  • NIC
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
January 31, 2005 3:54:42 PM

Windows Explorer stop responding after is senses a connection on the onboard
NIC. I have removed the drivers (Intel Pro 100) and install them again. I
have disabled the onboard card and installed a Cardbus NIC with the same
results.

History:
The computer was working fine until I tried installing a Dlink DWL-G650
wireless network card. I have removed all hardware and applications that is
associated with the card.
I have rolled the registry back to a date prior to the Wireless NIC install
with the same results.
I am about to reinstall Windows Me, but I thought I through this problem and
see if any one has experienced this problem.

Thanks,

More about : windows explorer crash

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 1:13:21 AM

My only suggestions would be

1)
reboot to Safe Mode
Open Device Manager
Remove ALL NIC devices, and associated drivers, etc
Remove ALL 'Other Devices' if present
Remove ALL error-flagged devices
Reboot to Normal Mode, and allow Windows to reinstall required drivers.

2) If you feel that you have to reinstall ME - look here first!
http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/reinME.htm

HTH
--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"jpinter" <jpinter@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Windows Explorer stop responding after is senses a connection on the
> onboard
> NIC. I have removed the drivers (Intel Pro 100) and install them again.
> have disabled the onboard card and installed a Cardbus NIC with the same
> results.
>
> History:
> The computer was working fine until I tried installing a Dlink DWL-G650
> wireless network card. I have removed all hardware and applications that
> is
> associated with the card.
> I have rolled the registry back to a date prior to the Wireless NIC
> install
> with the same results.
> I am about to reinstall Windows Me, but I thought I through this problem
> and
> see if any one has experienced this problem.
>
> Thanks,

February 1, 2005 11:25:59 AM

Thanks for the advice...unfortunately same results.

Thanks for the link....