window xp freezes...

Hi. Today I installed magic dvd ripper v3.0 and about 9 mins into the dvd rip
windows xp freezes my mouse and keyboard and I have to restart the system. I
really want this program to work since I bought it to backup my dvd movies.
Any suggestions on how I can fix this. It takes 25 mins to rip but about 9
mins into this process I have to reboot. I shouldn't be having this problem
as I have the latest updates thru windows xp (sp2) and I also have an Athlon
XP 3GHz system with 512mb RAM and 250GB HDD. I also contacted magic dvd
ripper support via email however I haven't received a response yet and I
think this might be a windows xp issue. YOu can contact me via email at
bluefreeze@bellsouth.net if you know how I can fix this problem. Thanks!

-BlueFreeze
3 answers Last reply
More about window freezes

    Sorry, I didn't see the ME in the subject. I already posted n the XP group.
    Thanks!
    -BlueFreeze

    "BlueFreeze" wrote:

    > Hi. Today I installed magic dvd ripper v3.0 and about 9 mins into the dvd rip
    > windows xp freezes my mouse and keyboard and I have to restart the system. I
    > really want this program to work since I bought it to backup my dvd movies.
    > Any suggestions on how I can fix this. It takes 25 mins to rip but about 9
    > mins into this process I have to reboot. I shouldn't be having this problem
    > as I have the latest updates thru windows xp (sp2) and I also have an Athlon
    > XP 3GHz system with 512mb RAM and 250GB HDD. I also contacted magic dvd
    > ripper support via email however I haven't received a response yet and I
    > think this might be a windows xp issue. YOu can contact me via email at
    > bluefreeze@bellsouth.net if you know how I can fix this problem. Thanks!
    >
    > -BlueFreeze

    You should ask in an XP group or check the software maker's support site.

    John

    BlueFreeze wrote:
    > Hi. Today I installed magic dvd ripper v3.0 and about 9 mins into the dvd rip
    > windows xp freezes my mouse and keyboard and I have to restart the system. I
    > really want this program to work since I bought it to backup my dvd movies.
    > Any suggestions on how I can fix this. It takes 25 mins to rip but about 9
    > mins into this process I have to reboot. I shouldn't be having this problem
    > as I have the latest updates thru windows xp (sp2) and I also have an Athlon
    > XP 3GHz system with 512mb RAM and 250GB HDD. I also contacted magic dvd
    > ripper support via email however I haven't received a response yet and I
    > think this might be a windows xp issue. YOu can contact me via email at
    > bluefreeze@bellsouth.net if you know how I can fix this problem. Thanks!
    >
    > -BlueFreeze

    This newsgroup is a support forum for those running the Win Me operating
    system. May I suggest that you post details of your problem to a
    newsgroup supporting XP such as microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    BlueFreeze <BlueFreeze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Hi. Today I installed magic dvd ripper v3.0 and about 9 mins into the
    > dvd rip windows xp freezes my mouse and keyboard and I have to
    > restart the system. I really want this program to work since I bought
    > it to backup my dvd movies. Any suggestions on how I can fix this. It
    > takes 25 mins to rip but about 9 mins into this process I have to
    > reboot. I shouldn't be having this problem as I have the latest
    > updates thru windows xp (sp2) and I also have an Athlon XP 3GHz
    > system with 512mb RAM and 250GB HDD. I also contacted magic dvd
    > ripper support via email however I haven't received a response yet
    > and I think this might be a windows xp issue. YOu can contact me via
    > email at bluefreeze@bellsouth.net if you know how I can fix this
    > problem. Thanks!
    >
    > -BlueFreeze

DVD Windows XP Windows