Keyboard lockup

katie

I am running windows me on on a 1.1 gig processor 128 meg ram hp xl866. I
can get on the internet, but if I try and type anything in the address bar,
the keyboard will lock up. I have tried changing keyboards, but no luck. I
have also reformatted the hard drive and reloaded windows me, but no luck
with that either. Thank you very much with what ever help you give me.
Regards,
Katie

Katie,
Are you able to type at any other time without locking up?? If so, I
would suspect the keyboard, but, rather something like a BHO (Browser Helper
Object) or some form of spyware.
BHODemon (http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm
SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.3 (http://www.safer-networking.org/)
SpywareBlaster http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
Ad-Aware SE Personal edition from Lavasoft
(http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/)

Click on or copy and paste the above URL's, dl'd and use the programs.
Even if this is not the problem, these are good proggies to have on hand.
Also, Mr. Mike Maltby, MS-MVP recommends the following:
See also: Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search
Engines http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm and also Browser
Hijacking http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/

Hope this helps...............
Heirloom, old and maybe

"Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running windows me on on a 1.1 gig processor 128 meg ram hp xl866. I
> can get on the internet, but if I try and type anything in the address
bar,
> the keyboard will lock up. I have tried changing keyboards, but no luck.
> have also reformatted the hard drive and reloaded windows me, but no luck
> with that either. Thank you very much with what ever help you give me.
> Regards,
> Katie

That should have read "NOT suspect the keyboard"........sorry, I'm old.
Heirloom, old and at least I caught it

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> Katie,
> Are you able to type at any other time without locking up?? If so, I
> would suspect the keyboard, but, rather something like a BHO (Browser
Helper
> Object) or some form of spyware.
> BHODemon (http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm
> SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.3 (http://www.safer-networking.org/)
> SpywareBlaster http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
> Ad-Aware SE Personal edition from Lavasoft
> (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/)
>
> Click on or copy and paste the above URL's, dl'd and use the programs.
> Even if this is not the problem, these are good proggies to have on hand.
> Also, Mr. Mike Maltby, MS-MVP recommends the following:
> See also: Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search
> Engines http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm and also Browser
> Hijacking http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/
>
> Hope this helps...............
> Heirloom, old and maybe
>
> "Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am running windows me on on a 1.1 gig processor 128 meg ram hp xl866.
> > can get on the internet, but if I try and type anything in the address
> bar,
> > the keyboard will lock up. I have tried changing keyboards, but no
luck.
> > have also reformatted the hard drive and reloaded windows me, but no
luck
> > with that either. Thank you very much with what ever help you give me.
> > Regards,
> > Katie

Very nicely done, heirloom.

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> Katie,
> Are you able to type at any other time without locking up?? If so, I
> would suspect the keyboard, but, rather something like a BHO (Browser
Helper
> Object) or some form of spyware.
> BHODemon (http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm
> SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.3 (http://www.safer-networking.org/)
> SpywareBlaster http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
> Ad-Aware SE Personal edition from Lavasoft
> (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/)
>
> Click on or copy and paste the above URL's, dl'd and use the programs.
> Even if this is not the problem, these are good proggies to have on hand.

> Also, Mr. Mike Maltby, MS-MVP recommends the following:
> See also: Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search
> Engines http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm and also Browser
> Hijacking http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/
>
> Hope this helps...............
> Heirloom, old and maybe
>
> "Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am running windows me on on a 1.1 gig processor 128 meg ram hp xl866.
> > can get on the internet, but if I try and type anything in the address
> bar,
> > the keyboard will lock up. I have tried changing keyboards, but no
luck.
> > have also reformatted the hard drive and reloaded windows me, but no
luck
> > with that either. Thank you very much with what ever help you give me.
> > Regards,
> > Katie

Thank you, kind Sir. I only hope that I have put them on the right track
and it helps.
Heirloom, old and may have a visitor soon