Firewire

Lindy

Just bought a case with a front firewire port, and I'm having a problem
finding a motherboard with pins that will allow a connection with the
individual wires, I can find the boards that have the compact plugs on them
that attach to the outlets on the rear. Thanks for in info.

"lindy" <ruthlindy@zinginternet.com> wrote in message

| Just bought a case with a front firewire port, and I'm having a problem
| finding a motherboard with pins that will allow a connection with the
| individual wires, I can find the boards that have the compact plugs on
them
| that attach to the outlets on the rear. Thanks for in info.

Does your case FW connector(s) have the usual four-pin configuration? My
mobo (Gigabyte GA-8KNXP) has two four-pin ports, which is where you would
connect if you have them and if they match. Describe what case provides,
connector-wise, and what you're seeing in the mobo's you're considering.

Lindy

The connectors consist of 4 wires labled tpb+ tpb- tpa+ tpa-
the board I've been looking at is the Asus p4p800 deluxe.

Lindy

I had a look at your board at New Egg and the yellow and white connectors I
don't have, I have 4 indididual connectors, I have an Enermax CS 800TA-B
case if that helps.