec AV version 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, SCF, SSC, and
> AMS from the filesystem and registry, and restart the computer.
> Unquote.
>
> Noel is correct, it removes what is common on both/all versions.
>
> Anyway, it will leave you with a much cleaner system.
>
> Zee
>

> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> news:o hy4vJsBFHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > HUJI - The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
> > Not quite sure how you can install a University on a PC!!! :)
> >
> > AFAIK, the RNAV tool works on NAV 2004 - at least it can't do any more
> harm
> > than NAV itself has already done.
> >
> > Note that the NoNAV program is intended ONLY for the Corporate client
> > edition of NAV, and not for your Retail copy (it will work to a certain
> > extent, but not completely)
> >

> > --
> > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
> >
> > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> > http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
> > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
> >
> > Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
> >
> > "ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > No. I don't have HUJI installed and don't really know what HUJI is.
> > >
> > > I was reading this thread while waiting for a reply in another thread
> and
> > > was simply curious about NoNAV. I wonderered if NoNAV could be used to
> > > remove traces of NAV 2004 or SystemWorks 2004, but there isn't enough
> info
> > > on that page to make an informed decision, and it may not even be
> > > applicable to me since I don't use HUJI.
> > >
> > > I uninstalled Norton SystemWorks at Noel Paton's suggestion. Now I use a
> > > different antivirus, but there could still be traces of SystemWorks in
> my
> > > registry. WinMe is working much better and faster now, and Noel is
> helping
> > > me get all my Windows Updates reinstalled, consequences of removing
> Norton
> > > and IE and reinstalling IE.
> > >
> > > Symantec does not yet have an RNAV2004 or a removal tool for NAV 2004
> yet.
> > > I'd better not worry about manually removing registry entries at this
> > > point
> > > unless a problem arises.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > ForestSpirit
> > >
> > > "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> it?
> > > How
> HUCA

> > > Edition,
> 2004.

> module
> etrust

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 3:07:06 PM

It's caused by Zone Alarm, see here:
http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/Prod_1/Articles55646...

Or search the ZA site for further information.

John

bonifacia wrote:
> hi, came to ask your advise on a something different that i encounted when i
> logged on today .. an error message which reads: C;
> WINDOWS\SYS\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE ... VALIDATION FAILED FOR C WINDOWS\SYS\VS
> NIT.DLL
> first time see above message ? does this have anything to do with my new ez
> armor installed yesterday.
>
> in a follow up to this thread i looked into folders c:windows.pchealth>temp
> found nis8>nav/setup/virus def files. what to do? looked in search files for
> pchealth (83files). on nis8 (1 file).
> i thought i had removed the pchealth /pchealth data coll.at an earlier time.
> had the norton anti 2001 oem factory install, later web downloaded the nis
> 2005 upgrade on 11/05.
> appreciate further guidance on both issues.
>
> "oops!!" wrote:
>

>>Quote:
>>This will remove NAVCE and Symantec AV version 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, SCF, SSC, and
>>AMS from the filesystem and registry, and restart the computer.
>>Unquote.
>>
>>Noel is correct, it removes what is common on both/all versions.
>>
>>Anyway, it will leave you with a much cleaner system.
>>
>>Zee
>>

>>"Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>news:o hy4vJsBFHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>
>>>HUJI - The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
>>>Not quite sure how you can install a University on a PC!!! :)
>>>
>>>AFAIK, the RNAV tool works on NAV 2004 - at least it can't do any more
>>
>>harm
>>
>>>than NAV itself has already done.
>>>
>>>Note that the NoNAV program is intended ONLY for the Corporate client
>>>edition of NAV, and not for your Retail copy (it will work to a certain
>>>extent, but not completely)
>>>

>>>--
>>>Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>>
>>>Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>>>http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>>http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>>
>>>Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
>>>
>>>"ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>and

>>info

>>my

>>helping

>>Norton

>>yet.

>>it?

>>HUCA

>>2004.

>>module

>>etrust

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 5:31:31 PM

(EZArmor is a cut-down version of ZoneAlarm, if you're getting confused at
this point!<g>)

--

news:o cBdaWtBFHA.1836@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

!