PC loses Web when laptop connects wirelessly??

Toby

I have a PC at home connected to the Internet using a cable via a router and
cable modem; however, when I fire up my laptop which connects wirelessly the
PC no longer has access to the Internet?

Why is this happening, and how can I fix it? Is it possible to have a
network with one computer connected via cables and the other wirelessly? I
haven't formally set up a network.

Thanks for any advice!
Toby

In article <7E33740F-90B8-4030-BEA3-E27039353904@microsoft.com>,
"Toby" <Toby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I have a PC at home connected to the Internet using a cable via a router and
>cable modem; however, when I fire up my laptop which connects wirelessly the
>PC no longer has access to the Internet?
>
>Why is this happening, and how can I fix it? Is it possible to have a
>network with one computer connected via cables and the other wirelessly? I
>haven't formally set up a network.
>
>Thanks for any advice!
>Toby

Firing up the laptop should have no effect on the PC. They should be
able to access the Internet simultaneously and independently.

Here are some tests to help find the problem:

1. With the laptop turned off, right-click the PC's wired network
connection, click Status | Support | Details, and write down the
values that it shows for IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and
DNS Server.

2. With the laptop turned off, open a command prompt on the PC (Start