Reinstalling WinME

Is it possible to partition my HD, reinstalling WinME on the new partition,
then shift the program files I have on the HD over to the new partition and
finally remove the old partition? Or am I just dreaming?

I just hate taking it somewhere and getting every program and file I have on
it removed and then put back on it after reformatting the HD and
reindtalling WinME. Also, I am afraid of not getting some of the programs
back up and running otherwise.

Any suggestions?

PS... I am not a total rookie, probably know just enough to get into trouble
without proper guidance.

Thanks in advance,
CT

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You could lose everything in all partitions unless it's done correctly. How
big a drive do you have and how many partitions are presently on it? And you
can't just shift program files, in most cases they would have to be
re-installed from the origianl CD, floppy, or download.

Chuck Thomerson wrote:
> Is it possible to partition my HD, reinstalling WinME on the new partition,
> then shift the program files I have on the HD over to the new partition and
> finally remove the old partition? Or am I just dreaming?

I'd be dreaming if I thought I could answer that without knowing how
your disk is currently set up.... (?)

Rick

Yes, you're dreaming!
It *is* possible - but it's almost certainly easier, quicker, and more
likely of success, to fix whatever problem you're having with the current
install,

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi