cd tray will not open

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 18, 2005 5:29:02 PM

something is blocking my cd tray, so after every reboot I have to go to
Direct CD, to Finish, to open the draw. The drive itself works fine. I have
checked for viruses and spyware. I removed Direct CD from my start-up list,
which means that I have to hit it twice to bring it up after rebooting. I'm
stuck. thanks for your help.
Larry Dessner

More about : tray open

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 8:35:54 PM

Your post is somewhat ambiguous (to me), but it appears that your CD drive's
"open" button may have failed. Have it examined by a knowledgeable
technician.

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"ldessne" <ldessne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> something is blocking my cd tray, so after every reboot I have to go to
> Direct CD, to Finish, to open the draw. The drive itself works fine. I
have
> checked for viruses and spyware. I removed Direct CD from my start-up
list,
> which means that I have to hit it twice to bring it up after rebooting.
I'm
> stuck. thanks for your help.
> Larry Dessner
February 18, 2005 11:51:56 PM

If your "Open" button has failed try this.
Look on the front of your CD drive for a small hole. Take a
straightened paper clip, insert it in the hole and push.
Your drawer should open.

!