Print Folder Contents??

After a recent problem resolution exercise I am interested
in having a hardcopy of (at least) the OPTIONS\INSTALL
folder. A quick run through Google for "how to print folder
contents" showed multiple recommendations for a couple of
tools.

Directory Printer from
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp
PrintFolder from http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

Have any of you used these tools? Are they safe/good to use
with ME? Any other comments.

TIA

Job remarks, "Sometimes I can't see the trees for the
forest!"
6 answers Last reply
More about print folder contents

    Certainly Karen's Directory Printer is good but I've never tried
    PrintFolder.

    However, in the meantime for an 'urgent' printout, you could always use the
    Print Screen facility. (The PrtSc button copies the screen to the clipboard
    and then you can paste it into e.g. Paint and print it out.

    Mart

    "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
    > After a recent problem resolution exercise I am interested
    > in having a hardcopy of (at least) the OPTIONS\INSTALL
    > folder. A quick run through Google for "how to print folder
    > contents" showed multiple recommendations for a couple of
    > tools.
    >
    > Directory Printer from
    > http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp
    > PrintFolder from http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/
    >
    > Have any of you used these tools? Are they safe/good to use
    > with ME? Any other comments.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Job remarks, "Sometimes I can't see the trees for the
    > forest!"

    Thanks for the input Mart. I'm lazy, desire something less
    strenuous <g>.

    Job

    "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Certainly Karen's Directory Printer is good but I've never
    tried
    > PrintFolder.
    >
    > However, in the meantime for an 'urgent' printout, you
    could always use the
    > Print Screen facility. (The PrtSc button copies the screen
    to the clipboard
    > and then you can paste it into e.g. Paint and print it
    out.

    > Mart
    >

    > "Job" <iam@best.slow> wrote in message
    > > After a recent problem resolution exercise I am
    interested
    > > in having a hardcopy of (at least) the OPTIONS\INSTALL
    > > folder. A quick run through Google for "how to print
    folder
    > > contents" showed multiple recommendations for a couple
    of
    > > tools.
    > >
    > > Directory Printer from
    > > http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp
    > > PrintFolder from
    http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

    > > Have any of you used these tools? Are they safe/good to
    use
    > > with ME? Any other comments.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Job remarks, "Sometimes I can't see the trees for the
    > > forest!"

    Another quick and dirty way would be to go to a DOS prompt, run DIR and
    pipe the output into a text file which could then be printed or edited via
    notepad.

    a) Open a DOS windows (Start | Programs | Accessories | MS-DOS prompt).
    b) Using CD OPTIONS and then CD INSTALL navigate to the
    C:\Windows\Options\Install folder
    c) Then type
    DIR > C:\LIST.TXT
    this will then place the output of the DIR command in a plain text file
    list.txt in the root of C:
    d) Open list.txt using Notepad, edit as necessary and then print.

    See also KB272623 - "How to add the print directory feature to Windows
    Explorer" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272623) and KB196628 - "How
    to Print a Folder Listing in Windows"
    (http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=196628) (Mart's suggestion).
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Mart <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote:

    > Certainly Karen's Directory Printer is good but I've never tried
    > PrintFolder.
    >
    > However, in the meantime for an 'urgent' printout, you could always
    > use the Print Screen facility. (The PrtSc button copies the screen to
    > the clipboard and then you can paste it into e.g. Paint and print it
    > out.

    Thanks for the info Mike. I've never done anything with
    DOS, guess it should be another step up my learning ladder.

    > Another quick and dirty way would be to go to a DOS
    prompt, run DIR and
    > pipe the output into a text file which could then be
    printed or edited via
    > notepad.
    >
    > a) Open a DOS windows (Start | Programs | Accessories |
    MS-DOS prompt).
    > b) Using CD OPTIONS and then CD INSTALL navigate to the
    > C:\Windows\Options\Install folder
    > c) Then type
    > DIR > C:\LIST.TXT
    > this will then place the output of the DIR command in a
    plain text file
    > list.txt in the root of C:
    > d) Open list.txt using Notepad, edit as necessary and then
    print.

    > See also KB272623 - "How to add the print directory
    feature to Windows
    > Explorer" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272623) and
    KB196628 - "How
    > to Print a Folder Listing in Windows"
    > (http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=196628) (Mart's
    suggestion).
    > --
    > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > Mart <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Certainly Karen's Directory Printer is good but I've
    never tried
    > > PrintFolder.
    > >
    > > However, in the meantime for an 'urgent' printout, you
    could always
    > > use the Print Screen facility. (The PrtSc button copies
    the screen to
    > > the clipboard and then you can paste it into e.g. Paint
    and print it
    > > out.

    Hey Mike! - Never knew KB196628 existed - Neat! And thanks for the pointer.

    Mart

  6. job said:

    After a recent problem resolution exercise I am interested
    in having a hardcopy of (at least) the OPTIONS\INSTALL
    folder. A quick run through Google for "how to print folder
    contents" showed multiple recommendations for a couple of
    tools.

    Directory Printer from
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp
    PrintFolder from http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

    Have any of you used these tools? Are they safe/good to use
    with ME? Any other comments.

    TIA

    Job remarks, "Sometimes I can't see the trees for the
    forest!"

    I use a Folder Printer

Microsoft Windows