Ad-Aware SE Personal

How can I recover the definitions for
Ad-Aware SE Personal?
They are invalid or corrupted due to several causes.
Can they be obtained at their website and what is the procedure?
Thanks.

Harry.

Harry:

Rename the file "defs.ref" (found in the same folder as Ad-Aware.exe) to "defs.ref.bak" then
launch Adaware. It will complain there were no definitions found. Perform a update to get
the latest definitions installed.

--
Dave

| How can I recover the definitions for
| Ad-Aware SE Personal?
| They are invalid or corrupted due to several causes.
| Can they be obtained at their website and what is the procedure?
| Thanks.
|
| Harry.

Dave:

You probably red my reply to Mart's post already.
If not, that's my explanation of the circumstances.
I didn't figure it to turn out like this, but it did.
Hopefully noone is angry with me, there were no bad intentions involved.
Thank you for being there.

Harry.

> Harry:
>
> Rename the file "defs.ref" (found in the same folder as Ad-Aware.exe) to
"defs.ref.bak" then
> launch Adaware. It will complain there were no definitions found.
Perform a update to get
> the latest definitions installed.
>
> --
> Dave
>

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> | How can I recover the definitions for
> | Ad-Aware SE Personal?
> | They are invalid or corrupted due to several causes.
> | Can they be obtained at their website and what is the procedure?
> | Thanks.
> |
> | Harry.

Harry:

Nothing matters except you having a solution.

No problems !

--
Dave

| Dave:
|
| You probably red my reply to Mart's post already.
| If not, that's my explanation of the circumstances.
| I didn't figure it to turn out like this, but it did.
| Hopefully noone is angry with me, there were no bad intentions involved.
| Thank you for being there.
|
| Harry.

Hi Everyone:

I just received a reply from the Lavasoft Support Team,
urging all Ad-Aware 6 holders to upgrade to Ad-Aware SE, because of
discontinued support.
Just in case someone missed it.

Harry.

> How can I recover the definitions for
> Ad-Aware SE Personal?
> They are invalid or corrupted due to several causes.
> Can they be obtained at their website and what is the procedure?
> Thanks.
>
> Harry.

Thank you, Dave.

Harry.

> Harry:
>
> Nothing matters except you having a solution.
>
> No problems !
>
> --
> Dave
>

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> |
> | Dave:
> |
> | You probably red my reply to Mart's post already.
> | If not, that's my explanation of the circumstances.
> | I didn't figure it to turn out like this, but it did.
> | Hopefully noone is angry with me, there were no bad intentions involved.
> | Thank you for being there.
> |
> | Harry.

Dunno - but I suppose you could try uninstalling, deleting any crud left on
your disk and then reinstalling A-A.SE again. Might be quicker/easier/safer.

Mart

> How can I recover the definitions for
> Ad-Aware SE Personal?
> They are invalid or corrupted due to several causes.
> Can they be obtained at their website and what is the procedure?
> Thanks.
>
> Harry.

Hello Mart:

While I was away, abiding my time, I did the following:
1. I sent an e-mail to the home team while visiting their
website and at the same occasion, found the download
site and downloaded the latest definintions.
2. They came in the form of a zip file and I unzipped it
right intpo the Ad-aware folder.
Low and behold, when opening the program, there they were and no more weird
messages.
I was only following my instincts and, by all accounts,
struck paydirt.
Thank you for being there for me - and us.

Harry.

"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Dunno - but I suppose you could try uninstalling, deleting any crud left
on
> your disk and then reinstalling A-A.SE again. Might be
quicker/easier/safer.

> Mart
>

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > How can I recover the definitions for
> > Ad-Aware SE Personal?
> > They are invalid or corrupted due to several causes.
> > Can they be obtained at their website and what is the procedure?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Harry.

David's reply was probably the 'more correct' solution but whatever works, I
guess.

Glad you resolved it yourself and that you are now Ad Aware.

Mart