Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Hi all, I have a problem with my Sony DVD burner.
Last week I put a new motherboard in my pc but then when I tried to write to
a DVD I got an error message "power calibration error".
It still reads DVD's and it will read and write to CD's.
Could this be a driver issue or is my DVD burner kaput.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
Simon.

Fitz

Try this thread:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/93406

or do a "google" search for "Sony power calibration problems"...there are a
number of hits to review.

Basically, it's possible the problem is not the burner, but the media being
used and/or the program used to burn. It could also be the firmware version
of the DVD burner- make sure you have the latest. Update your DVD burning
program if you haven't already done so.

Fitz