setup has caused an error in SETUP.EXE

While attempting to install filemaker pro 7.0, I receive the above message.
Is the hard drive failing or can something be done to correct this?

1) Clean the setup CD well and retest. You may wish to also use a cleaning
CD for the CD drive.

2) Confirm that there is a lot of free space on C: for temporary file use
during the setup, ca. > 500 MB. Run Disk Cleanup and Defrag to clean up
C:\.

3) Reboot to Safe Mode and remove the CD drive in Device Manager. Reboot
to Normal Mode letting Windows reinstall the driver. Then retest the
FileMaker setup.

4) The FileMaker CD may be damaged.

5) I do not think this has anything to do with the HD. The setup files are
not being read properly.

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------