C:KB837009.EXE /N:V

Can someone tell me what the /N:V switch means in the command line fix
below?

C:\KB837009.EXE /N:V

My boyfriend wants to know this and if this syntax can be used to force
installation of other windows updates that won't install. He also wants to
know if the procedure can be used in Windows Mode as well as Safe Mode. I
had to do this when I could not get 837009 to install on my machine. Now he
cannot get it to install on his.

TO FORCE INSTALLATION of 837009:
* Clear IE history, cookies, cache and temporary internet files.
* Rename IE6.0sp1-KB837009-x86-ENU.exe to KB837009.EXE.
* Place the short name of the file in the C root directory.
* Boot into Safe Mode.
* Type the command line C:\KB837009.EXE /N:V (2 spaces between file name
and switch)
* Reboot to Windows Mode and see if the update installed properly.

Source: Microsoft Technical Support

TalkAbout Network
Home - Software - Win98 Internet Windows Update - Repeated Update

Repeated updates of KB837009
by "Grant" <anonymous@[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Jan 4, 2005 at 04:21 AM

http://www.talkaboutsoftware.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.internet.windows_update/messages/31126.html

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:Ow8NRitFFHA.4004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
ForestSpirit <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> had this to say:

> Can someone tell me what the /N:V switch means in the command line fix
> below?

/N:V means no version checking and install the package over any previous
version installed. It may very well work for his problem as well. I'd say
give it a try and see if it works.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes