Systray objects

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hello. I was wondering if anyone can tell me please why for a couple of days
now when I Place my pointer on the objects in the systray it does not say
what they are. Eventhough I can click and open them. Thanks!

It's called "Hover Text"

Did you install anything new or make any alterations before this happened?

If not AND it's only happened in the past few days, you could try running
System Restore (Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools \ System
Restore) and roll-back to the last time/date that the 'hover text' showed.

Mart

> Hello. I was wondering if anyone can tell me please why for a couple of
> days
> now when I Place my pointer on the objects in the systray it does not say
> what they are. Eventhough I can click and open them. Thanks!

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Mart, thanks for the education (i.e Hover text)! Spyware guard was installed
and by removing it corrected the issue. It seemed to be a nice utility
sitting there quietly. At any rate removing it did the trick. I thank you
for replying!

"Mart" wrote:

> It's called "Hover Text"
>
> Did you install anything new or make any alterations before this happened?
>
> If not AND it's only happened in the past few days, you could try running
> System Restore (Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools \ System
> Restore) and roll-back to the last time/date that the 'hover text' showed.
>
> Mart
>

> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello. I was wondering if anyone can tell me please why for a couple of
> > days
> > now when I Place my pointer on the objects in the systray it does not say
> > what they are. Eventhough I can click and open them. Thanks!

Well done for finding the real culprit.

BTW - Hover Text AKA ToolTips

FYI - "How to Change Hover Text for a Program Shortcut"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262535

"ToolTips Do Not Display on the Links Toolbar"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;267635

Mart