Outlook Express problem

When retreiving mail OEand Netscape mail hangs up on big files
(attachments) and forwarded files.
In the close program menu Ccapp is not responding. Ccapp is the part
of Norton Anti Virus that checks incoming and outgoing email. Has
anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any idea how to rectify the
problem? No firewall.
Win ME
Pentioum IV
OE 6 SP1
IE 6 SP1
512mb

Tia,
Walt
5 answers Last reply
More about outlook express problem

    Walt,

    You probably know the answer already. <g> The problem is NAV which is
    basically not compatible with Win Me and you would probably much better
    served and have less problems by using another AV application - that is
    any other AV application than NAV.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    vzlion <skeeter@tritel.net> wrote:

    > When retreiving mail OEand Netscape mail hangs up on big files
    > (attachments) and forwarded files.
    > In the close program menu Ccapp is not responding. Ccapp is the part
    > of Norton Anti Virus that checks incoming and outgoing email. Has
    > anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any idea how to rectify the
    > problem? No firewall.
    > Win ME
    > Pentioum IV
    > OE 6 SP1
    > IE 6 SP1
    > 512mb

    PS I clicked send before completing my message. The immediate solution
    to your problem should be to disable e-mail scanning in NAV. This does
    little other than cause the problems you are seeing. Don't worry, this
    doesn't make you any more vulnerable to viruses as any attachments you
    receive will still be scanned in real time as and when you choose to open
    them.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    vzlion <skeeter@tritel.net> wrote:

    > When retreiving mail OEand Netscape mail hangs up on big files
    > (attachments) and forwarded files.
    > In the close program menu Ccapp is not responding. Ccapp is the part
    > of Norton Anti Virus that checks incoming and outgoing email. Has
    > anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any idea how to rectify the
    > problem? No firewall.
    > Win ME
    > Pentioum IV
    > OE 6 SP1
    > IE 6 SP1
    > 512mb

    Thanks for the info. I'll try that.

    Walt

    "vzlion" <skeeter@tritel.net> wrote in message
    > When retreiving mail OEand Netscape mail hangs up on big files
    > (attachments) and forwarded files.
    > In the close program menu Ccapp is not responding. Ccapp is the part
    > of Norton Anti Virus that checks incoming and outgoing email. Has
    > anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any idea how to rectify the
    > problem? No firewall.
    > Win ME
    > Pentioum IV
    > OE 6 SP1
    > IE 6 SP1
    > 512mb
    >
    > Tia,
    > Walt

    Try here: www.tomsterdam.com for info on OE problems.
    John

    Thanks John

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:15:25 -0000, "John..." <me@here.com> wrote:

    >"vzlion" <skeeter@tritel.net> wrote in message
    >> When retreiving mail OEand Netscape mail hangs up on big files
    >> (attachments) and forwarded files.
    >> In the close program menu Ccapp is not responding. Ccapp is the part
    >> of Norton Anti Virus that checks incoming and outgoing email. Has
    >> anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any idea how to rectify the
    >> problem? No firewall.
    >> Win ME
    >> Pentioum IV
    >> OE 6 SP1