Wireless Network Connection Icon Disappeared

Hi
I have a strange problem on my laptop, It is a new centrino laptop and i
have been using the wirelss connection for a long time.
suddenly today I am not able to connect to a wireless network as I dont see
my icons in the status bar searching for wireless connections.
so I go to the properties of the network places and i dont even see the
wireless network connection icon, I can only see the local area network
connection and soem 1394 connection.

any ideas on what i should do to get the wireless network connection back
again.

please help
Avi
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless network connection icon disappeared

    Do you remember doing anything that might have removed a driver from your
    system?

    Have you checked the Device Manager to see if your card is still listed and
    the drivers are installed and working normally?

    Try updating the drivers, or remove the adapter and reinstall.

    Clark

    "Avi" <Avi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have a strange problem on my laptop, It is a new centrino laptop and i
    > have been using the wirelss connection for a long time.
    > suddenly today I am not able to connect to a wireless network as I dont
    > see
    > my icons in the status bar searching for wireless connections.
    > so I go to the properties of the network places and i dont even see the
    > wireless network connection icon, I can only see the local area network
    > connection and soem 1394 connection.
    >
    > any ideas on what i should do to get the wireless network connection back
    > again.
    >
    > please help
    > Avi

    Yes, under device manager I can still my wireless intel pro network card. I
    didnt do anything to remove the network cards.
    ethernet and wireless both network cards still show in the devices with no
    error signs next to it.

    are you recommending I remove the wireless network device and add it back.
    cheers
    Avi

    "Clark" wrote:

    > Do you remember doing anything that might have removed a driver from your
    > system?
    >
    > Have you checked the Device Manager to see if your card is still listed and
    > the drivers are installed and working normally?
    >
    > Try updating the drivers, or remove the adapter and reinstall.
    >
    > Clark
    >
    > "Avi" <Avi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > I have a strange problem on my laptop, It is a new centrino laptop and i
    > > have been using the wirelss connection for a long time.
    > > suddenly today I am not able to connect to a wireless network as I dont
    > > see
    > > my icons in the status bar searching for wireless connections.
    > > so I go to the properties of the network places and i dont even see the
    > > wireless network connection icon, I can only see the local area network
    > > connection and soem 1394 connection.
    > >
    > > any ideas on what i should do to get the wireless network connection back
    > > again.
    > >
    > > please help
    > > Avi

    I would suggest if you can't get it to work that you remove it from device
    manager and let it reinstall. If for some reason you had deleted the
    registry entries needed, they should have been rebuilt, it seems to me, but
    you might need the extra step.

    As far an I know, and I am no expert, if you have a wireless adapter
    installed, it should show up in the network connections area. If you are so
    inclined, plug in a PCMCIA wireless card and see if it shows up.

    > Yes, under device manager I can still my wireless intel pro network card.
    > didnt do anything to remove the network cards.
    > ethernet and wireless both network cards still show in the devices with no
    > error signs next to it.
    >
    > are you recommending I remove the wireless network device and add it back.
    > cheers
    > Avi
    >
    > "Clark" wrote:
    >
    >> Do you remember doing anything that might have removed a driver from your
    >> system?
    >>
    >> Have you checked the Device Manager to see if your card is still listed
    >> and
    >> the drivers are installed and working normally?
    >>
    >> Try updating the drivers, or remove the adapter and reinstall.
    >>
    >> Clark
    >>
    >> "Avi" <Avi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi
    >> > I have a strange problem on my laptop, It is a new centrino laptop and
    >> > have been using the wirelss connection for a long time.
    >> > suddenly today I am not able to connect to a wireless network as I dont
    >> > see
    >> > my icons in the status bar searching for wireless connections.
    >> > so I go to the properties of the network places and i dont even see the
    >> > wireless network connection icon, I can only see the local area network
    >> > connection and soem 1394 connection.
    >> >
    >> > any ideas on what i should do to get the wireless network connection
    >> > back
    >> > again.
    >> >
    >> > please help
    >> > Avi

Connection Wireless Network Wireless Networking