transfer of data

my computer is an older one and is beginning to act up, so
we have decided to upgrade. we are currently running
windows me and the new machine will be running windows xl.
we now use outlook express for our mail. I have setup two
indentities in outlook, one for me and one for my wife.
We both have extensive address book I would like to
transfer to address books files to the new computer. Does
anyone know if this can be done, and, if so, how?

I would be most appreciative for any help given.

Jackl

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

This is a totally new computer you are talking about?? Go to the IE6
Outlook Express news group and they can help you.

Heather

"jackl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my computer is an older one and is beginning to act up, so
> we have decided to upgrade. we are currently running
> windows me and the new machine will be running windows xl.
> we now use outlook express for our mail. I have setup two
> indentities in outlook, one for me and one for my wife.
> We both have extensive address book I would like to
> transfer to address books files to the new computer. Does
> anyone know if this can be done, and, if so, how?
>
> I would be most appreciative for any help given.
>
> Jackl

www.tomsterdam.com is from the OE / IE expert, MVP Tom Koch.

Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> This is a totally new computer you are talking about?? Go to the IE6
> Outlook Express news group and they can help you.
>
> Heather
>
> "jackl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my computer is an older one and is beginning to act up, so
> > we have decided to upgrade. we are currently running
> > windows me and the new machine will be running windows xl.
> > we now use outlook express for our mail. I have setup two
> > indentities in outlook, one for me and one for my wife.
> > We both have extensive address book I would like to
> > transfer to address books files to the new computer. Does
> > anyone know if this can be done, and, if so, how?
> >
> > I would be most appreciative for any help given.
> >
> > Jackl

what is windows xl? never heard of it :-}
you probably mean Windows XP.