I have a low spec pc set up i use just for digital imaging etc..needed a new
cd rom drive so i fitted one ..easy..on boot up the following message
appeared..."Incompatible Atapi press F1 to continue" i pressed F1 but while
the power supply seems ok nothing else happens.i noticed the cpu fan was
revolving erracticaly dies it mean the cpu is down or the motherboard..?any
help appreciated....baz

jad

you need to go into the bios and setup the IDE channel in which you
installed the ROM. Did you jumper the drive appropriately?

"barry hilton" <barry-vikram@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have a low spec pc set up i use just for digital imaging
etc..needed a new
> cd rom drive so i fitted one ..easy..on boot up the following
message
> appeared..."Incompatible Atapi press F1 to continue" i pressed F1
but while
> the power supply seems ok nothing else happens.i noticed the cpu fan
was
> revolving erracticaly dies it mean the cpu is down or the
motherboard..?any
> help appreciated....baz

TRENDING THREADS