Windows Explorer won't load

vinCe

I just got done unsuccessfully doing a system restore (told me I didn't have
enough Disk Space--I have 33 Gb out of 40Gb). I then tried to remove some
background programs from the Programs Running Box. After restarting the
computer, I double clicked the icon for shortcup to Windows Explorer and all
that comes up is "My Documents. SAme if I do a search for Explorer and double
click from the search box.
How can I get it back?

Thanks

Vince
--
vince

vince wrote:
> I just got done unsuccessfully doing a system restore (told me I
> didn't have enough Disk Space--I have 33 Gb out of 40Gb). I then
> tried to remove some background programs from the Programs Running
> Box. After restarting the computer, I double clicked the icon for
> shortcup to Windows Explorer and all that comes up is "My Documents.
> SAme if I do a search for Explorer and double click from the search
> box. How can I get it back?

The only difference between My Computer and Windows Explorer is whether it
is a one-pane or two-pane view.

You can get the Explore view by right-clicking on My Computer, and accept
Explore.

If you only want to use the two-pain view, open My Computer, click Tools |
Folder Options | File Types, and change the default action for Folder (not
File Folder) to Explore instead of Open.

You can also create a custom shortcut to make Explorer open the way you want
it with these directions:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=130510&sd=RMVP

--
Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/