Samsung SP1604N hard drive advice

Having trouble installing a new Samsung SP1604N 160Gb hard drive.

My mobo is an ASUS A7M266 with BIOS flashed to latest (1007).

The BIOS auto-detects the hdd as the following:-

cylinders 1024
heads 255
sectors 63
chs 8422
max LBA 160041

I don't think this is correct.
Samsung website useless.
Nothing written on the drive.

Anyone got one of these drives that could let me have your settings?

blackbat /\x/\

http://www.48bitlba.com/

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:40:55 GMT, "Wooducoodu" <wooducoodu@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>http://www.48bitlba.com/

Thanks.
Seems like my mobo with latest flash *should* support 48 bit LBA .
I'm trying to install WinXP Pro SP1

Confused about drivers, when I built this pc (seems ages ago now) I
installed VIA 3-in1 drivers, normal 4-in-1 drivers weren't suitable.
If drivers are the cause of my problem how can I install them b4
installing windows?

Will a udma133 hdd run on this mobo? It supports udma100

blackbat /\x/\