Error Messages

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 14, 2005 4:51:17 PM

Hi;
A friend is being plagued by frequent Error messages on a Blue Screen. The
messages are normally
"Error 0E010028:C0030 BAB" but occasionally he receives "Error
0E010028:C146E C68". Most of the time this occurs when he is accessing the
internet so he has asked me to assist him over my system.

He has an HP Pavilion XT 856 desktop running Windows ME. It uses an Intel
R-82810E graphics chip and an HP MX70 monitor. He originally had 128 MB of
Ram and added a second 128 MB strip about one month ago. He cannot tell me
if the errors started before the addition or not.

To date we have gone to Safe Mode and removed the display and monitor
drivers, then allowed Windows to replace them on normal startup. We still
had the problem. We then downloaded a new display driver from Intel and
installed it after removing the existing one in safe mode. The problem has
continued. I am now having my friend remove one Ram strip at a time and run
on the other to see if this could be the problem source.

Does anyone have any suggestions we can try to locate and cure this
problem.

Thank you for your help and
previous suggestions.

Tom D