Gigabyte Motherboards

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

I'm in the same boat as many others when it comes to building my new pc.
It's hard to find *exactly* what one wants.

Looking at MB's, mostly Asus and Abit. Is Gigabyte also a good reliable mb?

thanks, Mr Koko
7 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte motherboards
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    Mr Koko wrote:

    > I'm in the same boat as many others when it comes to building my new pc.
    > It's hard to find *exactly* what one wants.
    >
    > Looking at MB's, mostly Asus and Abit. Is Gigabyte also a good reliable
    > mb?

    Well, generally, yes. I have the infamous GA-8IRXP, which promised 1.85
    volts for overclocking, but instability limited overclocking the voltage to
    1.75, which was what all the other similar boards offered. Some people were
    enraged on how Gigabyte handled it. But that was 2-1/2 years ago. I've been
    pretty happy with my board. I've upgraded the CPU from a 2.0A Northwood to
    a 2.6A, and It's plenty fast since the CPU upgrade. It's never been
    anything but stable. I'd buy another Gigabyte board in a heartbeat,
    expecially their highend stuff with the Dual Stage Power addon.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    Lots of folks enjoy them. I've been building for about 10 years and have
    used Asus, Abit, Biostar, ECS (bah-humbug), Gigabyte. I've built 2 Gigabyte
    boards and both are very stable. However, my current very reliable favorite
    for the past year is MSI. They seem to make very decent boards at good
    prices and have well written manuals.
    Newegg likes to do online polls and I noted when they ran one for their
    users favorite motherboard about three months ago that MSI was a winner
    hands down. It's not that I agree with them it's probably that they came to
    the same conclusion as myself.

    --
    Jan Alter
    bearpuf@verizon.net
    or
    jalter@phila.k12.pa.us
    "Mr Koko" <mrkoko@comcast.FISHnet> wrote in message
    news:G-adnUnWj9g-CQrcRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
    > I'm in the same boat as many others when it comes to building my new pc.
    > It's hard to find *exactly* what one wants.
    >
    > Looking at MB's, mostly Asus and Abit. Is Gigabyte also a good reliable
    > mb?
    >
    > thanks, Mr Koko
    >
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    Jan Alter wrote:

    > Lots of folks enjoy them. I've been building for about 10 years and have
    > used Asus, Abit, Biostar, ECS (bah-humbug), Gigabyte. I've built 2
    > Gigabyte boards and both are very stable. However, my current very
    > reliable favorite for the past year is MSI. They seem to make very decent
    > boards at good
    > prices and have well written manuals.

    I disagree with the manuals thing. I hate MSI manuals. No one does an
    admirable job with their manuals, but my Gigabyte manual for my GA-8IRXP is
    better than most.

    > Newegg likes to do online polls and I noted when they ran one for
    > their
    > users favorite motherboard about three months ago that MSI was a winner
    > hands down. It's not that I agree with them it's probably that they came
    > to the same conclusion as myself.

    I think that MSI is hands down the overclocking+features winner right now.
    Abit may be overclockers dreams, but MSI gives lots of extras and good
    overclocking.

    My favorite 3 mobo brands are Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    Ruel Smith <NoWay@NoWhere.com> wrote:
    >Jan Alter wrote:

    >> Lots of folks enjoy them. I've been building for about 10 years and
    >> have used Asus, Abit, Biostar, ECS (bah-humbug), Gigabyte. I've built
    >> 2 Gigabyte boards and both are very stable. However, my current very
    >> reliable favorite for the past year is MSI. They seem to make very
    >> decent boards at good prices and have well written manuals.
    >
    >I disagree with the manuals thing. I hate MSI manuals.

    What do you not like about MicroStar International manuals?

    >No one does an
    >admirable job with their manuals, but my Gigabyte manual for my
    >GA-8IRXP is better than most.

    Seems to me MSI writers understand English grammar, and
    they have lots of pretty pictures.

    I like their online update feature FWIW. And they are cheap.

    >> Newegg likes to do online polls and I noted when they ran one for
    >> their users favorite motherboard about three months ago that MSI was
    >> a winner hands down. It's not that I agree with them it's probably
    >> that they came to the same conclusion as myself.
    >
    >I think that MSI is hands down the overclocking+features winner right
    >now. Abit may be overclockers dreams, but MSI gives lots of extras and
    >good overclocking.

    Overclocking and lots of juicy buzzwords. I figure if they can stand the
    kid test, they must be pretty good.

    >My favorite 3 mobo brands are Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte.

    Thanks for the recommendations. Things change, I'm not loyal to any maker.

    Have fun.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    Thanks All, Just ordered a Gigabye GA 8 IPE 1000 G.

    Mr Koko
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    Mr Koko wrote:
    > I'm in the same boat as many others when it comes to building my new pc.
    > It's hard to find *exactly* what one wants.
    >
    > Looking at MB's, mostly Asus and Abit. Is Gigabyte also a good reliable mb?
    >
    > thanks, Mr Koko
    >
    >

    I like mine, all three of them :-)

    --
    spammage trappage: replace fishies_ with yahoo

    I'm going to die rather sooner than I'd like. I tried to protect my
    neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
    of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
    people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
    volunteer to be a marrow donor:
    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:28:25 -0500, "Mr Koko" <mrkoko@comcast.FISHnet>
    wrote:

    >Thanks All, Just ordered a Gigabye GA 8 IPE 1000 G.
    >
    >Mr Koko
    >
    I have that board. You won't be disappointed based upon my
    experience.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gigabyte Motherboards Systems