font problem

hello,

Suddenly my system fonts changed to very small. And i 've IE 5.5.
I am trying to install ie 6 from microsoft site. Its showing the progress
and after some time giving error "Can not install components. Close all
programs and Try setup again"
I tried many no of times. still not succeed. Not only in the browser, all
the windows fonts also changed to small.

I've checked desktop properties, appearance and selected the theme "windows
standard and Desktop" still same problem.

How can i change the font and install the browser(IE 6).

Thanx in advance

Begin by right-clicking on the Desktop, and choosing Properties, then
Appearance. You will see the Item: scrollable box, where various Windows
objects are itemized, and the Font: box, where various installed fonts are
available, and the Size" box, for the available font sizes. Choose a larger
size for the several Windows objects exhibiting the small size now.

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"Rajani" <Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> Suddenly my system fonts changed to very small. And i 've IE 5.5.
> I am trying to install ie 6 from microsoft site. Its showing the progress
> and after some time giving error "Can not install components. Close all
> programs and Try setup again"
> I tried many no of times. still not succeed. Not only in the browser, all
> the windows fonts also changed to small.
>
> I've checked desktop properties, appearance and selected the theme
"windows
> standard and Desktop" still same problem.
>
> How can i change the font and install the browser(IE 6).
>
> Thanx in advance

Hello,

Thanx for the reply. But it is Scheme: Windows Standard
and Item: Desktop
Previouslt it is like this and is also default. But suddenly all my windows
font changed to small size even though it is set to the above. What is the
problem.
How can i change.
All my login box, ... every where its appearing small fonts.

thanx

"Jack E Martinelli" wrote:

> Begin by right-clicking on the Desktop, and choosing Properties, then
> Appearance. You will see the Item: scrollable box, where various Windows
> objects are itemized, and the Font: box, where various installed fonts are
> available, and the Size" box, for the available font sizes. Choose a larger
> size for the several Windows objects exhibiting the small size now.

> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> ------
> "Rajani" <Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hello,
> >
> > Suddenly my system fonts changed to very small. And i 've IE 5.5.
> > I am trying to install ie 6 from microsoft site. Its showing the progress
> > and after some time giving error "Can not install components. Close all
> > programs and Try setup again"
> > I tried many no of times. still not succeed. Not only in the browser, all
> > the windows fonts also changed to small.
> >
> > I've checked desktop properties, appearance and selected the theme
> "windows
> > standard and Desktop" still same problem.
> >
> > How can i change the font and install the browser(IE 6).
> >
> > Thanx in advance

What happens when you change the test size with IE-View-Text Size?

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, Rajani
<Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hello,
>
> Suddenly my system fonts changed to very small.

If i change from the browser TextSize->Medium is default. I set to larger,
increasing a bit only. But previously it was medium and i can able to print
and see exact size what i specified.

Not only in browser, all windows has the same problem.

thanx

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> What happens when you change the test size with IE-View-Text Size?
>
> ....Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, Rajani
> <Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >hello,
> >
> > Suddenly my system fonts changed to very small.

"All windows" is a bit broad but have you tried changing the Item:Icon
in Control Panel-Display-Appearance tab? ("Icon" controls much of the
windows text as well as the text under icons.

....Alan