ATI Radeon Problem.

Several times My Sapphire Atlantis 9800 Pro has suddenly stopped working (no
activity at the time). Symptoms are a blank screen, when I reboot it is
sometimes OK but sometimes says a video problem was encountered.
today on reboot the blue crash screen came up constantly saying it was stuck
in an infinite loop. The problem was with the file ati2dvag.dll.
I entered safe mode then deleted the two devices in the system hardware
panel, on reboot the system found and loaded the drivers and everything is
working OK again.
I am running the latest catalyst drivers, should I maybe try the Omega
drivers??.
I dont remember this happening when I first installed the card. Could it be
hardware problem with the card??

regards
Freddie

"Freddie Clark" <fredclark@SPAM@loxinfo.co.th> wrote in message
> Several times My Sapphire Atlantis 9800 Pro has suddenly stopped working
(no
> activity at the time). Symptoms are a blank screen, when I reboot it is
> sometimes OK but sometimes says a video problem was encountered.
> today on reboot the blue crash screen came up constantly saying it was
stuck
> in an infinite loop. The problem was with the file ati2dvag.dll.
> I entered safe mode then deleted the two devices in the system hardware
> panel, on reboot the system found and loaded the drivers and everything is
> working OK again.
> I am running the latest catalyst drivers, should I maybe try the Omega
> drivers??.
> I dont remember this happening when I first installed the card. Could it
be
> hardware problem with the card??
>
> regards
> Freddie

Try alt.comp.periphs.videocard.ati.

"T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Freddie Clark" <fredclark@SPAM@loxinfo.co.th> wrote in message
>> Several times My Sapphire Atlantis 9800 Pro has suddenly stopped working
> (no
>> activity at the time). Symptoms are a blank screen, when I reboot it is
>> sometimes OK but sometimes says a video problem was encountered.
>> today on reboot the blue crash screen came up constantly saying it was
> stuck
>> in an infinite loop. The problem was with the file ati2dvag.dll.
>> I entered safe mode then deleted the two devices in the system hardware
>> panel, on reboot the system found and loaded the drivers and everything
>> is
>> working OK again.
>> I am running the latest catalyst drivers, should I maybe try the Omega
>> drivers??.
>> I dont remember this happening when I first installed the card. Could it
> be
>> hardware problem with the card??
>>
>> regards
>> Freddie
>>

> Try alt.comp.periphs.videocard.ati.

I would but its not available on my ISP. Seems the problem is DirectX
related

regards
Freddie

Freddie Clark wrote:
> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>"Freddie Clark" <fredclark@SPAM@loxinfo.co.th> wrote in message
>>
>>>Several times My Sapphire Atlantis 9800 Pro has suddenly stopped working
>>
>>(no
>>
>>>activity at the time). Symptoms are a blank screen, when I reboot it is
>>>sometimes OK but sometimes says a video problem was encountered.
>>>today on reboot the blue crash screen came up constantly saying it was
>>
>>stuck
>>
>>>in an infinite loop. The problem was with the file ati2dvag.dll.
>>>I entered safe mode then deleted the two devices in the system hardware
>>>panel, on reboot the system found and loaded the drivers and everything
>>>is
>>>working OK again.
>>>I am running the latest catalyst drivers, should I maybe try the Omega
>>>drivers??.
>>>I dont remember this happening when I first installed the card. Could it
>>
>>be
>>
>>>hardware problem with the card??
>>>
>>>regards
>>>Freddie
>>>

>>Try alt.comp.periphs.videocard.ati.
>>

> I would but its not available on my ISP.

Send an email to support at your isp and ask them to add it.

> Seems the problem is DirectX
> related
>
> regards
> Freddie

neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

"spodosaurus" <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
> Freddie Clark wrote:
>> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Freddie Clark" <fredclark@SPAM@loxinfo.co.th> wrote in message

>>>(no

>>>stuck

>>>be

>>>Try alt.comp.periphs.videocard.ati.
>>>

>> I would but its not available on my ISP.
>
> Send an email to support at your isp and ask them to add it.
>
>> Seems the problem is DirectX related
>>
>> regards
>> Freddie

Well looks like I have it fixed. Seems the heatsink had worked loose and
wasnt making proper contact. After tightening up the screws all is working
again.

cheers
Freddie