su0410 error

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

i'm trying to load windows me, but when i get to the "checking installed
components" i get a su0410 error - c:\wininsto400\msdxwin.inf
missing/damaged or not enough memory.

1) What is this file? how can i re-install it from my windows 98 cd
2) when it says not enough memory does it mean memory on hard drive or RAM?
what's the minimum RAM for windows me?

Peter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Peter, can you please confirm - or rather expand - your answer(s) to Noel in
your previous thread.

Noel asked :-
"What is the source of the disk? - is it one that was prepared by an OEM
specifically for the laptop you used it on?

You replied :-
"The software didn't work on my pc, so i tried it on my laptop - just to see
if there was a problem with the disks (bought new and sealed)."

In other words, are you using a 'genuine' MS WinMe (retail) either Full or
Upgrade CD, or is it an OEM CD?

You refer to "disks" (bought new and sealed) - which suggests that they are
OEM CD's. If so, and this is where the water becomes muddier, it is VERY
UNLIKELY that they will let you 'upgrade' your current system. Hence the
error report. However, you *may* be able to do a 'clean install'

Please give details of your "bought new and sealed disks" as requested by
Noel in his final post in the previous thread. My guess is that it's not a
memory issue that you have, but the SU0410 error is referring to you
attempting to 'upgade' from OEM disks, or a 'mismatch' due to
machine-specific OEM disks.

BTW - The minimum requirement of RAM being 32Mb - according to the
'setuptip.txt' file on an MS WinMe (retail) CD.

Mart

"Peter Brown" <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> i'm trying to load windows me, but when i get to the "checking installed
> components" i get a su0410 error - c:\wininsto400\msdxwin.inf
> missing/damaged or not enough memory.
>
> 1) What is this file? how can i re-install it from my windows 98 cd
> 2) when it says not enough memory does it mean memory on hard drive or
> RAM?
> what's the minimum RAM for windows me?
>
> Peter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

OK, so how would i do a clean install. Format the hard drive and start
again?
"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Peter, can you please confirm - or rather expand - your answer(s) to Noel
in
> your previous thread.
>
> Noel asked :-
> "What is the source of the disk? - is it one that was prepared by an OEM
> specifically for the laptop you used it on?
>
> You replied :-
> "The software didn't work on my pc, so i tried it on my laptop - just to
see
> if there was a problem with the disks (bought new and sealed)."
>
> In other words, are you using a 'genuine' MS WinMe (retail) either Full or
> Upgrade CD, or is it an OEM CD?
>
> You refer to "disks" (bought new and sealed) - which suggests that they
are
> OEM CD's. If so, and this is where the water becomes muddier, it is VERY
> UNLIKELY that they will let you 'upgrade' your current system. Hence the
> error report. However, you *may* be able to do a 'clean install'
>
> Please give details of your "bought new and sealed disks" as requested by
> Noel in his final post in the previous thread. My guess is that it's not a
> memory issue that you have, but the SU0410 error is referring to you
> attempting to 'upgade' from OEM disks, or a 'mismatch' due to
> machine-specific OEM disks.
>
> BTW - The minimum requirement of RAM being 32Mb - according to the
> 'setuptip.txt' file on an MS WinMe (retail) CD.
>
> Mart
>

> "Peter Brown" <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > i'm trying to load windows me, but when i get to the "checking installed
> > components" i get a su0410 error - c:\wininsto400\msdxwin.inf
> > missing/damaged or not enough memory.
> >
> > 1) What is this file? how can i re-install it from my windows 98 cd
> > 2) when it says not enough memory does it mean memory on hard drive or
> > RAM?
> > what's the minimum RAM for windows me?
> >
> > Peter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Yes!

But as you still haven't identified your "disks" (bought new and sealed)
then I suggest you read the following which *should* cover most situations.

If you intend using an OEM 'Recovery' CD to re-install from, then read the
manufactures handbook for instructions, otherwise:-

Assuming that you are intending to do a clean install using an MS (retail)
WnMe CD (or OEM, but see later), take a look at (and print out) the
"cleanhd.txt" file in the win9x folder on your WinMe CD. You can also view
the "Windows Millennium Edition Cleanhd.txt File Contents" at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;271673
Study it carefully and be sure you have a note of your product key code
(the 25 digit code that is supplied with your CD) and - if your WinMe CD is
an 'upgrade' version (rather than a 'full version') - some proof of a
'previous version' - e.g. a Win98 CD (N.B not required for OEM)

Before you go any further, you really ought to study the following KB
article, "How to Use the Fdisk Tool and the Format Tool to Partition or
Repartition a Hard Disk" to confirm that you've formatted your disk
correctly for WinMe
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255867

HTH and good luck

> OK, so how would i do a clean install. Format the hard drive and start
> again?
> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Peter, can you please confirm - or rather expand - your answer(s) to Noel
> in
>> your previous thread.
>>
>> Noel asked :-
>> "What is the source of the disk? - is it one that was prepared by an OEM
>> specifically for the laptop you used it on?
>>
>> You replied :-
>> "The software didn't work on my pc, so i tried it on my laptop - just to
> see
>> if there was a problem with the disks (bought new and sealed)."
>>
>> In other words, are you using a 'genuine' MS WinMe (retail) either Full
>> or
>> Upgrade CD, or is it an OEM CD?
>>
>> You refer to "disks" (bought new and sealed) - which suggests that they
> are
>> OEM CD's. If so, and this is where the water becomes muddier, it is VERY
>> UNLIKELY that they will let you 'upgrade' your current system. Hence the
>> error report. However, you *may* be able to do a 'clean install'
>>
>> Please give details of your "bought new and sealed disks" as requested by
>> Noel in his final post in the previous thread. My guess is that it's not
>> memory issue that you have, but the SU0410 error is referring to you
>> attempting to 'upgade' from OEM disks, or a 'mismatch' due to
>> machine-specific OEM disks.
>>
>> BTW - The minimum requirement of RAM being 32Mb - according to the
>> 'setuptip.txt' file on an MS WinMe (retail) CD.
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Peter Brown" <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > i'm trying to load windows me, but when i get to the "checking
>> > installed
>> > components" i get a su0410 error - c:\wininsto400\msdxwin.inf
>> > missing/damaged or not enough memory.
>> >
>> > 1) What is this file? how can i re-install it from my windows 98 cd
>> > 2) when it says not enough memory does it mean memory on hard drive or
>> > RAM?
>> > what's the minimum RAM for windows me?
>> >
>> > Peter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Peter, just an afterthought.

As you probably don't already have a WinMe Startup (floppy) Disk - which you
may need to allow Fdisk to partition a 'large disk', plus, it will make life
easier - you can download an image from www.bootdisk.com to your existing HD
and run the utility from your HD to create a WinMe floppy start-up disk.

Mart

> [...]
>>> OEM CD's. If so, and this is where the water becomes muddier, it is VERY
>>> UNLIKELY that they will let you 'upgrade' your current system. Hence the
>>> error report. However, you *may* be able to do a 'clean install'
>>>
>>> Please give details of your "bought new and sealed disks" as requested
>>> by
>>> Noel in his final post in the previous thread. My guess is that it's not
>>> memory issue that you have, but the SU0410 error is referring to you
>>> attempting to 'upgade' from OEM disks, or a 'mismatch' due to
>>> machine-specific OEM disks.
>>>
>>> BTW - The minimum requirement of RAM being 32Mb - according to the
>>> 'setuptip.txt' file on an MS WinMe (retail) CD.
>>>
>>> Mart
>>>

>>> "Peter Brown" <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Peter,

Did you uninstall IE6.0, or downgrade it to IE5.x before trying the reinstall of WinME?

Were you running Windows Media Player 9 before trying the reinstall?

These 2 need to be removed before attempting an install of WinME on top (a.k.a. dirty install).

Please confirm if this is the case and I may have a workaround to be run from DOS (from a startup floppy boot).

Zee

"Peter Brown" <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:42131859_3@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
> i'm trying to load windows me, but when i get to the "checking installed
> components" i get a su0410 error - c:\wininsto400\msdxwin.inf
> missing/damaged or not enough memory.
>
> 1) What is this file? how can i re-install it from my windows 98 cd
> 2) when it says not enough memory does it mean memory on hard drive or RAM?
> what's the minimum RAM for windows me?
>
> Peter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Zee is correct, and the detailed removal instructions are here:

http://winnoel.users.btopenworld.com/reinME.htm

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Peter,

Did you uninstall IE6.0, or downgrade it to IE5.x before trying the
reinstall of WinME?

Were you running Windows Media Player 9 before trying the reinstall?

These 2 need to be removed before attempting an install of WinME on top
(a.k.a. dirty install).

Please confirm if this is the case and I may have a workaround to be run
from DOS (from a startup floppy boot).

Zee

"Peter Brown" <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> i'm trying to load windows me, but when i get to the "checking installed
> components" i get a su0410 error - c:\wininsto400\msdxwin.inf
> missing/damaged or not enough memory.
>
> 1) What is this file? how can i re-install it from my windows 98 cd
> 2) when it says not enough memory does it mean memory on hard drive or
RAM?
> what's the minimum RAM for windows me?
>
> Peter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

However the poster's problems have little or nothing to do with having
either IE6 or WMP9 installed.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Jack E Martinelli <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote:

> Zee is correct, and the detailed removal instructions are here:
>
> http://winnoel.users.btopenworld.com/reinME.htm

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Indeed Mike, just to remind ourselves :-

Copy of original post:-

"I'm running windows 98 and i recently tried to upgrade to windowsme. I know
that the disk is good (as i used it to upgrade my laptop). however on my pc
i get an error message SU0410. There is a file missing or corrupted
c\wininsto400. The other suggestion is that there is not enough space, but
this is impossible so it's this file. I tried to re-install windows98 to
correct the error, but it too would not install due to the same error. what
can i do? -- Peter"

IOW - WinMe ain't there in the first place <g>

Mart

> However the poster's problems have little or nothing to do with having
> either IE6 or WMP9 installed.
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Jack E Martinelli <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote:
>
>> Zee is correct, and the detailed removal instructions are here:
>>
>> http://winnoel.users.btopenworld.com/reinME.htm

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Oops! I thought Peter Brown was trying to reinstall WinME.

> Indeed Mike, just to remind ourselves :-
>
> Copy of original post:-
>
> "I'm running windows 98 and i recently tried to upgrade to windowsme. I
know
> that the disk is good (as i used it to upgrade my laptop). however on my
pc
> i get an error message SU0410. There is a file missing or corrupted
> c\wininsto400. The other suggestion is that there is not enough space, but
> this is impossible so it's this file. I tried to re-install windows98 to
> correct the error, but it too would not install due to the same error.
what
> can i do? -- Peter"
>
> IOW - WinMe ain't there in the first place <g>
>
> Mart
>

> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> > However the poster's problems have little or nothing to do with having
> > either IE6 or WMP9 installed.
> > --
> > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> > mike.maltby@gmail.com
> >

> > Jack E Martinelli <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Zee is correct, and the detailed removal instructions are here:
> >>
> >> http://winnoel.users.btopenworld.com/reinME.htm

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Mart,

I also seem to think we as yet don't know the type of CD that is being
used despite your having asked a few times for that info..
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Mart <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote:

> Indeed Mike, just to remind ourselves :-
>
> Copy of original post:-
>
> "I'm running windows 98 and i recently tried to upgrade to windowsme.
> I know that the disk is good (as i used it to upgrade my laptop).
> however on my pc i get an error message SU0410. There is a file
> missing or corrupted c\wininsto400. The other suggestion is that
> there is not enough space, but this is impossible so it's this file.
> I tried to re-install windows98 to correct the error, but it too
> would not install due to the same error. what can i do? -- Peter"
>
> IOW - WinMe ain't there in the first place <g>

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

PS Zee is however correct in that upgrading from Win98/98SE where either
one or both of IE6 or WMP9 installed could cause problems but those aren't
what is causing the SU0410 error being seen by the poster.
--
Mike

Mart <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote:

> Indeed Mike, just to remind ourselves :-
>
> Copy of original post:-
>
> "I'm running windows 98 and i recently tried to upgrade to windowsme.
> I know that the disk is good (as i used it to upgrade my laptop).
> however on my pc i get an error message SU0410. There is a file
> missing or corrupted c\wininsto400. The other suggestion is that
> there is not enough space, but this is impossible so it's this file.
> I tried to re-install windows98 to correct the error, but it too
> would not install due to the same error. what can i do? -- Peter"
>
> IOW - WinMe ain't there in the first place <g>

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

I bought a copy of Windows ME from Ebay that had been supplied to somebody
with their Compaq PC. I did so in order to upgrade my OS so that I could run
other software. What I can't understand is that I don't get the same error
message on my PC and my laptop. The PC has '98 (I still have the original
CDs), whereas the laptop had 98 pre-installed. After I had the problems on
the PC, and thinking that I'd been duped I put the CD into the laptop and it
worked! I was given the option in both case of "upgrading" the OS system and
it worked on one PC and not on the other.

Peter

> PS Zee is however correct in that upgrading from Win98/98SE where either
> one or both of IE6 or WMP9 installed could cause problems but those aren't
> what is causing the SU0410 error being seen by the poster.
> --
> Mike
>

> Mart <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > Indeed Mike, just to remind ourselves :-
> >
> > Copy of original post:-
> >
> > "I'm running windows 98 and i recently tried to upgrade to windowsme.
> > I know that the disk is good (as i used it to upgrade my laptop).
> > however on my pc i get an error message SU0410. There is a file
> > missing or corrupted c\wininsto400. The other suggestion is that
> > there is not enough space, but this is impossible so it's this file.
> > I tried to re-install windows98 to correct the error, but it too
> > would not install due to the same error. what can i do? -- Peter"
> >
> > IOW - WinMe ain't there in the first place <g>

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Peter,

Make of laptop? Make of PC?
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Peter Brown <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> I bought a copy of Windows ME from Ebay that had been supplied to
> somebody with their Compaq PC. I did so in order to upgrade my OS so
> that I could run other software. What I can't understand is that I
> don't get the same error message on my PC and my laptop. The PC has
> '98 (I still have the original CDs), whereas the laptop had 98
> pre-installed. After I had the problems on the PC, and thinking that
> I'd been duped I put the CD into the laptop and it worked! I was
> given the option in both case of "upgrading" the OS system and it
> worked on one PC and not on the other.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

dell laptop, customer made pc.to be honest i didn't think that this thread
would go on so long. i only wanted to upgrade so that i could use my camera
phone on my pc. it looks like i'm in way over my head and i'll just accept
that i can't use the camera phone

> Peter,
>
> Make of laptop? Make of PC?
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Peter Brown <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I bought a copy of Windows ME from Ebay that had been supplied to
> > somebody with their Compaq PC. I did so in order to upgrade my OS so
> > that I could run other software. What I can't understand is that I
> > don't get the same error message on my PC and my laptop. The PC has
> > '98 (I still have the original CDs), whereas the laptop had 98
> > pre-installed. After I had the problems on the PC, and thinking that
> > I'd been duped I put the CD into the laptop and it worked! I was
> > given the option in both case of "upgrading" the OS system and it
> > worked on one PC and not on the other.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

One further thing I should add is that I thought that there was a problem
with my PC's version of windows98 and I tried to re-install it and....had
the same error message!

> dell laptop, customer made pc.to be honest i didn't think that this
thread
> would go on so long. i only wanted to upgrade so that i could use my
camera
> phone on my pc. it looks like i'm in way over my head and i'll just accept
> that i can't use the camera phone
>

> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> > Peter,
> >
> > Make of laptop? Make of PC?
> > --
> > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> > mike.maltby@gmail.com
> >

> > Peter Brown <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > I bought a copy of Windows ME from Ebay that had been supplied to
> > > somebody with their Compaq PC. I did so in order to upgrade my OS so
> > > that I could run other software. What I can't understand is that I
> > > don't get the same error message on my PC and my laptop. The PC has
> > > '98 (I still have the original CDs), whereas the laptop had 98
> > > pre-installed. After I had the problems on the PC, and thinking that
> > > I'd been duped I put the CD into the laptop and it worked! I was
> > > given the option in both case of "upgrading" the OS system and it
> > > worked on one PC and not on the other.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Which now suggests that the version of Win98 on your desktop PC may have
been installed from an OEM copy.

If so, it might be worth looking at your c:\wininsto400\msdxwin.inf file
with notepad and confirming the
Signature="$CHICAGO$" entry, as per the KB article :- "PRB: Error During
Preinstallation of Third-Party Driver"

> One further thing I should add is that I thought that there was a problem
> with my PC's version of windows98 and I tried to re-install it and....had
> the same error message!
>
> "Peter Brown" <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> dell laptop, customer made pc.to be honest i didn't think that this
> thread
>> would go on so long. i only wanted to upgrade so that i could use my
> camera
>> phone on my pc. it looks like i'm in way over my head and i'll just
>> accept
>> that i can't use the camera phone
>>

>> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
>> > Peter,
>> >
>> > Make of laptop? Make of PC?
>> > --
>> > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
>> > mike.maltby@gmail.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Please help: what does OEM mean? The disks for the PC version of '98 were
new and sealed, with the booklets, codes etc. etc.

I tried to find the file (I went Search C drive for "*msdxwin.inf") and
nothing came up. It would appear the file is missing rather than damaged. If
I use the explorer and open the C drive there is no wininsto400 folder or
file

Peter wrote :-

> Please help: what does OEM mean?

OEM = Other Equipment Manufacturer

In simple terms, it means that MS produce their 'standard' public versions
of Windows operating systems (OS) in boxed retail format where MS are
responsible for help and support - reflected in their retail prices.

However, MS also sell (under licence) their product to OEM's who in turn
(may) 'tailor' it to suite their own specifications to match their hardware
and 'bundle' it in the OEM's package, Hence it may well be 'machine
specific". This helps sell OEM hardware products, but as part of their
licence with MS, they (the OEM) are required to provide help and support -
again, reflected in the cost to the OEM of the MS operating system (OS).

Sometimes, OEM's only supply 'Recovery' CD's to the End User (You!), which
are very unlikely to let you 'update/upgrade' an earlier OS to a later one.

So KB189143 'appears' to be suggesting that a discrepancy exists, in other
words you may have an OEM vs. MS soup. Hence the need to try to determine
exactly what disks you have. You say the PC (desktop?) was 'customer made'.
You *may* need to consult the original customer (OEM <g>) for guidance -
particularly the source of his original Win98 installation disk.

A possible clue may be that the update/upgrade is looking for the
non-existent c:\wininsto400\msdxwin.inf file and path.
And there *may* be a fix to overcome that situation. I've never been there
myself, but I'm sure that if someone seen it before, they're bound to jump
in and let us know.

But as I said before, you *may* still be able to 'clean install' WinMe using
the WinMe CD which you have. And, the method you decide to use depends on
the above factors, but is generally outlined in my earlier post.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Mart wrote:

> OEM = Other Equipment Manufacturer

"Original" Equipment Manufacturer Mart.

John

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

So in summary: even if i'd never bought the windows me disk there is
something wrong with my pc as i can't re-install windows '98 as i get the
same error message. The disks are the originals and the only version of '98
that i've ever had (so no chance of mix-ups). Why does the install process
look for this non-existant file when i'm just trying to re-install '98???

> [...]
> >> Which now suggests that the version of Win98 on your desktop PC may
have
> >> been installed from an OEM copy.
> >>
> >> If so, it might be worth looking at your c:\wininsto400\msdxwin.inf
file
> >> with notepad and confirming the
> >> Signature="$CHICAGO$" entry, as per the KB article :- "PRB: Error
During
> >> Preinstallation of Third-Party Driver"
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/189143/EN-US/
> >>
> >> Mart
> >>

> >> "Peter Brown" <solvino@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > problem
> > and....had

OS
> > so
> > that

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Did you check for the $CHICAGO$ signature like someone else suggested
earlier? When looking for the file did you make sure that "Show
hidden/system files" was set properly?

John

Peter Brown wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>>I tried to find the file (I went Search C drive for "*msdxwin.inf") and
>>>nothing came up. It would appear the file is missing rather than
>
> damaged.
>
>>>If
>>>I use the explorer and open the C drive there is no wininsto400 folder
>
> or
>
>>>file
>>>

>>>"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message

> have

> file

> During

>>>problem

>>>and....had

> OS
>
>>>so

>>>that

> it

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Err.. Ooops - a 'senior' moment <g>

It was just to see if anyone would spot my deliberate mistake - if only.

Mart

"John John" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Mart wrote:
>
>> OEM = Other Equipment Manufacturer
>
> "Original" Equipment Manufacturer Mart.
>
> John

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Probably just a "typo" Mart. ;-)

John

Mart wrote:

> Err.. Ooops - a 'senior' moment <g>
>
> It was just to see if anyone would spot my deliberate mistake - if only.
>
> Mart
>

> "John John" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
>
>>Mart wrote:
>>

>>>OEM = Other Equipment Manufacturer
>>
>>"Original" Equipment Manufacturer Mart.
>>
>>John

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general,microsoft.public.windowsme.setup (More info?)

Oh! yes of course, John. Thanks for recognising it - finger trouble <g>