HP USB RW CD problem

My HP USP CD-RW Drive when the PC boots up it begins spinning and will
not stop spinning until I eject and reinsert the disk. It's a disk of
jpegs. So basicallt it'll spin for days as long as my pc is running for
no reason. How do I stop this?

try going to my computer and right clicking on the
drive icon and then click on properties.
poke around in there to see if you can find a switch that says something
about what to do when a disk is put in the drive, and set it to do nothing.
I think its a box you uncheck.