WinXP Initial Connection - Can it connect PRIOR to user lo..

Win XP Pro
windows is managing the wireless and I have the order of preferred networks
correct.

What i would like to have happen is : when the laptop is powered on, prior
to any user logging in, i would like for PC to make the wirless network
connection. I have remote control software (ex:pC AnyWhere) running as a
service on startup. With a standard lan connection I can remote in prior to
anyone logging in, with the wireless, someone has to login before the
wireless connection is made.

Any & all suggestions appreciated!

I am not sure if you can or cannot do this with the XP zero configuration
(someone else may know) but you certainly can do it with the Funk Odyssey
Client.

http://www.funk.com/radius/wlan/wlan_c_radius.asp

You would have to pay for this, after a demo trial, but it can be set for
the 'System/machine' to logon to the wireless network. This always happens
before any user logs on. I have this running successfully, and with WPA2, on
both XP Prof and 2000 Prof.

Mike Bernstein

"Dale" <dale@mtech1_NoSpam.net> wrote in message
> Win XP Pro
> windows is managing the wireless and I have the order of preferred
> networks
> correct.
>
> What i would like to have happen is : when the laptop is powered on, prior
> to any user logging in, i would like for PC to make the wirless network
> connection. I have remote control software (ex:pC AnyWhere) running as a
> service on startup. With a standard lan connection I can remote in prior
> anyone logging in, with the wireless, someone has to login before the
> wireless connection is made.
>
> Any & all suggestions appreciated!

Yes.

The Windows Wireless Zero Configuration service establishes connection as
soon as it loads. We load before the Winlogon event so this meets all of
your requirements.

--
Jerry Peterson
Windows Network Services - Wireless