Start menu glitch

We have an old Gateway PC that was upgraded to Windows ME a few years
ago. The machine has 384MB of RAM, and a P2 450Mhz Pentium processor.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that when browsing thru the Start menu
programs, the lists will open up lighting quick. Faster than they should
be. It makes it difficult to browse thru the various programs with the
mouse cursor. I suspect this glitch has something to do with the various
registry cleaning programs I use on the computer. Anyway, is there a way to
slow this down?
36 answers Last reply
More about start menu glitch

    HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\MenuShowDelay

    Try adding a value of 400 (the default speed in ms).

    Shane

    "Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\MenuShowDelay
    >
    > Try adding a value of 400 (the default speed in ms).
    >
    > Shane

    Thanks for the info. I applied that value, and the Start menu seems
    to have slowed down to normal speed.

    > Thanks for the info. I applied that value, and the Start menu
    > seems to have slowed down to normal speed.

    Previously the value was set at "0".

    So, you have an "old Gateway PII-450", huh?......now I really feel bad.
    Mine is a Gateway PII-400.
    Heirloom, old and wish I had one of those new
    fangled ones

    > "Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\MenuShowDelay
    >>
    >> Try adding a value of 400 (the default speed in ms).
    >>
    >> Shane
    >
    > Thanks for the info. I applied that value, and the Start menu
    > seems to have slowed down to normal speed.

    No problem, glad it's worked.

    Shane

    heirloom <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote:

    > So, you have an "old Gateway PII-450", huh?......now I really feel
    > bad. Mine is a Gateway PII-400.

    What am I bid for a Gateway GP6-333 with 128MB? That's a celeron not a
    PII. It's also now running XP Home rather than the original Win98. <g>
    --
    Mike

    Hah!!
    I have a no-name Celeron 333 here, which I'm robbing the mobo off to rebuild
    into my defunct G6-400!!

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > heirloom <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote:
    >
    >> So, you have an "old Gateway PII-450", huh?......now I really feel
    >> bad. Mine is a Gateway PII-400.
    >
    > What am I bid for a Gateway GP6-333 with 128MB? That's a celeron not a
    > PII. It's also now running XP Home rather than the original Win98. <g>
    > --
    > Mike

    And my old WinME machine, from Jan 1998, which my mother-in-law now uses for
    AOL, is a AMD K6-2 at 200 MHz, and 256 MB.
    IIRC, Noel, et. al., recently discussed running XP Home on this type of
    hardware, and slightly better.

    I'm about to migrate a friend's five year old Dell using a S.E.C.C.2 P III
    at 700 MHz. from Win98SE to XP Home after uping the memory from 128 to 640
    MB. I suspect it will be just fine for her word processing, e-mail, and
    internet shopping, while being far more robust and secure.

    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    > Hah!!
    > I have a no-name Celeron 333 here, which I'm robbing the mobo off to
    rebuild
    > into my defunct G6-400!!
    >

    > --
    > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >
    > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
    > > heirloom <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> So, you have an "old Gateway PII-450", huh?......now I really feel
    > >> bad. Mine is a Gateway PII-400.
    > >
    > > What am I bid for a Gateway GP6-333 with 128MB? That's a celeron not a
    > > PII. It's also now running XP Home rather than the original Win98. <g>
    > > --
    > > Mike

    I'd agree with that prognosis, Jack - so long as the hardware can support it
    (or vice-versa!)

    Certainly, I've seen a number of similar configurations (even with a lot
    less than 640MB RAM) that run very sweetly under XP - but make sure that SP2
    is supported before beginning the upgrade process (assuming you're going the
    'cheapskate's route' of using an eBay XP copy<g>) - and/or running the
    compatibility tester first!

    --

    > And my old WinME machine, from Jan 1998, which my mother-in-law now uses
    > for
    > AOL, is a AMD K6-2 at 200 MHz, and 256 MB.
    > IIRC, Noel, et. al., recently discussed running XP Home on this type of
    > hardware, and slightly better.
    >
    > I'm about to migrate a friend's five year old Dell using a S.E.C.C.2 P III
    > at 700 MHz. from Win98SE to XP Home after uping the memory from 128 to 640
    > MB. I suspect it will be just fine for her word processing, e-mail, and
    > internet shopping, while being far more robust and secure.

    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.

    I never use a warez copy, or work on any machine, for anyone, so installed.
    I don't have any problem with intellectual property rights, or the need by
    authors to make a living.

    I intend to run the Upgrade Advisor from the XP Pro SP2 retail upgrade CD
    first.
    Of course, it's a Dell machine, so who can predict what will be found.

    "Description of the Windows XP Upgrade Advisor"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307726

    You, and the rest here, will be among the first to know if anything is
    amiss!

    > I'd agree with that prognosis, Jack - so long as the hardware can support
    it
    > (or vice-versa!)
    >
    > Certainly, I've seen a number of similar configurations (even with a lot
    > less than 640MB RAM) that run very sweetly under XP - but make sure that
    SP2
    > is supported before beginning the upgrade process (assuming you're going
    the
    > 'cheapskate's route' of using an eBay XP copy<g>) - and/or running the
    > compatibility tester first!
    >
    > --
    > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >
    > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > > And my old WinME machine, from Jan 1998, which my mother-in-law now uses
    > > for
    > > AOL, is a AMD K6-2 at 200 MHz, and 256 MB.
    > > IIRC, Noel, et. al., recently discussed running XP Home on this type of
    > > hardware, and slightly better.
    > >
    > > I'm about to migrate a friend's five year old Dell using a S.E.C.C.2 P
    III
    > > at 700 MHz. from Win98SE to XP Home after uping the memory from 128 to
    640
    > > MB. I suspect it will be just fine for her word processing, e-mail, and
    > > internet shopping, while being far more robust and secure.
    > > --
    > > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    > > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    > >
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    > > Your cooperation is very appreciated.

    <g>
    I never meant to imply that you were likely to use warez - simply that
    shrink-wrapped copies of XP are available on eBay.

    --

    >I never use a warez copy, or work on any machine, for anyone, so installed.
    > I don't have any problem with intellectual property rights, or the need by
    > authors to make a living.
    >
    > I intend to run the Upgrade Advisor from the XP Pro SP2 retail upgrade CD
    > first.
    > Of course, it's a Dell machine, so who can predict what will be found.
    >
    > "Description of the Windows XP Upgrade Advisor"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307726
    >
    > You, and the rest here, will be among the first to know if anything is
    > amiss!

    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ------
    > "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    >> I'd agree with that prognosis, Jack - so long as the hardware can support
    > it
    >> (or vice-versa!)
    >>
    >> Certainly, I've seen a number of similar configurations (even with a lot
    >> less than 640MB RAM) that run very sweetly under XP - but make sure that
    > SP2
    >> is supported before beginning the upgrade process (assuming you're going
    > the
    >> 'cheapskate's route' of using an eBay XP copy<g>) - and/or running the
    >> compatibility tester first!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >>
    >> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    >> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
    >> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
    >>
    >> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
    >>
    >> "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    >> > And my old WinME machine, from Jan 1998, which my mother-in-law now
    >> > uses
    >> > for
    >> > AOL, is a AMD K6-2 at 200 MHz, and 256 MB.
    >> > IIRC, Noel, et. al., recently discussed running XP Home on this type
    >> > of
    >> > hardware, and slightly better.
    >> >
    >> > I'm about to migrate a friend's five year old Dell using a S.E.C.C.2 P
    > III
    >> > at 700 MHz. from Win98SE to XP Home after uping the memory from 128 to
    > 640
    >> > MB. I suspect it will be just fine for her word processing, e-mail,
    >> > and
    >> > internet shopping, while being far more robust and secure.
    >> > --
    >> > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    >> > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    >> >
    >> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    >> > Your cooperation is very appreciated.

    And Vulcan Bombers.

    Shane

    > <g>
    > I never meant to imply that you were likely to use warez - simply that
    > shrink-wrapped copies of XP are available on eBay.
    >

    > --
    > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >
    > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    >>I never use a warez copy, or work on any machine, for anyone, so
    >>installed.
    >> I don't have any problem with intellectual property rights, or the need
    >> by
    >> authors to make a living.
    >>
    >> I intend to run the Upgrade Advisor from the XP Pro SP2 retail upgrade CD
    >> first.
    >> Of course, it's a Dell machine, so who can predict what will be found.
    >>
    >> "Description of the Windows XP Upgrade Advisor"
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307726
    >>
    >> You, and the rest here, will be among the first to know if anything is
    >> amiss!
    >> --
    >> Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    >> Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    >> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    >> ------
    >> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    >>> I'd agree with that prognosis, Jack - so long as the hardware can
    >>> support
    >> it
    >>> (or vice-versa!)
    >>>
    >>> Certainly, I've seen a number of similar configurations (even with a lot
    >>> less than 640MB RAM) that run very sweetly under XP - but make sure that
    >> SP2
    >>> is supported before beginning the upgrade process (assuming you're going
    >> the
    >>> 'cheapskate's route' of using an eBay XP copy<g>) - and/or running the
    >>> compatibility tester first!
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >>>
    >>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    >>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
    >>>
    >>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to
    >>> NG's
    >>>
    >>> "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message

    >> III
    >> 640

    Shane <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > And Vulcan Bombers.

    As purchased, I seem to recall, by a Lancs pub landlord.
    [Memory could of course be playing up again.] <g>
    --
    Mike

    Mike M wrote:
    > Shane <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> And Vulcan Bombers.
    >

    > As purchased, I seem to recall, by a Lancs pub landlord. [Memory could
    > of course be playing up again.] <g>

    dang, I was waiting for the price to go down so I could put it in the
    backyard (hmmm... wonder if you could save shipping charges by having it
    towed)

    local doubletake-generator was a B26 on top of a company's H.O. ... but
    they sold the place and (one would hope) donated it to a museum.

    Rick

    > Shane <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> And Vulcan Bombers.
    >
    > As purchased, I seem to recall, by a Lancs pub landlord. [Memory could of
    > course be playing up again.] <g>
    > --

    That does ring a bell. And why not, the Vulcan was, iirc, stood open to the
    elements at Manchester Airport for a couple of decades and well-beyond
    airworthiness by all accounts.

    Remember when they were first being sold - along with the Lightnings? You
    could have either for £5,000. I'd just left school and started work, and
    thought about it until the practicalities of where to keep it and how to get
    it there intruded.

    £5,000, stripped of sensitive electronics and armaments, but otherwise
    airworthy and doubtless impeccably maintained!

    <really great big long drawn out sigh!>

    Shane

    Would that be a P38 Lightning?? Don't know how much 5K Pounds equates to
    in US Bucks, but, that seems like quite a deal for on that is airworthy.
    Heirloom, old and wants a B-24

    > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
    > > Shane <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> And Vulcan Bombers.
    > >
    > > As purchased, I seem to recall, by a Lancs pub landlord. [Memory could
    of
    > > course be playing up again.] <g>
    > > --
    >
    > That does ring a bell. And why not, the Vulcan was, iirc, stood open to
    the
    > elements at Manchester Airport for a couple of decades and well-beyond
    > airworthiness by all accounts.
    >
    > Remember when they were first being sold - along with the Lightnings? You
    > could have either for £5,000. I'd just left school and started work, and
    > thought about it until the practicalities of where to keep it and how to
    get
    > it there intruded.
    >
    > £5,000, stripped of sensitive electronics and armaments, but otherwise
    > airworthy and doubtless impeccably maintained!
    >
    > <really great big long drawn out sigh!>
    >

    > Shane

  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    > Mike M wrote:
    >> Shane <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> And Vulcan Bombers.
    >>

    >> As purchased, I seem to recall, by a Lancs pub landlord. [Memory could
    >> of course be playing up again.] <g>
    >
    > dang, I was waiting for the price to go down so I could put it in the
    > backyard (hmmm... wonder if you could save shipping charges by having it
    > towed)
    >
    > local doubletake-generator was a B26 on top of a company's H.O. ... but
    > they sold the place and (one would hope) donated it to a museum.

    See my reply to Mike, Rick.

    btw, I see the B2 Stealth referred to (on Discovery Wings) as a Black
    Bomber. But they certainly weren't made in Loughborough, though there was a
    tie-in with the WWII bomber crews.

    Shane
  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    ....There was also the sale a few weeks ago of a roll of toilet paper *NOT*
    used by the Beatles (apparently they considered it too harsh for their
    delicate bits). - I forget what it eventually went for, but it was
    considerably more than I would have been prepared for it - even if I'd had
    Bill Gates' credit card!
    http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1232562.html?menu=

    Ah - I see I was reliably misinformed......
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3866769181

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > Mike M wrote:
    >> Shane <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> And Vulcan Bombers.
    >>

    >> As purchased, I seem to recall, by a Lancs pub landlord. [Memory could
    >> of course be playing up again.] <g>
    >
    > dang, I was waiting for the price to go down so I could put it in the
    > backyard (hmmm... wonder if you could save shipping charges by having it
    > towed)
    >
    > local doubletake-generator was a B26 on top of a company's H.O. ... but
    > they sold the place and (one would hope) donated it to a museum.
    >

    > Rick
  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    > ...There was also the sale a few weeks ago of a roll of toilet paper *NOT*
    > used by the Beatles (apparently they considered it too harsh for their
    > delicate bits). - I forget what it eventually went for, but it was

    That just makes me want to jab a fork in someone's eye. Poss. the Little Man
    at the Off Licence's.

    > considerably more than I would have been prepared for it - even if I'd had
    > Bill Gates' credit card!

    I believe that's on there next week!

    Shane
  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    heirloom wrote:
    > Yup, Rick, I know. Had a nice 'walkaround' about a Mustang P-51D this past
    > weekend,

    dang... I'm not even sure I've even seen one for real outside of photos
    (possibly in the air at an airshow when I was younger).

    Owner let me ooh and ahh at his T28 up close last time I was south of
    the border and getting an airfix (itty-bitty Katana and some yahoo in a
    Sukhoi(I think) kept buzzing me) ... not a small aircraft, that one.

    Guess I'll just have to settle for front seat up in a Tiger Moth at one
    of the local airports :)

    > also, an F-4C Phantom. A friend of mine that I ride with is
    > helping restore the Phantom (all the armament has been removed, of course).
    > It is being restored for "show" only. The Confederate Air Force has a
    > hangar a few miles from here, lots of vintage aircraft there.......got a
    > Jap Zero and a Thunderbolt, too.

    That's another one on my must-see-to-believe list(P-47)

    > Heirloom, old and maybe when I hit the lotto
    >
    > ....if I do, I'll get you that Mosquito, Rick. :-)

    The last flying one's more near you than me; good luck getting Kermit to
    part with it... I *would* settle for materials and plans and tools to
    build another one though :)

    Rick
  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Heirloom,

    In the late-40's the RAF wanted an interceptor that could go supersonic in
    level flight. The English Electric Lightning went into service in 1960 and
    exceeded Mach 2. It was the E-type Jag of jet fighters. It was astonishingly
    fast, 60,000ft ceiling, handled like a British sports car. The first pilots
    to convert to them would desperately try to get the nose up to avoid going
    supersonic on takeoff. There's a tale - possibly apocryphal, but told by the
    original pilots - of a French test pilot come to try the new jet during the
    early drive for export orders. They told him not to use reheat on take-off,
    but he did anyway and hit 30,000 ft before he got the undercarriage up! The
    Lightning's air show party piece was to take off and, while barely off the
    runway, stand on it's tail and shoot vertically into the clouds! Man what a
    sound those two Rolls Royce engines made!

    http://www.raf.mod.uk/downloads/gallery/zombie1024.jpg

    Shane

    "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > Would that be a P38 Lightning?? Don't know how much 5K Pounds equates
    > in US Bucks, but, that seems like quite a deal for on that is airworthy.
    > Heirloom, old and wants a B-24
    >
    > "Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message

    >> > As purchased, I seem to recall, by a Lancs pub landlord. [Memory could
    > of
    >> > course be playing up again.] <g>
    >> > --
    >>
    >> That does ring a bell. And why not, the Vulcan was, iirc, stood open to
    > the
    >> elements at Manchester Airport for a couple of decades and well-beyond
    >> airworthiness by all accounts.
    >>
    >> Remember when they were first being sold - along with the Lightnings? You
    >> could have either for £5,000. I'd just left school and started work, and
    >> thought about it until the practicalities of where to keep it and how to
    > get
    >> it there intruded.
    >>
    >> £5,000, stripped of sensitive electronics and armaments, but otherwise
    >> airworthy and doubtless impeccably maintained!
    >>
    >> <really great big long drawn out sigh!>
    >>

    >> Shane

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Another link: http://www.capetownjets.com/electric.html

    That 5 grand was basically the scrap valve. This is arovnd abovt 1980
    (althovgh both planes lasted a few more years in service). Still it was a
    fair deal and I wonder if yov're familiar with the Vvlcan Bomber, as I think
    yov might think that was a fairly ovtrageovs price. The Vvlcan is
    reminiscent of Concorde, being delta winged and with fovr great Bristol
    Olympvs engines. Not as sleek and (becavse) not svpersonic, it was intended
    to fly to the Soviet Union and drop atomic bombs! One did drop conventional
    bombs on the rvnway at Port Stanley in '83. It was bvilt by Avro, who also
    bvilt the Lancaster.

    The Vvlcan, with Blve Steel atomic bomb beneath:
    http://www.raf.mod.vk/downloads/gallery/617vvlcanb21024.jpg

    Shane

    "Shane" <arthvrsixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Heirloom,
    >
    > In the late-40's the RAF wanted an interceptor that covld go svpersonic in
    > level flight. The English Electric Lightning went into service in 1960 and
    > exceeded Mach 2. It was the E-type Jag of jet fighters. It was
    > astonishingly fast, 60,000ft ceiling, handled like a British sports car.
    > The first pilots to convert to them wovld desperately try to get the nose
    > vp to avoid going svpersonic on takeoff. There's a tale - possibly
    > apocryphal, bvt told by the original pilots - of a French test pilot come
    > to try the new jet dvring the early drive for export orders. They told him
    > not to vse reheat on take-off, bvt he did anyway and hit 30,000 ft before
    > he got the vndercarriage vp! The Lightning's air show party piece was to
    > take off and, while barely off the rvnway, stand on it's tail and shoot
    > vertically into the clovds! Man what a sovnd those two Rolls Royce engines
    > made!
    >
    > http://www.raf.mod.vk/downloads/gallery/zombie1024.jpg
    >

    > Shane
    >

    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    >> Wovld that be a P38 Lightning?? Don't know how mvch 5K Povnds eqvates
    >> in US Bvcks, bvt, that seems like qvite a deal for on that is airworthy.
    >> Heirloom, old and wants a B-24
    >>
    >> "Shane" <arthvrsixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message

    >> of
    >>>
    >>> That does ring a bell. And why not, the Vvlcan was, iirc, stood open to
    >> the
    >>> elements at Manchester Airport for a covple of decades and well-beyond
    >>> airworthiness by all accovnts.
    >>>
    >>> Remember when they were first being sold - along with the Lightnings?
    >>> Yov
    >>> covld have either for £5,000. I'd jvst left school and started work, and
    >>> thovght abovt it vntil the practicalities of where to keep it and how to
    >> get
    >>> it there intrvded.
    >>>
    >>> £5,000, stripped of sensitive electronics and armaments, bvt otherwise
    >>> airworthy and dovbtless impeccably maintained!
    >>>
    >>> <really great big long drawn ovt sigh!>
    >>>

    >>> Shane

  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Thanks Shane! Those are just too cool.....I love aircraft of all types.
    The Vulcan pic with the "bomb"......it actually looks like an X-15 on the
    belly, not unlike the way the B-52's took them up for launch. I was totally
    unfamiliar with the Lightning...the only one I knew of was the
    P-38.....quite a performer in its' own right, for it's time.
    Of course, it wouldn't hold a candle to the "Electric." That was a good pic
    of it shadowing the Bear.
    Heirloom, old and flown in a few warbirds myself

    > Another link: http://www.capetownjets.com/electric.html

  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    heheh

    Yours Truly,

    Walter 'Rick' Mitty
    (mostly)
  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Not quite. <g> See http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/lightning/
    There were however P1, P1A and P1B variants of the EE Lightning which were
    the original prototypes.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    heirloom <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote:

    > Would that be a P38 Lightning?? Don't know how much 5K Pounds
    > equates to in US Bucks, but, that seems like quite a deal for on that
    > is airworthy. Heirloom, old and wants a
    > B-24
  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Or how about this, which stunned me (not least because I didn't know about
    the CAA thing!): http://www.lightningusa.org/

    Shane

    > Not quite. <g> See http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/lightning/
    > There were however P1, P1A and P1B variants of the EE Lightning which were
    > the original prototypes.
    > --
    > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > heirloom <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Would that be a P38 Lightning?? Don't know how much 5K Pounds
    >> equates to in US Bucks, but, that seems like quite a deal for on that
    >> is airworthy. Heirloom, old and wants a
    >> B-24

  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    > Heirloom, old and flown in a few warbirds
    > myself

    I envy you that! I've seen stuff about the P38's on Discovery, and there's a
    Mustang at the RAF Museum about a mile down the road (beautiful-looking
    plane, but unfortunately static!).

    Here the CAA won't allow restored aircraft to fly. (there's a lot of
    officialdom in this country I'd string up if I was in charge! I don't see
    the point in having a *Traitor's Gate* if they get to keep their
    heads.......)

    Shane
  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Shane wrote:
    >> Heirloom, old and flown in a few warbirds
    >>myself
    >

    > I envy you that! I've seen stuff about the P38's on Discovery, and there's a
    > Mustang at the RAF Museum about a mile down the road (beautiful-looking
    > plane, but unfortunately static!).

    World's most beautiful aircraft bar none. Too bad about the 'static' thing.

    > Here the CAA won't allow restored aircraft to fly.

    I think they're allowed over here under an 'Experimental' rating... same
    category as homebuilts.

    > (there's a lot of
    > officialdom in this country I'd string up if I was in charge! I don't see
    > the point in having a *Traitor's Gate* if they get to keep their
    > heads.......)

    Which is a good plan and all, but everybody's on somebody else's 'on a
    pike' list.
  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    I'm only one state away from Mississippi!!!!.......may have to jump on the
    bike and run over there to see that!
    Heirloom, old and any excuse for a ride

    > Or how about this, which stunned me (not least because I didn't know about
    > the CAA thing!): http://www.lightningusa.org/
    >

    > Shane
    >

    > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
    > > Not quite. <g> See http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/lightning/
    > > There were however P1, P1A and P1B variants of the EE Lightning which
    were
    > > the original prototypes.
    > > --
    > > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    > >

    > > heirloom <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Would that be a P38 Lightning?? Don't know how much 5K Pounds
    > >> equates to in US Bucks, but, that seems like quite a deal for on that
    > >> is airworthy. Heirloom, old and wants a
    > >> B-24

  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    If you do, 'Loom, let us know how it's going!

    And have a good ride!

    > I'm only one state away from Mississippi!!!!.......may have to jump on the
    > bike and run over there to see that!
    > Heirloom, old and any excuse for a ride
    >

    > "Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Or how about this, which stunned me (not least because I didn't know
    about
    > > the CAA thing!): http://www.lightningusa.org/
    > >

    > > Shane
    > >

    > > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
    > > > Not quite. <g> See http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/lightning/
    > > > There were however P1, P1A and P1B variants of the EE Lightning which
    > were
    > > > the original prototypes.
    > > > --
    > > > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > > > mike.maltby@gmail.com

  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Calculate the estimated round trip bike time and talk to me, heirloom.
    Intrigueing!
    No "Easy Rider" side trips, though.

    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > I'm only one state away from Mississippi!!!!.......may have to jump on the
    > bike and run over there to see that!
    > Heirloom, old and any excuse for a ride
    >

    > "Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Or how about this, which stunned me (not least because I didn't know
    about
    > > the CAA thing!): http://www.lightningusa.org/
    > >

    > > Shane
    > >

    > > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
    > > > Not quite. <g> See http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/lightning/
    > > > There were however P1, P1A and P1B variants of the EE Lightning which
    > were
    > > > the original prototypes.
    > > > --
    > > > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > > > mike.maltby@gmail.com

  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    472 miles from my house to the airport. Half the trip would be along the
    La. and Ms. coastline. It would be a long day's run.......not a day trip.
    Heirloom, old and will wait for dependable
    weather

    > Calculate the estimated round trip bike time and talk to me, heirloom.
    > Intrigueing!
    > No "Easy Rider" side trips, though.

    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ------
    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm only one state away from Mississippi!!!!.......may have to jump on
    the
    > > bike and run over there to see that!
    > > Heirloom, old and any excuse for a ride
    > >

    > > "Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Or how about this, which stunned me (not least because I didn't know
    > about
    > > > the CAA thing!): http://www.lightningusa.org/
    > > >

    > > > Shane
    > > >

    > > > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
    http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/lightning/
    > > were

  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Not a trip for for February, eh, at least on a bike?

    > 472 miles from my house to the airport. Half the trip would be along the
    > La. and Ms. coastline. It would be a long day's run.......not a day trip.
    > Heirloom, old and will wait for dependable
    weather

    > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > > Calculate the estimated round trip bike time and talk to me, heirloom.
    > > Intrigueing!
    > > No "Easy Rider" side trips, though.
    > > --
    > > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    > > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    > >
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    > > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > > ------
    > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > > I'm only one state away from Mississippi!!!!.......may have to jump on
    > the bike and run over there to see that!
    > > > Heirloom, old and any excuse for a ride
    > > >

    > > > "Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > about the CAA thing!): http://www.lightningusa.org/

    > http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/lightning/
    > which were the original prototypes.

    >> Heirloom, old and wants a B-24

  34. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Hey, Rick!

    http://www.airliners.net/open.file/478762/L/

    Shane

    > Shane wrote:
    > >> Heirloom, old and flown in a few warbirds
    > >>myself
    > >

    > > I envy you that! I've seen stuff about the P38's on Discovery, and
    there's a
    > > Mustang at the RAF Museum about a mile down the road (beautiful-looking
    > > plane, but unfortunately static!).
    >
    > World's most beautiful aircraft bar none. Too bad about the 'static'
    thing.

    > > Here the CAA won't allow restored aircraft to fly.
    >
    > I think they're allowed over here under an 'Experimental' rating... same
    > category as homebuilts.
    >
    > > (there's a lot of
    > > officialdom in this country I'd string up if I was in charge! I don't
    see
    > > the point in having a *Traitor's Gate* if they get to keep their
    > > heads.......)
    >
    > Which is a good plan and all, but everybody's on somebody else's 'on a
    > pike' list.

  35. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Shane wrote:
    > Hey, Rick!

    which one? the
    harrier
    bleriot something (pre ww1 far side of the mossie)
    messerschmitt 109
    umm..*not* a zero
    hawker something (biplane on the ceiling)
    fokker d7
    another luftwaffe something (under the mossie to the left)
    plastic typhoon II

    Nice ducky ;)

    Nice mossie too... uhh...non-photogenic angle
    ("do these engines make me look fat?")
    .... wonder if you could stick a set of floats on one of those things.

    pl
  36. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    > umm..*not* a zero

    It's a Kawasaki Ki100

    > hawker something (biplane on the ceiling)

    Hart. There's also a Tempest there.

    > fokker d7
    > another luftwaffe something (under the mossie to the left)

    Me262.

    > plastic typhoon II

    They hope to get a real one sometime, I guess a prototype though.

    Shane

Start Menu Windows