speech to text conversion

August 16, 2004 2:15:49 PM

Does anyone know of a good speect -> test conversion app for the iPaq 4355?
Wondering if I need to tfr WAV from iPaq to PC and get conversion program
for my PC.

Thanx, Bob

More about : speech text conversion

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 1:03:15 AM

Continuous speech to text requires a lot of processing power and a lot of
RAM. I suspect it cannot be done on current generation Pocket PCs. You
probably can do it if you connect your Pocket PC to a backend speech
processing server though. You can learn more about Microsoft Speech Server
at: http://www.microsoft.com/speech/
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

"Robert Scarfe" <robertes@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:o eFRCT7gEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Does anyone know of a good speect -> test conversion app for the iPaq
4355?
> Wondering if I need to tfr WAV from iPaq to PC and get conversion program
> for my PC.
>
> Thanx, Bob

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 5:24:01 PM