INCOMPATIBILITY WITH 64-BIT VERSIONS

drpandya

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Hello,
I have Toshiba Notebook with Windows 7 OS. While running some programs it gives Unsupported 16-bit application dialog box with an error as : cannot start or run due to incompability with 64-bit versions

drpandya

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I tried installing XP Mode but doesn't work may be because I have Windows 7 Home edition. Somewhere I found that XP mode can be installed only in case of WINDOW 7 Professional edition or Ulitimate.

Can I Install Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate without formatting HardDisk on Windows 7 Home Premium directly.

If that is so then probably XP Mode will be fine to install.

Once again thank you.

tiloldar

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
I have home premium and have found most work. Make sure to install in the c > program files, not c > program files (x86). "Frogger" would not run in XP mode until I uninstalled c > program files (x86) and reinstalled into c > program files. Worked like a charm after that.
Good Luck

Broseidon

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010

You are correct, Starter and Home Premium do not have XP Mode. Have you tried running it in Win95/98 Compatibility mode?

tiloldar

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
I'm running Home Premium and can run in XP Mode. I can access it either through right clicking the games exe and choosing properties, or troubleshoot compatibility.