How to make a new link window open fullsize

I use a laptop and when I'm on a site that has a link to click on the
new window opens small. I can click the enlarge box @ top right but I'b
prefer the new window to open fullsize. Any suggestions?
4 answers Last reply
More about make link window open fullsize

    Hi,
    Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
    Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
    Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
    Close the first IE window. Then close that resized window.

    To always get a true maximized window...
    AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
    IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

    Additional information at:
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm >>> Opening
    Internet Explorer Full Size
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm >>> Tip #6
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#new_window_max

    Hope this helps,
    Don
    [MS MVP- IE/OE]

    "doubleshrp" <dv220[at]myway.com> wrote in message
    > I use a laptop and when I'm on a site that has a link to click on the
    > new window opens small. I can click the enlarge box @ top right but I'b
    > prefer the new window to open fullsize. Any suggestions?

    Thanks Don. I downloaded the autosizer from Computer Geeks and it
    works fine. I can't figure out how to stretch the windows using the
    touchpad. When I center the arrows over the window border and then try
    and stretch it, nothing happens. I'm not very computer savvy and
    generally use a desktop with a regular mouse and with that I stretch a
    window and it stays maximized until I have to reboot. The auto
    maximizer seems to have a little lag and may slow things down some but
    it's better than the nuisance of having to maximize every screen.
    Thanks for the tip. Dave Roy

    Don Varnau wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
    > Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new
    window.
    > Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use
    maximize.
    > Close the first IE window. Then close that resized window.
    >
    > To always get a true maximized window...
    > AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
    > IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm
    >
    > Additional information at:
    > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm >>> Opening
    > Internet Explorer Full Size
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm >>> Tip #6
    > http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#new_window_max
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > Don
    > [MS MVP- IE/OE]
    >
    > "doubleshrp" <dv220[at]myway.com> wrote in message
    > > I use a laptop and when I'm on a site that has a link to click on
    the
    > > new window opens small. I can click the enlarge box @ top right but
    I'b
    > > prefer the new window to open fullsize. Any suggestions?

    AutoSizer should only cause each IE window to open a tiny bit slower. I
    guess it would be noticeable.

    To "stretch" a window, you would hold down one of the buttons adjacent to
    the touchpad while dragging.

    Or... buy a USB, optical mouse, unless you really do always use this
    computer on your lap.

    Don
    [MS MVP- IE/OE]

    "doublesharp" <dv220[at]myway.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks Don. I downloaded the autosizer from Computer Geeks and it
    > works fine. I can't figure out how to stretch the windows using the
    > touchpad. When I center the arrows over the window border and then try
    > and stretch it, nothing happens. I'm not very computer savvy and
    > generally use a desktop with a regular mouse and with that I stretch a
    > window and it stays maximized until I have to reboot. The auto
    > maximizer seems to have a little lag and may slow things down some but
    > it's better than the nuisance of having to maximize every screen.
    > Thanks for the tip. Dave Roy

    > Don Varnau wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
    > > Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new
    > window.
    > > Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use
    > maximize.
    > > Close the first IE window. Then close that resized window.
    > >
    > > To always get a true maximized window...
    > > AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
    > > IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm
    > >
    > > Additional information at:
    > > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm >>> Opening
    > > Internet Explorer Full Size
    > > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm >>> Tip #6
    > > http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#new_window_max
    > >
    > > Hope this helps,
    > > Don

    > > "doubleshrp" <dv220[at]myway.com> wrote in message
    > > > I use a laptop and when I'm on a site that has a link to click on
    > the
    > > > new window opens small. I can click the enlarge box @ top right but
    > I'b
    > > > prefer the new window to open fullsize. Any suggestions?

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:53:43 GMT,"doublesharp" <dv220@myway.com> penned
    this whopper in microsoft.public.windowsme.general

    > Thanks Don. I downloaded the autosizer from Computer Geeks and it
    > works fine. I can't figure out how to stretch the windows using the
    > touchpad. When I center the arrows over the window border and then try
    > and stretch it, nothing happens. I'm not very computer savvy and
    > generally use a desktop with a regular mouse and with that I stretch a
    > window and it stays maximized until I have to reboot. The auto
    > maximizer seems to have a little lag and may slow things down some but
    > it's better than the nuisance of having to maximize every screen.
    > Thanks for the tip. Dave Roy
    >

    > Don Varnau wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
    >> Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new
    > window.
    >> Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use
    > maximize.
    >> Close the first IE window. Then close that resized window.
    >>
    >> To always get a true maximized window...
    >> AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
    >> IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm
    >>
    >> Additional information at:
    >> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm >>> Opening
    >> Internet Explorer Full Size
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm >>> Tip #6
    >> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#new_window_max
    >>
    >> Hope this helps,
    >> Don
    >> [MS MVP- IE/OE]
    >>
    >> "doubleshrp" <dv220[at]myway.com> wrote in message
    >> > I use a laptop and when I'm on a site that has a link to click on
    > the
    >> > new window opens small. I can click the enlarge box @ top right but
    > I'b
    >> > prefer the new window to open fullsize. Any suggestions?

    Holding SHIFT while closing a window generally retains it's settings.

    --
    "Time will bring to light whatever is hidden;
    it will cover up and conceal what is now shining in splendor."

    Mike

Laptops Microsoft Windows