mySQL

I have d/l'd mySQL 4.1 and it seems to have installed
effortlessly but I cannot get it to start up. Anyone have
any experience with it? I've tried the mySQL boards and
gotten no responses.

Puckhead wrote:
> I have d/l'd mySQL 4.1 and it seems to have installed
> effortlessly but I cannot get it to start up. Anyone have
> any experience with it? I've tried the mySQL boards and
> gotten no responses.

What platform version did you download?

What version of Windows are you using?

What are you attempting that isn't working?

--
Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/

Thanks for the response, Jim. Platform is WinME.

I first d/l'd and installed Windows Essentials
(mysql-essential-4.1.10-win32.msi) and when I looked under
the Start Menu, the mySQL/mySQL Server 4.1 folder had 2

I also tried mysql-4.1.10-win32.zip and the only difference
was was a third option in the folder for the mySQL manual.

In both instances, the config wizard ran automatically
after install and ended with a "successful install" dialog
box. I followed the manual instructions to the letter
during install choosing all of the recommended options.
Attempting to use the Command Line Client gave me a shell
window and a prompt for a password which would close when
used. One item of note - in all instances, the config
wizard never gave me a security dialog box and I was never
allowed to set a password. I'd go from the "run as
services" dialog to the "execute".

All help is appreciated.

Bump. Still hoping for an answer...