Blinking Screen

My monitor screen has started "Very Fast Blinking". I have checked all the
plugs and cables but .....

Also long ago, I used a software which has shrunk my screen - more blank
spaces on both right/left sides.

Screen is also bending more in lower-right corner i.e. windows are like a
slope in right side.

Neither I have nor I remember which software it was. I have adjusted
buttons on front and rare without any luck.

Monitor is Philips CM5299 14" Standard.

Can anyone help?

Thanx in advance

Farhan
6 answers Last reply
More about blinking screen

    Start your machine in the Safe Mode and see if the screen irregularities
    still exist in the SVGA mode......if so, suspect your monitor is going
    south. If the screen is okay in Safe Mode (other than the normal
    characteristics of standard VGA), then suspect your video card or drivers.
    Heirloom, old and 'bout time for bed

    "Farhan" <kami@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My monitor screen has started "Very Fast Blinking". I have checked all the
    > plugs and cables but .....
    >
    > Also long ago, I used a software which has shrunk my screen - more blank
    > spaces on both right/left sides.
    >
    > Screen is also bending more in lower-right corner i.e. windows are like a
    > slope in right side.
    >
    > Neither I have nor I remember which software it was. I have adjusted
    > buttons on front and rare without any luck.
    >
    > Monitor is Philips CM5299 14" Standard.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >

    > Thanx in advance
    >
    > Farhan

    I forgot to mention, the 'blinking screen' is most likely due to your
    refresh rate being set too low. This could be a result of your monitor
    settings, the monitor or the video card going bad.
    Heirloom, old and must be time for bed

    "Farhan" <kami@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My monitor screen has started "Very Fast Blinking". I have checked all the
    > plugs and cables but .....
    >
    > Also long ago, I used a software which has shrunk my screen - more blank
    > spaces on both right/left sides.
    >
    > Screen is also bending more in lower-right corner i.e. windows are like a
    > slope in right side.
    >
    > Neither I have nor I remember which software it was. I have adjusted
    > buttons on front and rare without any luck.
    >
    > Monitor is Philips CM5299 14" Standard.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >

    > Thanx in advance
    >
    > Farhan

    In addition to heirloom's advice here, use the monitor's internal controls,
    accessible on the front of the monitor, to adjust screen size, geometry,
    etc., as opposed to any OS or app software.
    Confirm that no magnetic device, eg., a halogen lamp, is near the monitor,
    where the magnetic field can distort the image.

    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > I forgot to mention, the 'blinking screen' is most likely due to your
    > refresh rate being set too low. This could be a result of your monitor
    > settings, the monitor or the video card going bad.
    > Heirloom, old and must be time for bed
    >
    > "Farhan" <kami@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > My monitor screen has started "Very Fast Blinking". I have checked all
    the
    > > plugs and cables but .....
    > >
    > > Also long ago, I used a software which has shrunk my screen - more blank
    > > spaces on both right/left sides.
    > >
    > > Screen is also bending more in lower-right corner i.e. windows are like
    > > slope in right side.
    > >
    > > Neither I have nor I remember which software it was. I have adjusted
    > > buttons on front and rare without any luck.
    > >
    > > Monitor is Philips CM5299 14" Standard.
    > >
    > > Can anyone help?
    > >

    > > Thanx in advance
    > >
    > > Farhan

    I believe he mentioned having tried the monitor controls, to no avail. The
    magnetic interference is an excellent point......I know newer monitors
    aren't as susceptible, but, a good degaussing might help with the
    distortion. My money is on the video card and/or monitor.....
    Heirloom, old and been wrong before

    > In addition to heirloom's advice here, use the monitor's internal
    controls,
    > accessible on the front of the monitor, to adjust screen size, geometry,
    > etc., as opposed to any OS or app software.
    > Confirm that no magnetic device, eg., a halogen lamp, is near the monitor,
    > where the magnetic field can distort the image.

    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ------
    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > I forgot to mention, the 'blinking screen' is most likely due to your
    > > refresh rate being set too low. This could be a result of your monitor
    > > settings, the monitor or the video card going bad.
    > > Heirloom, old and must be time for bed
    > >
    > > "Farhan" <kami@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > My monitor screen has started "Very Fast Blinking". I have checked all
    > the
    > > > plugs and cables but .....
    > > >
    > > > Also long ago, I used a software which has shrunk my screen - more
    blank
    > > > spaces on both right/left sides.
    > > >
    > > > Screen is also bending more in lower-right corner i.e. windows are
    like
    > > > slope in right side.
    > > >
    > > > Neither I have nor I remember which software it was. I have adjusted
    > > > buttons on front and rare without any luck.
    > > >
    > > > Monitor is Philips CM5299 14" Standard.
    > > >
    > > > Can anyone help?
    > > >

    > > > Thanx in advance
    > > >
    > > > Farhan

    First sorry for late reply due to my diablility - spine problem (can't use
    internet regularly).

    Now sorry to Loom u lost ur money, Jack was right. It was voltage
    stablizer i just put near my monitor for easy reach.

    Putting back to its old place solved the problem.

    What about other problem?

    Thanx for reply

    Farhan

    | I believe he mentioned having tried the monitor controls, to no avail.
    | The magnetic interference is an excellent point......I know newer
    | monitors aren't as susceptible, but, a good degaussing might help with
    | the distortion. My money is on the video card and/or monitor.....
    | Heirloom, old and been wrong before
    |

    | "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    || In addition to heirloom's advice here, use the monitor's internal
    || controls, accessible on the front of the monitor, to adjust screen
    || size, geometry, etc., as opposed to any OS or app software.
    || Confirm that no magnetic device, eg., a halogen lamp, is near the
    || monitor, where the magnetic field can distort the image.
    || --
    || Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    || Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    || http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    || Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    || ------
    || "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    ||| I forgot to mention, the 'blinking screen' is most likely due to your
    ||| refresh rate being set too low. This could be a result of your monitor
    ||| settings, the monitor or the video card going bad.
    ||| Heirloom, old and must be time for bed
    ||| "Farhan" <kami@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    What is your current refresh rate? Check the following site for info:
    http://www.pcw.co.uk/analysis/1133651
    BTW, Jack is usually right.
    Heirloom, old and don't feel bad losing to Jack.

    > First sorry for late reply due to my diablility - spine problem (can't use
    > internet regularly).
    >
    > Now sorry to Loom u lost ur money, Jack was right. It was voltage
    > stablizer i just put near my monitor for easy reach.
    >
    > Putting back to its old place solved the problem.
    >
    > What about other problem?
    >

    > Thanx for reply
    >
    > Farhan
    >
    > | I believe he mentioned having tried the monitor controls, to no avail.
    > | The magnetic interference is an excellent point......I know newer
    > | monitors aren't as susceptible, but, a good degaussing might help with
    > | the distortion. My money is on the video card and/or monitor.....
    > | Heirloom, old and been wrong before
    > |

    > | "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > || In addition to heirloom's advice here, use the monitor's internal
    > || controls, accessible on the front of the monitor, to adjust screen
    > || size, geometry, etc., as opposed to any OS or app software.
    > || Confirm that no magnetic device, eg., a halogen lamp, is near the
    > || monitor, where the magnetic field can distort the image.
    > || --
    > || Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    > || Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    > || http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    > || Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > || ------