Backing up music files

I have ME and MP7 and I am trying to backup my music
files. To do this Microsoft Help states - On the Job Menu
click New. But I can't find Job Menu. Does anyone know
where it is. Thanks.

I don't know about your specific question, but why not just copy your music
files to an external disk such as Zip, floppy or CD?

What backup program are you using (if any)?

"Josie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have ME and MP7 and I am trying to backup my music
> files. To do this Microsoft Help states - On the Job Menu
> click New. But I can't find Job Menu. Does anyone know
> where it is. Thanks.

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Does WMP back up music as *data*??? I use Roxio to do this. MusicMatch
won't do it either. Backed up a large amount of them about 3 weeks ago to
CD.

Josie...make sure you back them up as "data" if you are intending to just
store them.

Heather

"Andrew Murray" <admurray@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> I don't know about your specific question, but why not just copy your
music
> files to an external disk such as Zip, floppy or CD?
>
> What backup program are you using (if any)?
>
> "Josie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have ME and MP7 and I am trying to backup my music
> > files. To do this Microsoft Help states - On the Job Menu
> > click New. But I can't find Job Menu. Does anyone know
> > where it is. Thanks.

I will forget Microsoft 'Help' and do as you suggest and
just copy to external hard drive. I have too many to copy
to CD. Thanks Heather & Andrew for your help.

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

You're welcome. Took 15 CD's to back up mine, and a hint here. It took a
while, but I organized them on my hard drive into subfolders as to genre and
made each of them 700meg or slightly less. Then I could just copy over the
entire subfolder to a CD and not get mixed up as to where I stopped or
started.

Best.....Heather