cd tray will not open

something is blocking my cd tray, so after every reboot I have to go to
Direct CD, to Finish, to open the draw. The drive itself works fine. I have
checked for viruses and spyware. I removed Direct CD from my start-up list,
which means that I have to hit it twice to bring it up after rebooting. I'm
stuck. thanks for your help.
Larry Dessner
2 answers Last reply
More about tray open

    Your post is somewhat ambiguous (to me), but it appears that your CD drive's
    "open" button may have failed. Have it examined by a knowledgeable
    technician.

    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "ldessne" <ldessne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > something is blocking my cd tray, so after every reboot I have to go to
    > Direct CD, to Finish, to open the draw. The drive itself works fine. I
    have
    > checked for viruses and spyware. I removed Direct CD from my start-up
    list,
    > which means that I have to hit it twice to bring it up after rebooting.
    I'm
    > stuck. thanks for your help.
    > Larry Dessner

    If your "Open" button has failed try this.
    Look on the front of your CD drive for a small hole. Take a
    straightened paper clip, insert it in the hole and push.
    Your drawer should open.

    "ldessne" <ldessne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    > something is blocking my cd tray, so after every reboot I
    have to go to
    > Direct CD, to Finish, to open the draw. The drive itself
    works fine. I have
    > checked for viruses and spyware. I removed Direct CD from
    my start-up list,
    > which means that I have to hit it twice to bring it up
    after rebooting. I'm
    > stuck. thanks for your help.
    > Larry Dessner

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows