used agp-card

Thx you all guys for replying the question about "installing MoBo"

My next question is, I have a Matrox video card(Dualhead G450) for AGP slot.
My MoBo has a AGP8x slot,but my Matrox card is for a normal AGP slot. Can I
use it anyway.
Or do I have to use AGP8x video-cards .
thx
françois

Thx for the quick reply,
the MoBo is asus a7n8x-e

<fder.nospam@home.nl> schreef in bericht

fder.nospam@home.nl wrote:
> Thx you all guys for replying the question about "installing MoBo"
>
> My next question is, I have a Matrox video card(Dualhead G450) for AGP slot.
> My MoBo has a AGP8x slot,but my Matrox card is for a normal AGP slot. Can I
> use it anyway.
> Or do I have to use AGP8x video-cards .
> thx
> françois

These AGP slots are generally backward compatible. I have 4x/8x slot and I have put a 8MB 2X card. It works just fine.
Try it out.
-Samik

fder.nospam@home.nl wrote:
> Thx you all guys for replying the question about "installing MoBo"
>
> My next question is, I have a Matrox video card(Dualhead G450) for AGP slot.
> My MoBo has a AGP8x slot,but my Matrox card is for a normal AGP slot. Can I
> use it anyway.
> Or do I have to use AGP8x video-cards .
> thx
> françois

I don't know which motherboard you're talking about. Is it AGP 4x/8x or
8x only? I know the AGP 3 standard for 4x and 8x uses cards keyed for
1.5V but only uses 0.8V, so the card should work in there...I think.
According to this site I'm right, and that card should be supported:
http://www.directron.com/15agpguide.html
because it's a 4x compatible card:
http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_g450/home.cfm

neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

fder.nospam@home.nl wrote:
> Thx for the quick reply,
> the MoBo is asus a7n8x-e

Do you mean the a7n8x-e Deluxe? If so, then according to the E1322
manual the AGP slot "supports AGP8X/4X cards", so the matrox G450 should
be fine in there. It's not my system, but if it were I would have no
problem trying the card on that board.

> <fder.nospam@home.nl> schreef in bericht
>
>>Thx you all guys for replying the question about "installing MoBo"
>>
>>My next question is, I have a Matrox video card(Dualhead G450) for AGP
>
> slot.
>
>>My MoBo has a AGP8x slot,but my Matrox card is for a normal AGP slot. Can

>>use it anyway.
>>Or do I have to use AGP8x video-cards .
>>thx
>>françois

neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

Thx
After reading all the comments I would have taken an other board too, but
now Ill try to make the best of it

thx spodosaurus