window xp freezes...

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 17, 2005 1:43:04 PM

Hi. Today I installed magic dvd ripper v3.0 and about 9 mins into the dvd rip
windows xp freezes my mouse and keyboard and I have to restart the system. I
really want this program to work since I bought it to backup my dvd movies.
Any suggestions on how I can fix this. It takes 25 mins to rip but about 9
mins into this process I have to reboot. I shouldn't be having this problem
as I have the latest updates thru windows xp (sp2) and I also have an Athlon
XP 3GHz system with 512mb RAM and 250GB HDD. I also contacted magic dvd
ripper support via email however I haven't received a response yet and I
think this might be a windows xp issue. YOu can contact me via email at
bluefreeze@bellsouth.net if you know how I can fix this problem. Thanks!

-BlueFreeze

More about : window freezes

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 3:41:06 PM

Sorry, I didn't see the ME in the subject. I already posted n the XP group.
Thanks!
-BlueFreeze

"BlueFreeze" wrote:

> Hi. Today I installed magic dvd ripper v3.0 and about 9 mins into the dvd rip
> windows xp freezes my mouse and keyboard and I have to restart the system. I
> really want this program to work since I bought it to backup my dvd movies.
> Any suggestions on how I can fix this. It takes 25 mins to rip but about 9
> mins into this process I have to reboot. I shouldn't be having this problem
> as I have the latest updates thru windows xp (sp2) and I also have an Athlon
> XP 3GHz system with 512mb RAM and 250GB HDD. I also contacted magic dvd
> ripper support via email however I haven't received a response yet and I
> think this might be a windows xp issue. YOu can contact me via email at
> bluefreeze@bellsouth.net if you know how I can fix this problem. Thanks!
>
> -BlueFreeze

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 5:49:25 PM

You should ask in an XP group or check the software maker's support site.

John

BlueFreeze wrote:
> Hi. Today I installed magic dvd ripper v3.0 and about 9 mins into the dvd rip
> windows xp freezes my mouse and keyboard and I have to restart the system. I
> really want this program to work since I bought it to backup my dvd movies.
> Any suggestions on how I can fix this. It takes 25 mins to rip but about 9
> mins into this process I have to reboot. I shouldn't be having this problem
> as I have the latest updates thru windows xp (sp2) and I also have an Athlon
> XP 3GHz system with 512mb RAM and 250GB HDD. I also contacted magic dvd
> ripper support via email however I haven't received a response yet and I
> think this might be a windows xp issue. YOu can contact me via email at
> bluefreeze@bellsouth.net if you know how I can fix this problem. Thanks!
>
> -BlueFreeze

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 9:48:31 PM

This newsgroup is a support forum for those running the Win Me operating
system. May I suggest that you post details of your problem to a
newsgroup supporting XP such as microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

!