Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Unable to burn CD's

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 1:22:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

I have ME and am unable to burn CD's from my MP 7. The
following message - 'Adaptec Easy CD Creator Plugin'
states - 'No CD Recording Device Detected'. Microsoft
MP7 Release also states - 'If tou are running Adaptec
programs and you install Adaptec Plugin as part of your
WMP install, direct CD will no longer work'. I have
Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.0. Can anyone tell me how to
fix this or alternatively, if I upgraded to WMP 9 or 10
would this enable me to burn Cd's direct from my Playlist
still using Adaptec with ME: and would all my music in the
Library remain unaffected? Thanks..

More about : unable burn

February 2, 2005 4:33:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Why would you not use the Adaptec Easy CD Creator to burn your discs??

I upgraded (via eBay....good prices) to Roxio 6 and I have no problem using
it. Didn't really have a problem with Adaptec 4 either.

WMP 7 is a whole other story........and I never use it. Are you trying to
burn the CD as songs or as backup data. Songs can be done that way and you
can remove them from your hard drive then.

OH.....do NOT upgrade to WMP 9 or 10.....then you will really have a
problem. Those versions do not like WinME.

Please post back and let us know why you can't use EZCD Adaptec 4 to do the
burning.

Cheers.....the mp3 Queen
"Josie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:07c201c50954$316e9240$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> I have ME and am unable to burn CD's from my MP 7. The
> following message - 'Adaptec Easy CD Creator Plugin'
> states - 'No CD Recording Device Detected'. Microsoft
> MP7 Release also states - 'If tou are running Adaptec
> programs and you install Adaptec Plugin as part of your
> WMP install, direct CD will no longer work'. I have
> Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.0. Can anyone tell me how to
> fix this or alternatively, if I upgraded to WMP 9 or 10
> would this enable me to burn Cd's direct from my Playlist
> still using Adaptec with ME: and would all my music in the
> Library remain unaffected? Thanks..
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 5:59:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

"Heather" <figgs@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
news:%23Td1jWVCFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Why would you not use the Adaptec Easy CD Creator to burn your discs??
>
> I upgraded (via eBay....good prices) to Roxio 6 and I have no problem
using
> it. Didn't really have a problem with Adaptec 4 either.
>
> WMP 7 is a whole other story........and I never use it. Are you trying to
> burn the CD as songs or as backup data. Songs can be done that way and
you
> can remove them from your hard drive then.
>
> OH.....do NOT upgrade to WMP 9 or 10.....then you will really have a
> problem. Those versions do not like WinME.
>
> Please post back and let us know why you can't use EZCD Adaptec 4 to do
the
> burning.
>
> Right on, Heather.
> I have the Adaptec Installation CD and every time I
> start from scratch, I use it with no problems.
> But that may be because my CD-ROM Drive is
> compatible. There are restrictions in the use of
> Adaptec, I believe. Josie will have to pay attention
> during the install.
> If she needs details, please, post back.
>
> Harry. <
>
> Cheers.....the mp3 Queen
> "Josie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:07c201c50954$316e9240$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> > I have ME and am unable to burn CD's from my MP 7. The
> > following message - 'Adaptec Easy CD Creator Plugin'
> > states - 'No CD Recording Device Detected'. Microsoft
> > MP7 Release also states - 'If tou are running Adaptec
> > programs and you install Adaptec Plugin as part of your
> > WMP install, direct CD will no longer work'. I have
> > Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.0. Can anyone tell me how to
> > fix this or alternatively, if I upgraded to WMP 9 or 10
> > would this enable me to burn Cd's direct from my Playlist
> > still using Adaptec with ME: and would all my music in the
> > Library remain unaffected? Thanks..
>
>
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 12:31:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Begin by examining Device Manager to confirm that a CD-RW drive exists and
is working properly.
If any problems, reboot to Safe Mode, remove all CD devices, and reboot to
Normal Mode to let Windows reinstall the device drivers.
Reexamine Device Manager for the drives and for the IDE controller.

If no CD drives are detected, open the case and replug both / all CD cables.
Check jumper settings.
--
Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
news:uWhY1FWCFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>
> "Heather" <figgs@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> news:%23Td1jWVCFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > Why would you not use the Adaptec Easy CD Creator to burn your discs??
> >
> > I upgraded (via eBay....good prices) to Roxio 6 and I have no problem
> using
> > it. Didn't really have a problem with Adaptec 4 either.
> >
> > WMP 7 is a whole other story........and I never use it. Are you trying
to
> > burn the CD as songs or as backup data. Songs can be done that way and
> you
> > can remove them from your hard drive then.
> >
> > OH.....do NOT upgrade to WMP 9 or 10.....then you will really have a
> > problem. Those versions do not like WinME.
> >
> > Please post back and let us know why you can't use EZCD Adaptec 4 to do
> the
> > burning.
> >
> > Right on, Heather.
> > I have the Adaptec Installation CD and every time I
> > start from scratch, I use it with no problems.
> > But that may be because my CD-ROM Drive is
> > compatible. There are restrictions in the use of
> > Adaptec, I believe. Josie will have to pay attention
> > during the install.
> > If she needs details, please, post back.
> >
> > Harry. <
> >
> > Cheers.....the mp3 Queen
> > "Josie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:07c201c50954$316e9240$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> > > I have ME and am unable to burn CD's from my MP 7. The
> > > following message - 'Adaptec Easy CD Creator Plugin'
> > > states - 'No CD Recording Device Detected'. Microsoft
> > > MP7 Release also states - 'If tou are running Adaptec
> > > programs and you install Adaptec Plugin as part of your
> > > WMP install, direct CD will no longer work'. I have
> > > Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.0. Can anyone tell me how to
> > > fix this or alternatively, if I upgraded to WMP 9 or 10
> > > would this enable me to burn Cd's direct from my Playlist
> > > still using Adaptec with ME: and would all my music in the
> > > Library remain unaffected? Thanks..
> >
> >
>
>
!