Kernel32.DLL Error please help

My daughter deleted some quarantined viruses and on her college computer, a
450Mhz dinosaur that has all her school papers in the documents folder.
When the computer boots up it now says two error messages:

Hposm has caused an error in OLEATU32.DLL

and

Hposm has caused an error in Kernel32.DLL

Internet expolorer will not open, in fact I have yet to find any program
that will. I tried starting in normal and safe mode to do a system restore
but system restore locks up also. I'm not too good at this and any ideas
would be appreciated.

Thanks, Todd
3 answers Last reply
More about kernel32 error help

    Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and software for your HP
    printer or scanner.

    "Ishmail" <ishmailATmontanadslDOTnet> wrote in message
    > My daughter deleted some quarantined viruses and on her college computer,
    > a 450Mhz dinosaur that has all her school papers in the documents folder.
    > When the computer boots up it now says two error messages:
    >
    > Hposm has caused an error in OLEATU32.DLL
    >
    > and
    >
    > Hposm has caused an error in Kernel32.DLL
    >
    > Internet expolorer will not open, in fact I have yet to find any program
    > that will. I tried starting in normal and safe mode to do a system
    > restore but system restore locks up also. I'm not too good at this and
    > any ideas would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks, Todd

    Thanks Richard, I'll try that. I think you are on to something here as my
    wife just attempted to use an HP printer scanner for the first time.

    Todd

    The HPOSM.EXE file is part of many HP scanner/printer drivers, so I'll bet
    that it (or a file it needs) somehow got corrupted when cleaning up the
    virus.

    > Thanks Richard, I'll try that. I think you are on to something here as
    > my wife just attempted to use an HP printer scanner for the first time.
    >
    > Todd

Kernel32 System Restore Windows