Question about video card and directx, TIA

Greetings.

If a PCI video card states on the box that it is directx 8 compatible
and I install directx 9, will it cause any problems, like video
corruption, etc.?

Thank you.

--
Take care.

roadster3043

ICQ 154116780
Yahoo intuxicated
MSN jmfix at hotmail dot com
AIM roadster3043
5 answers Last reply
More about question video card directx

    roadster3043 <pls.see.addr@my.sig> wrote:

    >If a PCI video card states on the box that it is directx 8
    compatible
    >and I install directx 9, will it cause any problems, like
    video
    >corruption, etc.?

    No. At the moment, I have two video
    cards installed running two monitors. One is a GeForce 3
    and the other
    is an generic TNT 2 card which is definitely not DirectX 9
    compatible.
    My version of DirectX is 9.0c.

    John Doe <jdoe@usenet.is.the.real.thing> wrote in

    > No. At the moment, I have two video
    > cards installed running two monitors. One is a GeForce 3
    > and the other
    > is an generic TNT 2 card which is definitely not DirectX 9
    > compatible.
    > My version of DirectX is 9.0c.

    Thanks John.

    --
    Take care.

    roadster3043

    ICQ 154116780
    Yahoo intuxicated
    MSN jmfix at hotmail dot com
    AIM roadster3043

    It means that the card is NOT DX9 capable. It is only DX8 capable.

    --
    DaveW

    "roadster3043" <pls.see.addr@my.sig> wrote in message
    > Greetings.
    >
    > If a PCI video card states on the box that it is directx 8 compatible
    > and I install directx 9, will it cause any problems, like video
    > corruption, etc.?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >

    > --
    > Take care.
    >
    > roadster3043
    >
    > ICQ 154116780
    > Yahoo intuxicated
    > MSN jmfix at hotmail dot com
    > AIM roadster3043

    correct! CAPABLE is the word not COMPATIBLE. Almost all video
    cards are DX compatible.

    DaveW wrote:

    > It means that the card is NOT DX9 capable. It is only DX8 capable.

    He already knew that and it wasn't the question.

Homebuilt Graphics Cards Directx Systems