Having shutdown problems

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 4, 2005 8:25:03 PM

Hi group! When I shutdown the computer, it shuts down like it is supposed to.
When I boot it back up, sometimes a blue screen comes up saying that the
system is busy and waiting for the close dialog box to display which it never
does. When this happens, I can not reboot with ctrl/alt/del, I have to
manually turn the computer off and on with the power button on the pc. Then
when it reboots, it automatically goes into scan disc.
Does anyone know of a fix for this? If so, please let me know. I'd
appreciate it!
--
Ron M

More about : shutdown problems

Anonymous
February 5, 2005 12:45:24 AM

http://aumha.org/a/shtdwnme.php

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"rlm44" <rlm44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi group! When I shutdown the computer, it shuts down like it is supposed
to.
> When I boot it back up, sometimes a blue screen comes up saying that the
> system is busy and waiting for the close dialog box to display which it
never
> does. When this happens, I can not reboot with ctrl/alt/del, I have to
> manually turn the computer off and on with the power button on the pc.
Then
> when it reboots, it automatically goes into scan disc.
> Does anyone know of a fix for this? If so, please let me know. I'd
> appreciate it!
> --
> Ron M
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 12:45:25 AM

Thanks Jack Martinelli! I went to aumha.org and found the solution. All I had
to do was to add a windows exit sound. It seems to be shutting down and
booting back up ok. Thanks--Ron M

!