Cannot find server...

Yesterday evrything was fine.
Today I encounter connection problems, first with OE and now, after solving
the issue, with IE 6, telling me
"Cannot find server or DNS Error", even though I am being connected to my
ISP, but not able to open webpages. The OE works fine, as you can see.
My firewall registers incoming TCP port scan attacks from the following
addresses: 66.131.26.15
66.6.177.65
66.6.179.176
Could that have anything to do with it?
Hopefully there is a solution for this.

Harry.
4 answers Last reply
More about cannot find server

    With just a tiny bit more patience I would have solved the problem myself,
    which of course I did.
    After turning the PC off and back on, there was a delay in booting, because
    files had to be updated. I don't recall missing a required 'restart' at any
    time last night.
    When I connected to the internet and opened explorer, it obeyed as always,
    as did the web.
    I apologize for my impatience.

    Harry.

    > Yesterday evrything was fine.
    > Today I encounter connection problems, first with OE and now, after
    solving
    > the issue, with IE 6, telling me
    > "Cannot find server or DNS Error", even though I am being connected to my
    > ISP, but not able to open webpages. The OE works fine, as you can see.
    > My firewall registers incoming TCP port scan attacks from the following
    > addresses: 66.131.26.15
    > 66.6.177.65
    > 66.6.179.176
    > Could that have anything to do with it?
    > Hopefully there is a solution for this.
    >
    > Harry.

    Ah, Harry has a learning curve that is not flat.
    WTG, Harry.

    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------

    > With just a tiny bit more patience I would have solved the problem myself,
    > which of course I did.
    > After turning the PC off and back on, there was a delay in booting,
    because
    > files had to be updated. I don't recall missing a required 'restart' at
    any
    > time last night.
    > When I connected to the internet and opened explorer, it obeyed as always,
    > as did the web.
    > I apologize for my impatience.
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > > Yesterday evrything was fine.
    > > Today I encounter connection problems, first with OE and now, after
    > solving
    > > the issue, with IE 6, telling me
    > > "Cannot find server or DNS Error", even though I am being connected to
    my
    > > ISP, but not able to open webpages. The OE works fine, as you can see.
    > > My firewall registers incoming TCP port scan attacks from the following
    > > addresses: 66.131.26.15
    > > 66.6.177.65
    > > 66.6.179.176
    > > Could that have anything to do with it?
    > > Hopefully there is a solution for this.
    > >
    > > Harry.

    What a little bit of humor can't do.
    HTI, Jack.

    Harry.

    > Ah, Harry has a learning curve that is not flat.
    > WTG, Harry.

    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ------
    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > With just a tiny bit more patience I would have solved the problem
    myself,
    > > which of course I did.
    > > After turning the PC off and back on, there was a delay in booting,
    > because
    > > files had to be updated. I don't recall missing a required 'restart' at
    > any
    > > time last night.
    > > When I connected to the internet and opened explorer, it obeyed as
    always,
    > > as did the web.
    > > I apologize for my impatience.
    > >
    > > Harry.
    > >

    > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > > > Yesterday evrything was fine.
    > > > Today I encounter connection problems, first with OE and now, after
    > > solving
    > > > the issue, with IE 6, telling me
    > > > "Cannot find server or DNS Error", even though I am being connected to
    > my
    > > > ISP, but not able to open webpages. The OE works fine, as you can see.
    > > > My firewall registers incoming TCP port scan attacks from the
    following
    > > > addresses: 66.131.26.15
    > > > 66.6.177.65
    > > > 66.6.179.176
    > > > Could that have anything to do with it?
    > > > Hopefully there is a solution for this.
    > > >
    > > > Harry.

    > My firewall registers incoming TCP port scan attacks from the
    > following addresses: 66.131.26.15
    > 66.6.177.65
    > 66.6.179.176
    > Could that have anything to do with it?

    No.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    webster72n <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:

    > Yesterday evrything was fine.
    > Today I encounter connection problems, first with OE and now, after
    > solving the issue, with IE 6, telling me
    > "Cannot find server or DNS Error", even though I am being connected
    > to my ISP, but not able to open webpages. The OE works fine, as you
    > can see.
    > My firewall registers incoming TCP port scan attacks from the
    > following addresses: 66.131.26.15
    > 66.6.177.65
    > 66.6.179.176
    > Could that have anything to do with it?
    > Hopefully there is a solution for this.

Internet Service Providers Servers Windows