Ad Hoc using router?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

All the info I find on ad hoc (1 pc -1 laptop) always mention adding a
wireless card to the desktop (main pc with dial up)
Would a USB wireless do the trick as easy or better yet a wireless router
wired to the (already existing) internal card on the desktop?
The laptop has a built in intel wireless already. Mostly want to share
files, maybe internet with ICS. Just seems easier and cost efective to pick
up a wireless router and do the job. Commets please?
Thanks
Frank L

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:32:02 -0400, Frank wrote:

> All the info I find on ad hoc (1 pc -1 laptop) always mention adding a
> wireless card to the desktop (main pc with dial up)
> Would a USB wireless do the trick as easy or better yet a wireless router
> wired to the (already existing) internal card on the desktop?
> The laptop has a built in intel wireless already. Mostly want to share
> files, maybe internet with ICS. Just seems easier and cost efective to pick
> up a wireless router and do the job. Commets please?
> Thanks
> Frank L

Wireless router is the best way, for many reasons. The wireless then is set
to "infrastructure" mode, not "ad-hoc mode.

Hi
ICS Solution -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx?pf=true
Hi