ECS 848P-A motherboard & Pent 4 - 2.4MHz upgrade - NO BEEP..

I am not getting any beep from a system that I am putting together as an
upgrade for my son's PC.

I am using an ECS 848P-A motherboard & Pent 4 - 2.4MHz upgrade - It is not
booting or 'beeping"!!!!

Iam trying to upgrade my son's system to a 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 CPU, I
am upgrading the motherboard also - to an ECS 848P-A motherboard. I am using
a 300 watt power-supply and a 512 MB 3200 DDR RAM from Patriot . I have
tried with both an AGP4 and a PCI Graphics card - but I don't get any beep.

What could be wrong? How do I move ahead. I have tried different things all
with no success.

I have already built/upgraded many PCs - primarily AMD based PCs.

Thanks for any help resolving this!!!

Ted M.

I'm having the EXACT same issue. Same board, same chip, Kingston 512
DDR, and an AGP graphics card. It begins to power up, the fans,
keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc, all get power, then after one second,
its powers down. No beeps. No nothing. Please help us.

Cheers,
CB

"TMgo" <tedm@starstream.net> wrote in message news:<41906494$1_1@127.0.0.1>...
> I am not getting any beep from a system that I am putting together as an
> upgrade for my son's PC.
>
> I am using an ECS 848P-A motherboard & Pent 4 - 2.4MHz upgrade - It is not
> booting or 'beeping"!!!!
>
> Iam trying to upgrade my son's system to a 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 CPU, I
> am upgrading the motherboard also - to an ECS 848P-A motherboard. I am using
> a 300 watt power-supply and a 512 MB 3200 DDR RAM from Patriot . I have
> tried with both an AGP4 and a PCI Graphics card - but I don't get any beep.
>
> What could be wrong? How do I move ahead. I have tried different things all
> with no success.
>
> I have already built/upgraded many PCs - primarily AMD based PCs.
>

> Thanks for any help resolving this!!!
>
> Ted M.

> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

jad

ECS = CMOS reset has often as needed.

News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>100,000 Newsgroups
> ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
=---