Java(Lookin' for Help Moe Green)

rs

I cannot access any java run programs lately. Think I've accidently deleted
something.
When I try to go to the Java site to download whatever it is I need it tells
me:
To display this page correctly, you need to download and install the
following components: Java virtual machine

When I select Download I am redirected to the MS site where a message is
posted telling me: No Java installed. The page you are trying to view
requires the installation of a Java virtual machine...A third-party Java
virtual machine is required...for more info see http:www.microsoft.com/java.
BUT THERE'S NO MORE INFORMATION PROVIDED TO HELP ME FIND AND DOWNLOAD
WHATEVER IT IS THAT'S PREVENTING ME FROM VIEWING THE SITES I NEED TO ACCESS.

WHAT THE...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT OF THIS MESS?

I did manage to download something from the Java site called J2SE Runtime
Environment 5.0 update 1, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me.
--
Thanks,
RS

RS - here are two excellent sites for identifying what JVM version(s) you
have running, troublesooting, fixing, and getting new downloads:
http://www.javatester.org/
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.jsp

--
Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows/Security