strange lines on icons

sleepyhead

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005

I have strange vertical lines showing up on my icons and on tool bars. On the
tool bars it looks like bar codes. I rebooted and ran virus scan several
times. It is on a small netwirk but no other computers are having trouble.
Anyone know what this might be?

It is quite possible that the icon cache has become corrupted.

The Win Me icon cache is the file ShellIconCache (no extension) in your
windows folder. You can safely delete this file and reboot and it will be
rebuilt. I would also suggest that you increase the number of icons that
can be cached. The easiest way to do this is to download the registry
patch IconCacheFix from http://www.aumha.org/reg1.htm and merge it with
your registry.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP