Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Question about video card and directx, TIA

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Graphics Cards
  • Directx
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2004 8:39:28 AM

Greetings.

If a PCI video card states on the box that it is directx 8 compatible
and I install directx 9, will it cause any problems, like video
corruption, etc.?

Thank you.

--
Take care.

roadster3043

ICQ 154116780
Yahoo intuxicated
MSN jmfix at hotmail dot com
AIM roadster3043

More about : question video card directx tia

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2004 9:02:22 AM

roadster3043 <pls.see.addr@my.sig> wrote:

>If a PCI video card states on the box that it is directx 8
compatible
>and I install directx 9, will it cause any problems, like
video
>corruption, etc.?

No. At the moment, I have two video
cards installed running two monitors. One is a GeForce 3
and the other
is an generic TNT 2 card which is definitely not DirectX 9
compatible.
My version of DirectX is 9.0c.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
November 10, 2004 10:21:54 AM

John Doe <jdoe@usenet.is.the.real.thing> wrote in

> No. At the moment, I have two video
> cards installed running two monitors. One is a GeForce 3
> and the other
> is an generic TNT 2 card which is definitely not DirectX 9
> compatible.
> My version of DirectX is 9.0c.

Thanks John.

--
Take care.

roadster3043

ICQ 154116780
Yahoo intuxicated
MSN jmfix at hotmail dot com
AIM roadster3043
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2004 3:06:19 AM

It means that the card is NOT DX9 capable. It is only DX8 capable.

--
DaveW

"roadster3043" <pls.see.addr@my.sig> wrote in message
> Greetings.
>
> If a PCI video card states on the box that it is directx 8 compatible
> and I install directx 9, will it cause any problems, like video
> corruption, etc.?
>
> Thank you.
>

> --
> Take care.
>
> roadster3043
>
> ICQ 154116780
> Yahoo intuxicated
> MSN jmfix at hotmail dot com
> AIM roadster3043

November 11, 2004 3:06:20 AM

correct! CAPABLE is the word not COMPATIBLE. Almost all video
cards are DX compatible.

> It means that the card is NOT DX9 capable. It is only DX8 capable.
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "roadster3043" <pls.see.addr@my.sig> wrote in message
> > Greetings.
> >
> > If a PCI video card states on the box that it is directx 8
compatible
> > and I install directx 9, will it cause any problems, like video
> > corruption, etc.?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> > --
> > Take care.
> >
> > roadster3043
> >
> > ICQ 154116780
> > Yahoo intuxicated
> > MSN jmfix at hotmail dot com
> > AIM roadster3043

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2004 3:38:17 AM

DaveW wrote:

> It means that the card is NOT DX9 capable. It is only DX8 capable.

He already knew that and it wasn't the question.