Kernel32.DLL Error please help

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 14, 2005 10:02:56 PM

My daughter deleted some quarantined viruses and on her college computer, a
450Mhz dinosaur that has all her school papers in the documents folder.
When the computer boots up it now says two error messages:

Hposm has caused an error in OLEATU32.DLL

and

Hposm has caused an error in Kernel32.DLL

Internet expolorer will not open, in fact I have yet to find any program
that will. I tried starting in normal and safe mode to do a system restore
but system restore locks up also. I'm not too good at this and any ideas
would be appreciated.

Thanks, Todd

More about : kernel32 dll error

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 10:16:15 AM

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and software for your HP
printer or scanner.

"Ishmail" <ishmailATmontanadslDOTnet> wrote in message
> My daughter deleted some quarantined viruses and on her college computer,
> a 450Mhz dinosaur that has all her school papers in the documents folder.
> When the computer boots up it now says two error messages:
>
> Hposm has caused an error in OLEATU32.DLL
>
> and
>
> Hposm has caused an error in Kernel32.DLL
>
> Internet expolorer will not open, in fact I have yet to find any program
> that will. I tried starting in normal and safe mode to do a system
> restore but system restore locks up also. I'm not too good at this and
> any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Todd

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 10:16:16 AM

Thanks Richard, I'll try that. I think you are on to something here as my
wife just attempted to use an HP printer scanner for the first time.

Todd
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 12:32:53 AM

The HPOSM.EXE file is part of many HP scanner/printer drivers, so I'll bet
that it (or a file it needs) somehow got corrupted when cleaning up the
virus.

!