Cannot find server...

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 15, 2005 7:38:25 PM

Yesterday evrything was fine.
Today I encounter connection problems, first with OE and now, after solving
the issue, with IE 6, telling me
"Cannot find server or DNS Error", even though I am being connected to my
ISP, but not able to open webpages. The OE works fine, as you can see.
My firewall registers incoming TCP port scan attacks from the following
addresses: 66.131.26.15
66.6.177.65
66.6.179.176
Could that have anything to do with it?
Hopefully there is a solution for this.

Harry.

More about : find server

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 8:04:15 PM

With just a tiny bit more patience I would have solved the problem myself,
which of course I did.
After turning the PC off and back on, there was a delay in booting, because
files had to be updated. I don't recall missing a required 'restart' at any
time last night.
When I connected to the internet and opened explorer, it obeyed as always,
as did the web.
I apologize for my impatience.

Harry.

> Yesterday evrything was fine.
> Today I encounter connection problems, first with OE and now, after
solving
> the issue, with IE 6, telling me
> "Cannot find server or DNS Error", even though I am being connected to my
> ISP, but not able to open webpages. The OE works fine, as you can see.
> My firewall registers incoming TCP port scan attacks from the following
> addresses: 66.131.26.15
> 66.6.177.65
> 66.6.179.176
> Could that have anything to do with it?
> Hopefully there is a solution for this.
>
> Harry.

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 9:06:48 PM

Ah, Harry has a learning curve that is not flat.
WTG, Harry.

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------

> With just a tiny bit more patience I would have solved the problem myself,
> which of course I did.
> After turning the PC off and back on, there was a delay in booting,
because
> files had to be updated. I don't recall missing a required 'restart' at
any
> time last night.
> When I connected to the internet and opened explorer, it obeyed as always,
> as did the web.
> I apologize for my impatience.
>
> Harry.
>

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > Yesterday evrything was fine.
> > Today I encounter connection problems, first with OE and now, after
> solving
> > the issue, with IE 6, telling me
> > "Cannot find server or DNS Error", even though I am being connected to
my
> > ISP, but not able to open webpages. The OE works fine, as you can see.
> > My firewall registers incoming TCP port scan attacks from the following
> > addresses: 66.131.26.15
> > 66.6.177.65
> > 66.6.179.176
> > Could that have anything to do with it?
> > Hopefully there is a solution for this.
> >
> > Harry.

February 15, 2005 10:09:08 PM

What a little bit of humor can't do.
HTI, Jack.

Harry.

> Ah, Harry has a learning curve that is not flat.
> WTG, Harry.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/defaul...
> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
> ------
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > With just a tiny bit more patience I would have solved the problem
myself,
> > which of course I did.
> > After turning the PC off and back on, there was a delay in booting,
> because
> > files had to be updated. I don't recall missing a required 'restart' at
> any
> > time last night.
> > When I connected to the internet and opened explorer, it obeyed as
always,
> > as did the web.
> > I apologize for my impatience.
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > > Yesterday evrything was fine.
> > > Today I encounter connection problems, first with OE and now, after
> > solving
> > > the issue, with IE 6, telling me
> > > "Cannot find server or DNS Error", even though I am being connected to
> my
> > > ISP, but not able to open webpages. The OE works fine, as you can see.
> > > My firewall registers incoming TCP port scan attacks from the
following
> > > addresses: 66.131.26.15
> > > 66.6.177.65
> > > 66.6.179.176
> > > Could that have anything to do with it?
> > > Hopefully there is a solution for this.
> > >
> > > Harry.

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 12:51:24 AM

> My firewall registers incoming TCP port scan attacks from the
> following addresses: 66.131.26.15
> 66.6.177.65
> 66.6.179.176
> Could that have anything to do with it?