Drive Image 2002 Update -In Need

ERNIE

Had to reinstall Drive Image 2002 and lost an update that I downloaded
January 17, 2004. Can't locate on the internet. Would anyone care to share
it. Thanks

And just what might this "update" be?

Please review http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"Ernie" <1racabli@maine.rr.com> wrote in message
> Had to reinstall Drive Image 2002 and lost an update that I downloaded
> January 17, 2004. Can't locate on the internet. Would anyone care to
share
> it. Thanks

ERNIE

Let me clarify my request. The search engines provided below, though
helpful, did not satisfy my request.
When I bought Drive Image 2002 I wrote its SN# on the jacket and later on
Power Quest notified me of an updated version, which I downloaded and wrote
its SN# on the same jacket. It is this second version that I am looking for.
Anyone remember doing the same thing? I do attempt to save all my programs
on CD though I haven't been able to locate it. Thanks

Ernie wrote:

> When I bought Drive Image 2002 I wrote its SN# on the jacket and later on
> Power Quest notified me of an updated version, which I downloaded and wrote
> its SN# on the same jacket. It is this second version that I am looking for.
> Anyone remember doing the same thing? I do attempt to save all my programs
> on CD though I haven't been able to locate it. Thanks

Tried their website?

Rick

ERNIE

Tried their web site and nothing.

> Ernie wrote:
>
> > When I bought Drive Image 2002 I wrote its SN# on the jacket and later
on
> > Power Quest notified me of an updated version, which I downloaded and
wrote
> > its SN# on the same jacket. It is this second version that I am looking
for.
> > Anyone remember doing the same thing? I do attempt to save all my
programs
> > on CD though I haven't been able to locate it. Thanks
>
> Tried their website?
>

> Rick

"Welcome to Symantec"... generally not a good thing to read.
(Symantec bought out DriveQuest in 2003)

Could do the "paddle upstream" thing with their Customer Support. Get a
real live person (who acts like one) and if you're lucky they know what
you're talking about.

Ernie wrote:
> Tried their web site and nothing.
>

> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Ernie wrote:
>>

>>>When I bought Drive Image 2002 I wrote its SN# on the jacket and later
>
> on
>
>>>Power Quest notified me of an updated version, which I downloaded and
>
> wrote
>
>>>its SN# on the same jacket. It is this second version that I am looking
>
> for.
>
>>>Anyone remember doing the same thing? I do attempt to save all my
>
> programs
>
>>>on CD though I haven't been able to locate it. Thanks
>>
>>Tried their website?
>>

>>Rick

This is a not uncommon problem (and existed prior to Symantec's takeover, so
I won't blame them for this - even if I'd like to!)

I had a similar problem moving versions (an upgrade) to which I was
entitled, when I tried to upgrade from (IIRC) v4 to v5 of PM.

There are two ways to get hold of the upgrade file.
1) do a search of the web for it (which I managed successfully at the time)
2) phone Symantec for assistance (and may you receive all the luck in the
world, as PQ used to sunset support after the next-but-one version came out,
so it's quite possible that Symantec will claim that there never was such a
version as yours)

Sorry the news isn't better :(

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Welcome to Symantec"... generally not a good thing to read.
> (Symantec bought out DriveQuest in 2003)
>
> Could do the "paddle upstream" thing with their Customer Support. Get a
> real live person (who acts like one) and if you're lucky they know what
> you're talking about.
>

> Ernie wrote:
>> Tried their web site and nothing.
>>

>> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

>> on

>> wrote

>> for.

>> programs

>>>Tried their website?
>>>

>>>Rick

If all else fails, consider

http://store.yahoo.com/geminicomputersinc/powquesdrivi.html

> Tried their web site and nothing.
>

> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Ernie wrote:
> >
> > > When I bought Drive Image 2002 I wrote its SN# on the jacket and later
> on
> > > Power Quest notified me of an updated version, which I downloaded and
> wrote
> > > its SN# on the same jacket. It is this second version that I am
looking
> for.
> > > Anyone remember doing the same thing? I do attempt to save all my
> programs
> > > on CD though I haven't been able to locate it. Thanks
> >
> > Tried their website?
> >

> > Rick

Shane

Or perhaps:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/files/dimage/dimage_7_files.html

DI 2003, I'm just getting it myself to see what it's about and whether I
qualify. It seems to be an *update* rather than an *upgrade*.

Shane

> If all else fails, consider
>
> http://store.yahoo.com/geminicomputersinc/powquesdrivi.html

> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> ------
> "Ernie" <1racabli@maine.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Tried their web site and nothing.
>>

>> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

>> on
>> wrote
> looking
>> for.
>> programs
>> >
>> > Tried their website?
>> >

>> > Rick

Shane

My apologies. Not for DI 2002 (I forgot my copy's version no.!).

Shane

"Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Or perhaps:
> http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/files/dimage/dimage_7_files.html
>
> DI 2003, I'm just getting it myself to see what it's about and whether I
> qualify. It seems to be an *update* rather than an *upgrade*.
>
> Shane
>
> "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
>> If all else fails, consider
>>
>> http://store.yahoo.com/geminicomputersinc/powquesdrivi.html
>>
>> --
>> Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
>> Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
>> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
>> ------
>> "Ernie" <1racabli@maine.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Tried their web site and nothing.
>>>

>>> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> on
>>> wrote
>> looking
>>> for.
>>> programs

Not a big problem since I suspect all these now-orphaned Powerquest
utilities will become dirt-cheap since the sale of the company to Symantec.
I'm considering getting a small stock of several tools in the event Symantec
applies their usual ineptitude to the code ported to their own Norton
products.
I already feel that way about the new Ghost 9.0. To have to reinstall XP,
followed by Ghost, in order to run the restoration of the backed-up OS
partition, is just inane, IMO.

> My apologies. Not for DI 2002 (I forgot my copy's version no.!).
>

> Shane
>

> "Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Or perhaps:
> > http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/files/dimage/dimage_7_files.html
> >
> > DI 2003, I'm just getting it myself to see what it's about and whether I
> > qualify. It seems to be an *update* rather than an *upgrade*.
> >
> > Shane
> >
> > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
> >> If all else fails, consider
> >>
> >> http://store.yahoo.com/geminicomputersinc/powquesdrivi.html
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
> >> Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
> >> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> >> ------
> >> "Ernie" <1racabli@maine.rr.com> wrote in message

> >> looking

Shane

> I already feel that way about the new Ghost 9.0. To have to reinstall XP,
> followed by Ghost, in order to run the restoration of the backed-up OS
> partition, is just inane, IMO.

Didn't know that, but quite agree!

And, when I was at the Symantec download site I clicked the link for the
latest version of DriveImage and it opens a Ghost download page.

Shane