Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

font problem

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 5:13:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

hello,

Suddenly my system fonts changed to very small. And i 've IE 5.5.
I am trying to install ie 6 from microsoft site. Its showing the progress
and after some time giving error "Can not install components. Close all
programs and Try setup again"
I tried many no of times. still not succeed. Not only in the browser, all
the windows fonts also changed to small.

I've checked desktop properties, appearance and selected the theme "windows
standard and Desktop" still same problem.

How can i change the font and install the browser(IE 6).

Thanx in advance

More about : font problem

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 12:06:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Begin by right-clicking on the Desktop, and choosing Properties, then
Appearance. You will see the Item: scrollable box, where various Windows
objects are itemized, and the Font: box, where various installed fonts are
available, and the Size" box, for the available font sizes. Choose a larger
size for the several Windows objects exhibiting the small size now.

--
Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"Rajani" <Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 023B3DB-C78B-4294-9E07-DD428D25D078@microsoft.com...
> hello,
>
> Suddenly my system fonts changed to very small. And i 've IE 5.5.
> I am trying to install ie 6 from microsoft site. Its showing the progress
> and after some time giving error "Can not install components. Close all
> programs and Try setup again"
> I tried many no of times. still not succeed. Not only in the browser, all
> the windows fonts also changed to small.
>
> I've checked desktop properties, appearance and selected the theme
"windows
> standard and Desktop" still same problem.
>
> How can i change the font and install the browser(IE 6).
>
> Thanx in advance
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 7:05:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Hello,

Thanx for the reply. But it is Scheme: Windows Standard
and Item: Desktop
Previouslt it is like this and is also default. But suddenly all my windows
font changed to small size even though it is set to the above. What is the
problem.
How can i change.
All my login box, ... every where its appearing small fonts.

thanx


"Jack E Martinelli" wrote:

> Begin by right-clicking on the Desktop, and choosing Properties, then
> Appearance. You will see the Item: scrollable box, where various Windows
> objects are itemized, and the Font: box, where various installed fonts are
> available, and the Size" box, for the available font sizes. Choose a larger
> size for the several Windows objects exhibiting the small size now.
>
> --
> Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
> Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...
> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> ------
> "Rajani" <Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 023B3DB-C78B-4294-9E07-DD428D25D078@microsoft.com...
> > hello,
> >
> > Suddenly my system fonts changed to very small. And i 've IE 5.5.
> > I am trying to install ie 6 from microsoft site. Its showing the progress
> > and after some time giving error "Can not install components. Close all
> > programs and Try setup again"
> > I tried many no of times. still not succeed. Not only in the browser, all
> > the windows fonts also changed to small.
> >
> > I've checked desktop properties, appearance and selected the theme
> "windows
> > standard and Desktop" still same problem.
> >
> > How can i change the font and install the browser(IE 6).
> >
> > Thanx in advance
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 5:46:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

What happens when you change the test size with IE-View-Text Size?

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, Rajani
<Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hello,
>
> Suddenly my system fonts changed to very small.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 5:46:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

If i change from the browser TextSize->Medium is default. I set to larger,
increasing a bit only. But previously it was medium and i can able to print
and see exact size what i specified.

Not only in browser, all windows has the same problem.

thanx

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> What happens when you change the test size with IE-View-Text Size?
>
> ....Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, Rajani
> <Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >hello,
> >
> > Suddenly my system fonts changed to very small.
>
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 6:33:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

"All windows" is a bit broad but have you tried changing the Item:Icon
in Control Panel-Display-Appearance tab? ("Icon" controls much of the
windows text as well as the text under icons.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html


In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, Rajani
<Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If i change from the browser TextSize->Medium is default. I set to larger,
>increasing a bit only. But previously it was medium and i can able to print
>and see exact size what i specified.
>
>Not only in browser, all windows has the same problem.
>
>thanx
>
>"Alan Edwards" wrote:
>
>> What happens when you change the test size with IE-View-Text Size?
>>
>> ....Alan
>>
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, Rajani
>> <Rajani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >hello,
>> >
>> > Suddenly my system fonts changed to very small.
>>
!