GMail Drive

During my research on gmail I came across this quite useful tool. It hasn't
been mentioned on this NG before, according to my knowledge, and therefore I
would like to bring it to your attention.
The link to the download site is: www.viksoe.dk.
See if you like it, its free.

Harry.

The link needed to be amended with /gmail/ .

> During my research on gmail I came across this quite useful tool. It
hasn't
> been mentioned on this NG before, according to my knowledge, and therefore
> would like to bring it to your attention.
> The link to the download site is: www.viksoe.dk/gmail/..
> See if you like it, its free.
>
> Harry.

What - no Takers?
If so, why not?

Harry.

> The link needed to be amended with /gmail/ .
>

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > During my research on gmail I came across this quite useful tool. It
> hasn't
> > been mentioned on this NG before, according to my knowledge, and
therefore
> > would like to bring it to your attention.
> > The link to the download site is: www.viksoe.dk/gmail/..
> > See if you like it, its free.
> >
> > Harry.

Well you didn't actually say what it is or does and I for one will not
click on a link without knowing more about it.
Joan

webster72n wrote:
> What - no Takers?
> If so, why not?
>
> Harry.

Joan:

Its a simple drive, called 'GMail Drive', which gets installed under 'My
Computer' and allows you to quickly access all your browser utilities.
I found it to be an exceptional tool, which is related to GMail (I think)
and do not suspect any 'foul play'.
You can look it up by clicking on 'More..' on the privacy page of GMail.
Surprisingly noone seems to know about it.
It can always be uninstalled, if not needed or wanted.
But this is not a promotion, simply a 'road sign'.
The choice is yours.
Thanks for responding, Joan.

Harry.

"Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Well you didn't actually say what it is or does and I for one will not
> click on a link without knowing more about it.
> Joan
>
> webster72n wrote:
> > What - no Takers?
> > If so, why not?
> >
> > Harry.

It's far from 'simple'. Harry!

Basically, The 'GMail Drive' is an email engine that is capable of
interacting with your Gmail mailbox so as to make it look like an extra 2GB
of storage space.
This may be useful if you have high-speed internet access, and need to be
able to move around with files available at multiple locations - but
personally, I'll stick with a pen-drive or two.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> Joan:
>
> Its a simple drive, called 'GMail Drive', which gets installed under 'My
> Computer' and allows you to quickly access all your browser utilities.
> I found it to be an exceptional tool, which is related to GMail (I think)
> and do not suspect any 'foul play'.
> You can look it up by clicking on 'More..' on the privacy page of GMail.
> Surprisingly noone seems to know about it.
> It can always be uninstalled, if not needed or wanted.
> But this is not a promotion, simply a 'road sign'.
> The choice is yours.
> Thanks for responding, Joan.
>
> Harry.
>
> "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Well you didn't actually say what it is or does and I for one will not
>> click on a link without knowing more about it.
>> Joan
>>
>> webster72n wrote:
>> > What - no Takers?
>> > If so, why not?
>> >
>> > Harry.

Noel:

Doesn't look complicated to me.
On the other hand it shows you how much I know.
I like it, because it gives me quick access to gmail and my favorites, as
well as to other features, some of which you mentioned.
All in all, it's nothing to be afraid of, am I correct on that?
One can take it or leave it.
Thank you for your contribution, Noel.

Harry, old and always open to suggestions.

> It's far from 'simple'. Harry!
>
> Basically, The 'GMail Drive' is an email engine that is capable of
> interacting with your Gmail mailbox so as to make it look like an extra
2GB
> of storage space.
> This may be useful if you have high-speed internet access, and need to be
> able to move around with files available at multiple locations - but
> personally, I'll stick with a pen-drive or two.
>

> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > Joan:
> >
> > Its a simple drive, called 'GMail Drive', which gets installed under 'My
> > Computer' and allows you to quickly access all your browser utilities.
> > I found it to be an exceptional tool, which is related to GMail (I
think)
> > and do not suspect any 'foul play'.
> > You can look it up by clicking on 'More..' on the privacy page of
GMail.
> > Surprisingly noone seems to know about it.
> > It can always be uninstalled, if not needed or wanted.
> > But this is not a promotion, simply a 'road sign'.
> > The choice is yours.
> > Thanks for responding, Joan.
> >
> > Harry.
> >
> > "Joan Archer" <joanarcher@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Well you didn't actually say what it is or does and I for one will not
> >> click on a link without knowing more about it.
> >> Joan

I don't think I'll bother <g> I'll stick with my pen drive as well (I've
only got one) <g>
Joan

Noel Paton wrote:
> It's far from 'simple'. Harry!
>
> Basically, The 'GMail Drive' is an email engine that is capable of
> interacting with your Gmail mailbox so as to make it look like an extra 2GB
> of storage space.
> This may be useful if you have high-speed internet access, and need to be
> able to move around with files available at multiple locations - but
> personally, I'll stick with a pen-drive or two.

Thanks for the info but I won't bother, it's not something I need.
Joan

webster72n wrote:
> Joan:
>
> Its a simple drive, called 'GMail Drive', which gets installed under 'My
> Computer' and allows you to quickly access all your browser utilities.
> I found it to be an exceptional tool, which is related to GMail (I think)
> and do not suspect any 'foul play'.
> You can look it up by clicking on 'More..' on the privacy page of GMail.
> Surprisingly noone seems to know about it.
> It can always be uninstalled, if not needed or wanted.
> But this is not a promotion, simply a 'road sign'.
> The choice is yours.
> Thanks for responding, Joan.
>
> Harry.

That's perfectly fine with me, Joan, no harm done
on either side, I presume.
Noel mentioned it already, what's a 'pen drive'?

> Thanks for the info but I won't bother, it's not something I need.
> Joan
>
> webster72n wrote:
> > Joan:
> >
> > Its a simple drive, called 'GMail Drive', which gets installed under 'My
> > Computer' and allows you to quickly access all your browser utilities.
> > I found it to be an exceptional tool, which is related to GMail (I
think)
> > and do not suspect any 'foul play'.
> > You can look it up by clicking on 'More..' on the privacy page of
GMail.
> > Surprisingly noone seems to know about it.
> > It can always be uninstalled, if not needed or wanted.
> > But this is not a promotion, simply a 'road sign'.
> > The choice is yours.
> > Thanks for responding, Joan.
> >
> > Harry.

It's a little gadget that works as a drive when plugged into a USB port,
you can use it to carry files around from one machine to another. They
are quite small and can be carried in a pocket.
Joan

webster72n wrote:
> That's perfectly fine with me, Joan, no harm done
> on either side, I presume.
> Noel mentioned it already, what's a 'pen drive'?
>
> Harry.

More or less a storage facility, Joan, am I right?
For a 2GB size you'd pay at least $110.00.
The gmail drive is stationary, but in general serves likewise pupose,
doesn't it? And it's free.
Just a matter of personal preference.
Which makes both of us and Noel happy, correct?
On to greener pastures.

> It's a little gadget that works as a drive when plugged into a USB port,
> you can use it to carry files around from one machine to another. They
> are quite small and can be carried in a pocket.
> Joan
>
> webster72n wrote:
> > That's perfectly fine with me, Joan, no harm done
> > on either side, I presume.
> > Noel mentioned it already, what's a 'pen drive'?
> >
> > Harry.

I suppose you could say that, I don't know what size they go up to but
mine is 128M and cost about £40. It's about 3 inches by 1 inch in size
and portable so you can take it with you and work on stuff when at
another computer.
Joan

webster72n wrote:
> More or less a storage facility, Joan, am I right?
> For a 2GB size you'd pay at least $110.00.
> The gmail drive is stationary, but in general serves likewise pupose,
> doesn't it? And it's free.
> Just a matter of personal preference.
> Which makes both of us and Noel happy, correct?
> On to greener pastures.
>
> Harry.

Joan, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but ...
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=135092

Mart

>I suppose you could say that, I don't know what size they go up to but mine
>is 128M and cost about £40. It's about 3 inches by 1 inch in size and
>portable so you can take it with you and work on stuff when at another
>computer.
> Joan
>
> webster72n wrote:
>> More or less a storage facility, Joan, am I right?
>> For a 2GB size you'd pay at least $110.00.
>> The gmail drive is stationary, but in general serves likewise pupose,
>> doesn't it? And it's free.
>> Just a matter of personal preference.
>> Which makes both of us and Noel happy, correct?
>> On to greener pastures.
>>
>> Harry.

<lol> Trust you to show me that.
I can't remember actually how much it cost me as it was a while ago when
I bought it, it probably wasn't as much as I said and I think that I may
have had it in exchange for something I bought and didn't need <g>
Joan

Mart wrote:
> Joan, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but ...
> http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=135092
>
> Mart

There's also 2GB versions of pen drives available - for around £100
http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=16459

.....it's tempting........

--

> <lol> Trust you to show me that.
> I can't remember actually how much it cost me as it was a while ago when I
> bought it, it probably wasn't as much as I said and I think that I may
> have had it in exchange for something I bought and didn't need <g>
> Joan
>
> Mart wrote:
>> Joan, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but ...
>> http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=135092
>>
>> Mart

Nomad

I believe it's what's commonly known as a USB drive, a small 3.5 inch
"stick" that plugs into a USB port, in essence, adding another "drive".
They come in several GB sizes and are costed accordingly.
--
Nomad