Having shutdown problems

Hi group! When I shutdown the computer, it shuts down like it is supposed to.
When I boot it back up, sometimes a blue screen comes up saying that the
system is busy and waiting for the close dialog box to display which it never
does. When this happens, I can not reboot with ctrl/alt/del, I have to
manually turn the computer off and on with the power button on the pc. Then
when it reboots, it automatically goes into scan disc.
Does anyone know of a fix for this? If so, please let me know. I'd
appreciate it!
--
Ron M
2 answers Last reply

    http://aumha.org/a/shtdwnme.php

    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "rlm44" <rlm44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi group! When I shutdown the computer, it shuts down like it is supposed
    to.
    > When I boot it back up, sometimes a blue screen comes up saying that the
    > system is busy and waiting for the close dialog box to display which it
    never
    > does. When this happens, I can not reboot with ctrl/alt/del, I have to
    > manually turn the computer off and on with the power button on the pc.
    Then
    > when it reboots, it automatically goes into scan disc.
    > Does anyone know of a fix for this? If so, please let me know. I'd
    > appreciate it!
    > --
    > Ron M

    Thanks Jack Martinelli! I went to aumha.org and found the solution. All I had
    to do was to add a windows exit sound. It seems to be shutting down and
    booting back up ok. Thanks--Ron M

    "Jack E Martinelli" wrote:

    > http://aumha.org/a/shtdwnme.php

    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ------
    > "rlm44" <rlm44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi group! When I shutdown the computer, it shuts down like it is supposed
    > to.
    > > When I boot it back up, sometimes a blue screen comes up saying that the
    > > system is busy and waiting for the close dialog box to display which it
    > never
    > > does. When this happens, I can not reboot with ctrl/alt/del, I have to
    > > manually turn the computer off and on with the power button on the pc.
    > Then
    > > when it reboots, it automatically goes into scan disc.
    > > Does anyone know of a fix for this? If so, please let me know. I'd
    > > appreciate it!
    > > --
    > > Ron M

Computers Shutdown Windows