unable to burn Cds

Adaptec easy cd creator 4 will not allow me to burn Cd's.
It just stops and says - No cd recording device detected.
and I cant get past that point.

Had EasyCD 4 ever worked with your present setup? Is it possible that the
CD writer you are using is more modern than the somewhat elderly EZCD4 you
are using and therefore unsupported? If this recorder did previously work
with EZCD4 on the PC you are using what changes have you made to the
system since it last worked?
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

josie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Adaptec easy cd creator 4 will not allow me to burn Cd's.
> It just stops and says - No cd recording device detected.
> and I cant get past that point.

Hello Mike Easy CD 4 has never worked on my PC and I
have made no changes to it whatsoever. That is why I have
had to convert my music from wma to wav so I can burn
music from my files to a Cd using Nero. I have now given
up on MP and will now use Nero to do this from now on.
Jack Read has similar problems with protected music and
unprotects all new recordings by removing the tick in
Personal Rights Management box. I have to unprotect the
music before I can convert to wav. Thats been my
problem. Josie

Josie,

If EasyCD 4 has never worked on your PC and gives the message "No CD
recording device
detected" then the problem is almost certainly due to it not containing
the necessary driver for your CD writer. That Nero works supports this as
I suspect you have a more recent version of Nero that includes support for
your hardware.

I doubt that the error message you were seeing has anything to do with DRM
(protected music) or Windows Media Player
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Josie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hello Mike Easy CD 4 has never worked on my PC and I
> have made no changes to it whatsoever. That is why I have
> had to convert my music from wma to wav so I can burn
> music from my files to a Cd using Nero. I have now given
> up on MP and will now use Nero to do this from now on.
> Jack Read has similar problems with protected music and
> unprotects all new recordings by removing the tick in
> Personal Rights Management box. I have to unprotect the
> music before I can convert to wav. Thats been my
> problem. Josie

Shane

And Nero burns .wma files. Prior to Nero 6x - I believe - it required the
WMA plugin: http://www.nero.com/en/wma-plugin.php but in Nero 6x not even
the plugin is required.

Shane

> Josie,
>
> If EasyCD 4 has never worked on your PC and gives the message "No CD
> recording device
> detected" then the problem is almost certainly due to it not containing
> the necessary driver for your CD writer. That Nero works supports this as
> I suspect you have a more recent version of Nero that includes support for
> your hardware.
>
> I doubt that the error message you were seeing has anything to do with DRM
> (protected music) or Windows Media Player
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Josie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Mike Easy CD 4 has never worked on my PC and I
>> have made no changes to it whatsoever. That is why I have
>> had to convert my music from wma to wav so I can burn
>> music from my files to a Cd using Nero. I have now given
>> up on MP and will now use Nero to do this from now on.
>> Jack Read has similar problems with protected music and
>> unprotects all new recordings by removing the tick in
>> Personal Rights Management box. I have to unprotect the
>> music before I can convert to wav. Thats been my
>> problem. Josie

My Nero 5 does not burn wma files but works okay with wav
and I now know how to convert to wav. Maybe I should
upgrade to Nero 6. But once again Mike, thank you for
your help, and you too Shane. I've made a note of the
plugin. 'bye Josie

Nero 6 Ultra Edition

Reg. Price: $99.99
You Save: $30.00
Sale: $69.99

Save more! Up to:
$20 mail-in upgrade rebates

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1083714674219&skuId=6718803&type=product

So, $US 50.00, after all discounts and rebates, at Best Buy in the USA this
week, for the upgraded Nero 6 Ultra version.

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------