Office XP and Windows Me

What do I need to know about installing Office XP in Windows Me? The first
time I installed it, there weren't problems except that ctfmon.exe kept
unchecking itself from MSCONFIG. I followed advice in a knowledge base
article, but it didn't help. Any other advice to maybe prevent this problem?
I do not intend to install the Alternative Input text/speech stuff. The
other thing that's a resource hog is mosearch. Is there anything else that
might be good NOT to install or workarounds for any known issues? Thanks.

Correction:
ctfmon kept re-checking itself, not unchecking itself. When I'd delete the
entry in the registry it would keep coming back.

"ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What do I need to know about installing Office XP in Windows Me? The first
> time I installed it, there weren't problems except that ctfmon.exe kept
> unchecking itself from MSCONFIG. I followed advice in a knowledge base
> article, but it didn't help. Any other advice to maybe prevent this
problem?
> I do not intend to install the Alternative Input text/speech stuff. The
> other thing that's a resource hog is mosearch. Is there anything else that
> might be good NOT to install or workarounds for any known issues? Thanks.

Common problem - the only reliable way around it is to uninstall the
Alternative Data Input using the installer (or not to install that option in
the first place).

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi