unable to burn Cds

Adaptec easy cd creator 4 will not allow me to burn Cd's.
It just stops and says - No cd recording device detected.
and I cant get past that point.
6 answers Last reply
More about unable burn

    Had EasyCD 4 ever worked with your present setup? Is it possible that the
    CD writer you are using is more modern than the somewhat elderly EZCD4 you
    are using and therefore unsupported? If this recorder did previously work
    with EZCD4 on the PC you are using what changes have you made to the
    system since it last worked?
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    josie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Adaptec easy cd creator 4 will not allow me to burn Cd's.
    > It just stops and says - No cd recording device detected.
    > and I cant get past that point.

    Hello Mike Easy CD 4 has never worked on my PC and I
    have made no changes to it whatsoever. That is why I have
    had to convert my music from wma to wav so I can burn
    music from my files to a Cd using Nero. I have now given
    up on MP and will now use Nero to do this from now on.
    Jack Read has similar problems with protected music and
    unprotects all new recordings by removing the tick in
    Personal Rights Management box. I have to unprotect the
    music before I can convert to wav. Thats been my
    problem. Josie

    Josie,

    If EasyCD 4 has never worked on your PC and gives the message "No CD
    recording device
    detected" then the problem is almost certainly due to it not containing
    the necessary driver for your CD writer. That Nero works supports this as
    I suspect you have a more recent version of Nero that includes support for
    your hardware.

    I doubt that the error message you were seeing has anything to do with DRM
    (protected music) or Windows Media Player
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Josie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Hello Mike Easy CD 4 has never worked on my PC and I
    > have made no changes to it whatsoever. That is why I have
    > had to convert my music from wma to wav so I can burn
    > music from my files to a Cd using Nero. I have now given
    > up on MP and will now use Nero to do this from now on.
    > Jack Read has similar problems with protected music and
    > unprotects all new recordings by removing the tick in
    > Personal Rights Management box. I have to unprotect the
    > music before I can convert to wav. Thats been my
    > problem. Josie

    And Nero burns .wma files. Prior to Nero 6x - I believe - it required the
    WMA plugin: http://www.nero.com/en/wma-plugin.php but in Nero 6x not even
    the plugin is required.

    Shane

    > Josie,
    >
    > If EasyCD 4 has never worked on your PC and gives the message "No CD
    > recording device
    > detected" then the problem is almost certainly due to it not containing
    > the necessary driver for your CD writer. That Nero works supports this as
    > I suspect you have a more recent version of Nero that includes support for
    > your hardware.
    >
    > I doubt that the error message you were seeing has anything to do with DRM
    > (protected music) or Windows Media Player
    > --
    > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > Josie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Hello Mike Easy CD 4 has never worked on my PC and I
    >> have made no changes to it whatsoever. That is why I have
    >> had to convert my music from wma to wav so I can burn
    >> music from my files to a Cd using Nero. I have now given
    >> up on MP and will now use Nero to do this from now on.
    >> Jack Read has similar problems with protected music and
    >> unprotects all new recordings by removing the tick in
    >> Personal Rights Management box. I have to unprotect the
    >> music before I can convert to wav. Thats been my
    >> problem. Josie

    My Nero 5 does not burn wma files but works okay with wav
    and I now know how to convert to wav. Maybe I should
    upgrade to Nero 6. But once again Mike, thank you for
    your help, and you too Shane. I've made a note of the
    plugin. 'bye Josie

    Nero 6 Ultra Edition

    Reg. Price: $99.99
    You Save: $30.00
    Sale: $69.99

    Save more! Up to:
    $20 mail-in upgrade rebates

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1083714674219&skuId=6718803&type=product

    So, $US 50.00, after all discounts and rebates, at Best Buy in the USA this
    week, for the upgraded Nero 6 Ultra version.

    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------

Burner CD-Rom Microsoft Windows