Outlook Express problem

When retreiving mail OEand Netscape mail hangs up on big files
(attachments) and forwarded files.
In the close program menu Ccapp is not responding. Ccapp is the part
of Norton Anti Virus that checks incoming and outgoing email. Has
anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any idea how to rectify the
problem? No firewall.
Win ME
Pentioum IV
OE 6 SP1
IE 6 SP1
512mb

Tia,
Walt

Walt,

You probably know the answer already. <g> The problem is NAV which is
basically not compatible with Win Me and you would probably much better
served and have less problems by using another AV application - that is
any other AV application than NAV.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

vzlion <skeeter@tritel.net> wrote:

> When retreiving mail OEand Netscape mail hangs up on big files
> (attachments) and forwarded files.
> In the close program menu Ccapp is not responding. Ccapp is the part
> of Norton Anti Virus that checks incoming and outgoing email. Has
> anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any idea how to rectify the
> problem? No firewall.
> Win ME
> Pentioum IV
> OE 6 SP1
> IE 6 SP1
> 512mb

PS I clicked send before completing my message. The immediate solution
to your problem should be to disable e-mail scanning in NAV. This does
little other than cause the problems you are seeing. Don't worry, this
doesn't make you any more vulnerable to viruses as any attachments you
receive will still be scanned in real time as and when you choose to open
them.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

vzlion <skeeter@tritel.net> wrote:

> When retreiving mail OEand Netscape mail hangs up on big files
> (attachments) and forwarded files.
> In the close program menu Ccapp is not responding. Ccapp is the part
> of Norton Anti Virus that checks incoming and outgoing email. Has
> anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any idea how to rectify the
> problem? No firewall.
> Win ME
> Pentioum IV
> OE 6 SP1
> IE 6 SP1
> 512mb

Thanks for the info. I'll try that.

Walt

"vzlion" <skeeter@tritel.net> wrote in message
> When retreiving mail OEand Netscape mail hangs up on big files
> (attachments) and forwarded files.
> In the close program menu Ccapp is not responding. Ccapp is the part
> of Norton Anti Virus that checks incoming and outgoing email. Has
> anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any idea how to rectify the
> problem? No firewall.
> Win ME
> Pentioum IV
> OE 6 SP1